Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty Options

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 12:16 PM
74goldtarga
Pro

Received 142 Likes on 73 Posts

Highline-Autos was helpful and sent me a sample policy. It is notable that the policy language states that the maximum per claim amount is $10,000 but that for the sponsors customers that is raised to $20,000 which should cover most of the cost of PDK failure but maybe not major engine work after the engine warranty runs out.

I also got a sample Safe Guard policy from the dealer but it has specific exclusions for mechanical breakdown at a “race track”. So it seems to me that if you claim or if the insurance adjustors conclude that the failure (eg PDK or engine) occurred at the race track you would not be covered. Any one have any experience with this? Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
Highline-Autos.com (08-18-2022)
Old 08-18-2022, 01:19 AM
rominl
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 74goldtarga
Highline-Autos was helpful and sent me a sample policy. It is notable that the policy language states that the maximum per claim amount is $10,000 but that for the sponsors customers that is raised to $20,000 which should cover most of the cost of PDK failure but maybe not major engine work after the engine warranty runs out.

I also got a sample Safe Guard policy from the dealer but it has specific exclusions for mechanical breakdown at a “race track”. So it seems to me that if you claim or if the insurance adjustors conclude that the failure (eg PDK or engine) occurred at the race track you would not be covered. Any one have any experience with this? Thanks.
what's "sponsors customers"?
Old 08-18-2022, 02:34 AM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
what's "sponsors customers"?
I think he is just referring to us as a sponsor and our customers... Here is the working for the $20k claim increase.

"Thank you for choosing Freedom Warranty for your Vehicle Service Contract needs. We
appreciate the business. In an effort to increase X Class Vehicle Service Contract sales, Freedom
Warranty is willing to make an exception for Highline Autos’ customers. Freedom Warranty will
increase the per claim amount on X Class vehicles from $10,000 (ten thousand dollars) to
$20,000 (twenty thousand) per claim. The aggregate total of $40,000 will remain the same. This
exception will apply only to Complete Manufacturer’s Extension (CME) coverage. All other terms
listed under Section 3: Limits of Liability will remain unchanged and are not affected by this
exception."

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

The following users liked this post:
rominl (08-19-2022)
Old 08-18-2022, 10:06 AM
Doug N
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
I think he is just referring to us as a sponsor and our customers... Here is the working for the $20k claim increase.

"Thank you for choosing Freedom Warranty for your Vehicle Service Contract needs. We
appreciate the business. In an effort to increase X Class Vehicle Service Contract sales, Freedom
Warranty is willing to make an exception for Highline Autos’ customers. Freedom Warranty will
increase the per claim amount on X Class vehicles from $10,000 (ten thousand dollars) to
$20,000 (twenty thousand) per claim. The aggregate total of $40,000 will remain the same. This
exception will apply only to Complete Manufacturer’s Extension (CME) coverage. All other terms
listed under Section 3: Limits of Liability will remain unchanged and are not affected by this
exception."
By $40K aggregate total does that mean the total payout is capped at $40K over the life span of the policy?
Old 08-18-2022, 01:38 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

Correct, $20k per claim limit, $40k per policy limit.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:48 AM
Doug N
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
Correct, $20k per claim limit, $40k per policy limit.
So - in other words, $7.5K for $40K max of coverage. Hmmm…

Quick Reply: Warranty Options