Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

27,000 mile 4 year service GT3T

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2023, 02:05 PM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 64 Posts

You add Lucas UCL at EVERY fuel up? Isn't that kind of overkill?
Old 03-01-2023, 03:28 PM
rob944s2
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 153 Posts

Maybe a bit of a controversial thought, but I wonder if adding Lucas UCL at every fill up could be causing some of that buildup. I understand the product is intended to combat this and I don't have any experience with the product, but I'm skeptical of a lot of these fuel additive products and whether they really do what they claim to do whether it be injector cleaning, stop leak, mileage extenders, etc. Lucas claims their UCL product is "A powerful blend of oils and additives that contain no SOLVENTS." Not necessarily something I personally would want running through my GT3 engine unless it was recommended by Porsche.

Has anyone else heard of or seen valve buildup like OP's on these engines? This is the first I've heard of it.
Old 03-02-2023, 01:10 AM
Berjar
Racer

Received 369 Likes on 142 Posts

Good point. In a direct injection engine there is no benefit using fuel additives for the valves. I could see how an additive could cause increased un-burnt gasses leaking back on the valves?? If anyone can get a camera shot of their valves with similar miles it would be great info. I have had really good resualts in my other vehicles with Lucas. In my Truck I can actually feel the difference when I use. Not so in my other 4 cars. I just think upper cylinder lubrication can't hurt but I could be wrong. My wife would confirm that I am often wrong😉

Quick Reply: 27,000 mile 4 year service GT3T