Sponsored by:

Refurbishment of PCCB (answers)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 05:46 AM
Redisc
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Refurbishment of PCCB (answers)

Hi guy, hope you don't mind posting this, but I have some great news. In the year 2022 we have started to refurbish carbon ceramic disc under our name.
Our service is already known because our technology was already used by someone that is known here on the forum, that had a license to sell this service, but production was always here in Slovenia (EU).
Let me be clear, that this is NOT the same company nor we are not connected anyway. The production is in our possession and we want to help you save on the costs of CCB and perform very good service for a reasonable price in order you are happy with the whole process.

So to be short, you can read all of the info on Home - ReDisc
If anybody has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me on PM or email or to give me a call.

I appreciate your time for reading this post and hope to get some feedback from you.

Best regards, Maja
The following users liked this post:
Spoddle (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 05:53 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,602 Likes on 2,341 Posts

AWESOME NEWS!!!

Last edited by Larry Cable; 12-01-2022 at 06:39 PM. Reason: removed "Homer Simpson-esque" (dumb) question!
Redisc (12-02-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 06:36 PM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
AWESOME NEWS!!!

So presumably one would ship their PCCB directly to your company for refurb, curious what the "approx" cost of this is in $ for 4x 991.2 GT3 or 718 Spyder PCCB's?'

you can PM me with the details if you do not want to post prices here!
prices are on the website - in euros though
Redisc (12-02-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 06:38 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tgibrit
prices are on the website - in euros though
Redisc (12-02-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 06:49 AM
Redisc
Former Vendor

Hi guys, so prices are below. I have used a currect exchange rate. Price is for pcs.
  • PCCB 350 mm front €1,810 plus + VAT ------------ $1905,46 + VAT
  • Up to a diameter of 370mm €1,815 plus + VAT ----------- $ 1910,73 + VAT
  • Between 370mm and 399mm in diameter €1,820 plus + VAT ------ $ 1915,99 + VAT
  • Over 400mm in diameter €1,880 plus + VAT ----------------- $1979,16 + VAT
  • Minor repairs (edge damage) €750 plus + VAT ------------- $ 789,56 + VAT
  • Fixing element (floater) for PCCB single €75 plus + VAT --- $ 78,96 + VAT
Shipping costs are cca $250-300 in one way. Depends on the weight, size of the package and location.

If any question, please let me know

Last edited by Redisc; 12-02-2022 at 06:52 AM.
Old 12-02-2022, 01:08 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Redisc
Hi guys, so prices are below. I have used a currect exchange rate. Price is for pcs.
Shipping costs are cca $250-300 in one way. Depends on the weight, size of the package and location.

thanks! - I can definitely see me using your service to refurb the PCCBs on my GT3 and 718 Spyder

Old 12-03-2022, 06:44 AM
JCviggen
Rennlist Member

Received 1,570 Likes on 600 Posts

Nice to have a company like this comment on here directly, but if my math works out in Europe I'd have to pay 9028 EUR + shipping back and forth call it 9500 EUR for all 4 brake discs on a 991 GT3. That's 75% of the cost of a brand new set if you look around in Germany...

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-...04270-223-2247
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-...80561-223-3174

...or 65% of an upgrade to new Surface Transforms discs.

I appreciate it's a difficult and expensive process I just think that people who aren't just going to the dealer and say "gimme a set of new brakes" may find the cost of refurbishment steep relative to buying new.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:52 AM
Redisc
Former Vendor

Hi, thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it. I have checked this and I agree. This price is very low.. Based on our long-term cooperation with Porsche there is no way we can get new ceramic discs under this kind of condition. Normally the price is between 5.000 - 6.000 EUR.

I believe there is a reason for his.

I know for a fact that some individuals who have connections in the factory can buy out test parts.

Something they can get out of crashed cars or testing for a very cheap price and sell forward.

If you can get this of a deal, that is great 😊

With our service, we can refurbish them in a new form. Because of the chemical process, this discs have protected carbon fibers and we can even extend the life circle in a new one.

Is it a decision from each and single individual what to do when you have a worn out disc. Getting best value for your money I believe is a priority. And at the end of the day, you must be happy whit what you get.

JCviggen (12-03-2022)
Old 12-03-2022, 02:22 PM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 132 Posts

@Redisc As a PCCB owner I am excited by your process to refurbish factory discs. As a potential future customer can you please clarify what type of refurbishment is covered for the price list below? When I look at your website it appears you have different levels of refurbishment so it would be nice to know what exactly is covered for the price below.

Old 12-05-2022, 05:20 AM
Redisc
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Ecosse911
@Redisc As a PCCB owner I am excited by your process to refurbish factory discs. As a potential future customer can you please clarify what type of refurbishment is covered for the price list below? When I look at your website it appears you have different levels of refurbishment so it would be nice to know what exactly is covered for the price below.
Hi, thank you for your question. So we are able to refurbish PCCB and CCM rotors.
regarding the fact if discs are new or worn out, the process in the same.

