Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 LWBS pull up Harness system?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2023, 03:05 PM
MonsterMLT
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 991 GT3 LWBS pull up Harness system?

Hi GT3 friends

I have been a part of this community for many years now and have replied to posts but rarely posted as I can usually find answers to any of my questions based on past posts. I realize I am not the only one facing questions and am sure others usually found solutions before I knew I had a question

I cannot seem to find an answer to this one. I have schroth 6 point GT3 LWBS specific harness system in my GT3T. Great harness. But…. I really like to be able to pull up on my lap belt harness as I believe you can get the harness much more secure by pulling up vs down.

I had a 996 GT3 and had to use aftermarket seats and was able to make the belts pull up bs down.

I have talked to my local shops and no one seems to know of a harness system that can work with the LWBS where you can pull up on the lap belt to tighten. Lots of reasoning but mostly I hear it is because of a special attachment that has to be sewed to the end of a harness so it can work with the Porsche LWBS. Just does not make sense that there is no other way to attach the lap belts to allow for pull up tightening

Does anyone here have a solution to what seems to be such a simple problem? Other than the obvious (change your seats to aftermarket)
Old 01-05-2023, 11:50 AM
Brainofjjj
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

I know some can be swapped between up and down but not sure if any are bucket specific like the Schroth ones. I used to like the pull up ones but frankly now that i've used both in race and street cars i don't see a real difference. You can get snug by yourself with either style but i'd go with the Schroth one just for ease of install.
The following users liked this post:
MonsterMLT (01-05-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 09:30 PM
MonsterMLT
Rennlist Member

Thank you for your comment. I am seeing very few replies which tells me there is likely jot a simple answer. I totally understand your point and am trying to find options. I too have tried up and down pull for a while. I just find in the LWBS (and maybe because I am a “Big Boy”) it is hard to get tight. My old 911 had the up pull and I loved it.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:43 PM
Brainofjjj
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Maybe go ask over the HPDE forum?
The following users liked this post:
MonsterMLT (01-05-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 11:28 PM
MonsterMLT
Rennlist Member

Great idea! I have not even been to that forum. Ahh the newbie in me

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 LWBS pull up Harness system?