Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.1 GT3 - How To Tell Which Engine Version?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2023, 10:03 AM
Indyxc
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by alexaqui
Thank you for clarifying. I was not entirely sure if the RS had a G6 version. What is the H0 version? Is that for the 991.2?

I did my research before purchasing and it seems like the RS engines are a bit more reliable. I'm certainly happy with the car and as stated have a 3 year CPO. This is my first GT car after wanting one for 17 years! I cannot believe I actually own my dream car.
The mid year change in RS engines seems to be the same as the final G6 engines. You have the final G0 Engine. See attachement.

I too recently bought 911.1 GT3 RS, my dream car! . The .2 was out of my budget, and the .2 GT3 did not feel as special to me. I did a lot of research too, and to me it's a risk/reward type event. The RS engine does appear to have less finger follower failures than the standard GT3s. IT runs a different oil filter, higher oil pressures, lower redlines, but fundamentally shares the same finger follower design. Run a higher weight oil (Not the M1 0W40), let the car warm up, and enjoy!

Old 01-06-2024, 11:56 AM
GTZee
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Indyxc
The mid year change in RS engines seems to be the same as the final G6 engines. You have the final G0 Engine. See attachement.

I too recently bought 911.1 GT3 RS, my dream car! . The .2 was out of my budget, and the .2 GT3 did not feel as special to me. I did a lot of research too, and to me it's a risk/reward type event. The RS engine does appear to have less finger follower failures than the standard GT3s. IT runs a different oil filter, higher oil pressures, lower redlines, but fundamentally shares the same finger follower design. Run a higher weight oil (Not the M1 0W40), let the car warm up, and enjoy!

I am looking at buying a .1 RS and engine is MA176 and G03835 looks like an earlier G series motor and not the revised one. All these posts about failures are freaking me out a bit and almost make me want to get a .2.

Quick Reply: 991.1 GT3 - How To Tell Which Engine Version?