1. step MECHANICAL PROCESSING
The disc is disassembled, weighed, measured with a wear gauge, inspected for structural damage and, if necessary, X-rayed. This way, structural damage that is not visible to the naked eye can be identified.
2. step: The brake discs are then impregnated with polymers to fill the air pockets. This process is repeated until the disc reaches its target weight.
3. step, the carbon fibres are “coated” to protect them from further vaporisation.

4. step: We apply an OXY COATING to the outer surface.
5. FINAL MECHANICAL PROCESSING
The surface is then sanded to achieve a clean and perfectly flat friction surface. The disc is then sent to be checked, where it is reweighed and rebalanced. The discs are also re-measured with a wear gauge and, if necessary, imaged with an X-ray machine. On average, a brake disc has a higher weight (up to 180 g) and reaches its target weight. We provide a certificate for each disc.

So that is the full refurbishment process and the is between
$1905,46 + VAT and $1979,16 + VAT, depending on the size of the disc.

Additional charge is
When we separate discs from the hat, floaters are also replaced with new ones.

Racing treatment is done only for CCM rotors if required.

If you have only minor repairs (chipped edges) that costs $ 789,56 + VAT.

Larry Cable (12-05-2022)
Old 12-05-2022, 06:52 PM
5teve
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

It is awesome you are providing this service as an option! A few questions I had.

1. Are there any visual differences in a refurbished rotor from say a new rotor? In other words can you see where fixes have been made?
2. What is the life expectancy of a refurbished rotor compared to a new one? More, less or about the same?

Old 12-05-2022, 07:48 PM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 178 Likes on 110 Posts

If the rotors are exported directly, is VAT still applicable? I've bought items from the EU and the UK, and the VAT was only to be charged on items that don't stay in the country.
Old 12-06-2022, 01:06 PM
Redisc
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 5teve
It is awesome you are providing this service as an option! A few questions I had.

1. Are there any visual differences in a refurbished rotor from say a new rotor? In other words can you see where fixes have been made?
2. What is the life expectancy of a refurbished rotor compared to a new one? More, less or about the same?
Hi thank you very much for your question. Here are the answers.

1. Visual image of the disc on the same as the new disc. Even if there are injuries, we do our best to make them invisible. Depends on the damage. They look the same, but the structure is even better. We also add an oxy coating to them, which prevents oxygen from entering.
2. The life expectancy of a refurbished disc is the same as new one or even better. Of course, it is necessary to take into consideration the quality of original production and the way of driving.
Best regards, Maja
Old 12-06-2022, 02:28 PM
Redisc
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Glyndellis
If the rotors are exported directly, is VAT still applicable? I've bought items from the EU and the UK, and the VAT was only to be charged on items that don't stay in the country.
Hi thank you so much for the question.

By this point, customers who have sent discs for refurbishment were doing this through the company. The process of customs demands, that for temporary import we need to get from you guys an invoice. As individuals cannot issue an invoice.
If doing this way, means that you get an invoice without VAT from us. I am not sure what is US tax process after..
Are you asking as a private person or a company?
Old 12-06-2022, 02:49 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Hi, thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it. I have checked this and I agree. This price is very low.. Based on our long-term cooperation with Porsche there is no way we can get new ceramic discs under this kind of condition. Normally the price is between 5.000 - 6.000 EUR.

I believe there is a reason for his.

I know for a fact that some individuals who have connections in the factory can buy out test parts.

Something they can get out of crashed cars or testing for a very cheap price and sell forward.

If you can get this of a deal, that is great 😊

With our service, we can refurbish them in a new form. Because of the chemical process, this discs have protected carbon fibers and we can even extend the life circle in a new one.

Is it a decision from each and single individual what to do when you have a worn out disc. Getting best value for your money I believe is a priority. And at the end of the day, you must be happy whit what you get.

Thanks, great resource! Welcome to these pages.
I have quite a bit of experience with Surface Transforms (Sold my 991.1RS with 70,000Km and my 991.2RS with 35K km in 2020, but my new cars are all ordered with PCCB and now we have a cheaper solution if they are used up

There are always used / take offs / cars getting parted out. But I think many don't want to buy some mystery disc of Evil Bay (Send money out of country).
And most of us just need them when we need them.

Do you have a North American address to ship to / from?
As a USA importer and exporter for European parts, the paperwork, payments, duties etc for international shipments is often an issue.
Do you have an exchange program? Otherwise you have a car on blocks for 4 weeks?
Redisc (12-06-2022)

Quick Reply: Refurbishment of PCCB (answers)