Sponsored by:

19F 20R for .2 GT3RS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2022, 11:52 PM
timothyli
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 19F 20R for .2 GT3RS?

I am considering a 19F 20R setup, and tires would be the Cup2R 285/35ZR19 and 335/30ZR20. I will also switch to the PFC brake kit and wondering if I should go with 380 or 405 fronts. I would like to get some advises on if this is possible or what I need to look more into. Your comments are appreciated!
Old 10-04-2022, 02:46 PM
Hinz Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 324 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by timothyli
I am considering a 19F 20R setup, and tires would be the Cup2R 285/35ZR19 and 335/30ZR20. I will also switch to the PFC brake kit and wondering if I should go with 380 or 405 fronts. I would like to get some advises on if this is possible or what I need to look more into. Your comments are appreciated!
A couple of questions here...
  • What wheels will you be running exactly?
  • Is this a track-only car?
  • Are the track/s you run fast and heavy on brakes?
In most cases, the 380 kits are plenty enough on track, even for an RS. There are exceptions however depending on your usage and abilities. The 380 kits also allow you to run 18" wheels if you want, which opens up tire selection even further.

The 405 kit is for those that demand the utmost in performance and need more thermal capacity. The 405 discs are heavier than the 380 obviously, so it isn't always the right choice as it can be overkill in certain applications.

The Race or "R" kits require 7mm of extra clearance to the spokes. They do not clear OE 991 GT3 wheels, unless you run a 7mm spacer or have aftermarket wheels. Forgeline, Finspeed, Apex, etc. all make wheels that offer plenty of clearance and I carry them as well.
  • R kits use 28mm front pads and 26mm rear pads. *This is a huge bonus and helps increase pad and rotor life.*
The Sport or "S" kits will clear stock wheels without issue.
  • S kits use 22mm front pads and 20mm rear pads - PFC is also coming out with a street pad solution for the S kits for those that dual use their cars and want quiet brakes on the street. I should have test pads here in the next few weeks to try out.
I am happy to guide you through all of this even if you order elsewhere. I answer these questions several times a week. The right kit for you depends on a host of factors that we can sort through. I also ship globally for anyone interested.

Thanks,

HINZ MOTORSPORT
Race Parts & Accessories for your PORSCHE
www.HinzMotorsport.com
Call: 414-212-5679
Email: rick@hinzmotorsport.com
The following users liked this post:
991C2S88 (10-05-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 11:36 AM
timothyli
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hinz Motorsport
A couple of questions here...
  • What wheels will you be running exactly?
  • Is this a track-only car?
  • Are the track/s you run fast and heavy on brakes?
In most cases, the 380 kits are plenty enough on track, even for an RS. There are exceptions however depending on your usage and abilities. The 380 kits also allow you to run 18" wheels if you want, which opens up tire selection even further.

The 405 kit is for those that demand the utmost in performance and need more thermal capacity. The 405 discs are heavier than the 380 obviously, so it isn't always the right choice as it can be overkill in certain applications.

The Race or "R" kits require 7mm of extra clearance to the spokes. They do not clear OE 991 GT3 wheels, unless you run a 7mm spacer or have aftermarket wheels. Forgeline, Finspeed, Apex, etc. all make wheels that offer plenty of clearance and I carry them as well.
  • R kits use 28mm front pads and 26mm rear pads. *This is a huge bonus and helps increase pad and rotor life.*
The Sport or "S" kits will clear stock wheels without issue.
  • S kits use 22mm front pads and 20mm rear pads - PFC is also coming out with a street pad solution for the S kits for those that dual use their cars and want quiet brakes on the street. I should have test pads here in the next few weeks to try out.
I am happy to guide you through all of this even if you order elsewhere. I answer these questions several times a week. The right kit for you depends on a host of factors that we can sort through. I also ship globally for anyone interested.

Thanks,
Thank you for the helpful reply, it is a lot of useful information!

I will be running Forgeline GE1R wheels

This will be a track only car, with occasional car and coffee meets that I will switch back to stock wheels with road tire.

I am not planning on getting the R kit. With the info you provided, I guess I should consider the 380 size.

The reason I want to use a 19F 20R setup is that where I live, it is not cost effective to get Hoosier or the like. I can get the CUP2R in the 19 and 20 sizes I stated above, so I am just wondering if this setup is OK, and what width and offset wheels I will need to clear the suspension and wheel arc.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Old 10-05-2022, 03:05 PM
Hinz Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 324 Likes on 197 Posts

If this is mainly a track only car and you are going to stick with running 19" / 20" wheels and want to run the "S" calipers, the 405 "S" kit may make more sense. The larger diameter disc will help offset the narrower pad slightly, should add a bit more torque, and it will fill out the wheel better from an aesthetic standpoint. It's really up to you though. The 380 kit will certainly be enough as it will provide the most clearance to the wheels and will be the lightest option. As mentioned, the "S" kits will also have a street pad option as well in the near future.

Regarding wheels, the GE1Rs are amazing and provide some of the best clearances in their lineup. Is your 19"/20" wheel selection solely based on tire availability? Or is it aesthetics?

Quick Reply: 19F 20R for .2 GT3RS?