Sponsored by:

High Mileage 991 GT3 Owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2023, 05:09 PM
911-140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by slipaway37
Man you were very fortunate to meet some legends for sure!
I was right there when you snapped that photo with AP, and think you may have even borrowed my sharpie?
After he signed my hat people went crazy running up to him, but no one had a sharpie, so I handed mine over and it made its way down the line, lol!

I totally remember you !!! and thank you once again for loaning AP your Sharpie so he could sign my jacket !!! you rock brother !!
It's 40 F out today here in NY...so trying to channel back some of that perfect RR& weather we had lol !

Old 11-09-2023, 07:48 PM
slipaway37
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by 911-140.6
I totally remember you !!! and thank you once again for loaning AP your Sharpie so he could sign my jacket !!! you rock brother !!
It's 40 F out today here in NY...so trying to channel back some of that perfect RR& weather we had lol !
EPIC, and I thought it was so cool to have your jacket signed!
I was beyond elated to have run into AP twice, and the smile he gave when I told him I had his 991.1 GT3 with new G6 motor.
I bet he knows much more than allowed to tell us about exactly what Porsche did with the G6 remedy.
BTW: That 981 GT4 of yours I would hold for a very long time! I definitely have seller's remorse, and that 981 platform is so solid.
Perhaps we can connect at the next RR8!

Last edited by slipaway37; 11-09-2023 at 07:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
911-140.6 (11-09-2023)
Old 11-09-2023, 09:55 PM
911-140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by slipaway37
EPIC, and I thought it was so cool to have your jacket signed!
I was beyond elated to have run into AP twice, and the smile he gave when I told him I had his 991.1 GT3 with new G6 motor.
I bet he knows much more than allowed to tell us about exactly what Porsche did with the G6 remedy.
BTW: That 981 GT4 of yours I would hold for a very long time! I definitely have seller's remorse, and that 981 platform is so solid.
Perhaps we can connect at the next RR8!

Oh wow...I didn't realise you own his former GT3 , keeper for sure.

I actually sold my GT4 a week before RR7 to a fellow Rennlister. I'd had it for over 6 yrs and just wasn't grabbing the key fob as often as I used to , and it deserves to be driven . Amazing car in almost every category and I do miss it from time to time, but looking to add something like a 356a or early 912.

I feel the need for slow, sweet but slow ...lol !

Cheers and definitely reconnect at RR8 .
Old 11-09-2023, 10:03 PM
jcannon
Banned

Received 147 Likes on 92 Posts

2018 Carrera White 991.2 manual and 29,500 miles and going.
Old 05-01-2024, 09:07 PM
DBGT
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking to get some feedback from actual high mileage owners or previous owners please.

Looking at 2015 GT3. Chassis has 77k miles but new G6 engine with only 2k miles.

Car is loaded up well, original MSRP of $160k, has all the options I care about.

Ask is $115k. Is that fair? Hard to find comps since the highest mileage ones for sale I can find have about 40k-ish miles.
Also at that mileage, if I was to put another 20k miles in 4/5 years, what type of depreciation can I expect?

Questions:
What should I be concerned about at this mileage or what services should have been done or should be done soon?

As background I came from a 991 Turbo S that I bought 2 years ago at 48k miles and sold with 53k miles that had 4 previous owners with unknown history of first 2 owners, didnt know if it was tracked or any other info. Car was clean, had zero issues other than some cosmetic which I fixed up. When I sold it, it drove and looked like new and gave me zero headaches even with 4 track days so Im not particularly afraid of a higher mileage Porsche.

Basically, just want to know what possible costly things need to be done or should have been down and what its worth.

Thanks in advance to whoever replies!
Old 05-01-2024, 09:54 PM
Ryoder
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DBGT
Looking to get some feedback from actual high mileage owners or previous owners please.

Looking at 2015 GT3. Chassis has 77k miles but new G6 engine with only 2k miles.

Car is loaded up well, original MSRP of $160k, has all the options I care about.

Ask is $115k. Is that fair? Hard to find comps since the highest mileage ones for sale I can find have about 40k-ish miles.
Also at that mileage, if I was to put another 20k miles in 4/5 years, what type of depreciation can I expect?

Questions:
What should I be concerned about at this mileage or what services should have been done or should be done soon?

As background I came from a 991 Turbo S that I bought 2 years ago at 48k miles and sold with 53k miles that had 4 previous owners with unknown history of first 2 owners, didnt know if it was tracked or any other info. Car was clean, had zero issues other than some cosmetic which I fixed up. When I sold it, it drove and looked like new and gave me zero headaches even with 4 track days so Im not particularly afraid of a higher mileage Porsche.

Basically, just want to know what possible costly things need to be done or should have been down and what its worth.

i wouldn’t have any worries at all! I have a gt3 with 30k on the g6 engine and 70k on the chassis. It’s rock solid.

im actually getting ready to list it here on RL in the next week or so. It will make a phenomenal car for someone.
Old 05-02-2024, 11:31 AM
konrad h1
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by DBGT

Questions:

Assuming all bits and pieces with 70K (including the transmission) are ok, this is a fair deal and just about the best bang for the buck for a street/track car. Porsche invoice for the engine replacement is now around $100k! If I was in the market I would offer $105-$110K and drive it like I stole it.
Old 05-02-2024, 01:03 PM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 251 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by konrad h1
Assuming all bits and pieces with 70K (including the transmission) are ok, this is a fair deal and just about the best bang for the buck for a street/track car. Porsche invoice for the engine replacement is now around $100k! If I was in the market I would offer $105-$110K and drive it like I stole it.
Ask the seller to show you the service records.
You can also find service records on CarFax.

Last edited by parkerfe; 05-02-2024 at 01:11 PM.

Quick Reply: High Mileage 991 GT3 Owners