Sponsored by:

Strut Tower issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2023, 01:51 PM
Mechie3
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redmonkey928
It is actually a very simple repair in the grand spectrum - the GT3 Cup's have these replaced on occasion and if done right, it is all done at the factory points. The entire cast piece comes out and a new one is riveted/boneded in. Not ideal in the sense they break, but in terms of repair it is not all that difficult and the car is status-quo post repair.

I have a question about the rivets used on the lower end of this strut tower. Are they just pop rivets, or something more specialized? I recently got a 991 and while inspecting it I've noticed that the rivets in both of those areas have sheared. Looking to have a body shop do the repair and so far the two I've contacted weren't familiar enough to do the work. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2023, 02:42 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Mechie3
I have a question about the rivets used on the lower end of this strut tower. Are they just pop rivets, or something more specialized? I recently got a 991 and while inspecting it I've noticed that the rivets in both of those areas have sheared. Looking to have a body shop do the repair and so far the two I've contacted weren't familiar enough to do the work. Thanks.
Very specialized, in the PAG parts book and body repair manuals.

Old 05-11-2023, 04:40 PM
WP0
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Mechie3
Yeah, something like that needs to go to a Porsche certified body shop, where they have access to the proper tools and equipment.

Quick Reply: Strut Tower issues