Sponsored by:

Thinking of buying a GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2022 | 02:13 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Thrownaway
I hope you are right! TY

Hes not wrong...dont expect a 992 GT2 product, and you wont be disappointed.
Old 11-09-2022 | 11:06 PM
Thrownaway
Rennlist Member

Any more updates from your sources' regarding 992 GT2RS production you are willing to share? @M3the01
Old 11-10-2022 | 06:11 AM
hashash
Burning Brakes

i am not in the US . I got with the car an owners manual , a manual supplement (got it later) . No cover , no helmet case and no charger.
Carbon fiber steering wheel trim was a campaign , they called me and i had it done maybe 4-5 months after delivery.

On the car , i think the 991.2 2RS is a better road car than the 991.2 3RS (i own both) . The suspension is slightly softer , the exhaust button makes a big difference in the sound between exhaust on and off (i have JCR Sports cats) much bigger difference than the OEM cats and the car is overall pretty docile in the normal driving mode.

The car is fast but pretty controllable considering the power , you never feel it is out of control or the car is overpowered.
it is much faster than a 3Rs on the street (i don't track).

The car sounds very nice - very different to the high pitch of the 3RS but still very nice turbo sounds and whistles . i highly recommend installing hi flow cats (JCR , SOUL , capristo and many other offer them).

Last edited by hashash; 11-10-2022 at 06:16 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by hashash:
Allan-BilletDesign (11-10-2022), Apex Ace (11-10-2022), cadster (11-10-2022), Jerrygreene (11-14-2022), rominl (11-15-2022)
Old 03-14-2023 | 06:00 PM
Thrownaway
Rennlist Member

Is this click bait?

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...hp-hybrid-halo

Last edited by Thrownaway; 03-14-2023 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-02-2023 | 08:45 AM
WhySock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hashash
i am not in the US . I got with the car an owners manual , a manual supplement (got it later) . No cover , no helmet case and no charger.
Carbon fiber steering wheel trim was a campaign , they called me and i had it done maybe 4-5 months after delivery.

On the car , i think the 991.2 2RS is a better road car than the 991.2 3RS (i own both) . The suspension is slightly softer , the exhaust button makes a big difference in the sound between exhaust on and off (i have JCR Sports cats) much bigger difference than the OEM cats and the car is overall pretty docile in the normal driving mode.

The car is fast but pretty controllable considering the power , you never feel it is out of control or the car is overpowered.
it is much faster than a 3Rs on the street (i don't track).

The car sounds very nice - very different to the high pitch of the 3RS but still very nice turbo sounds and whistles . i highly recommend installing hi flow cats (JCR , SOUL , capristo and many other offer them).
I just picked up a 2RS and kept my 3RS (.2) as well. I agree with all of your above statements. It rides better (which I found odd, but somehow it does), and the steering is more responsive/better (not that the 3RS is bad, but you can feel the difference between the two). My ONLY disappointment with the 2RS is the sound. Probably 50%-60% of my enjoyment of my 3RS is the fantastic sounds it makes. A full throttle entry onto the freeway is so much fun with the engine screaming towards redline, but I think it might actually be even more fun to listen to it bang downshifts as I'm coming in hot to a turn under the freeway before goosing it inside the underpass to hear it roar. That is almost completely missing on the 2RS. If I could get more sound out of the 2RS I'd probably be totally in love with it, but as of now I'm kinda torn between the two.

You mentioned you have JCR sport cats, and you recommend any type of sport cat to get some better sound. Do you have a center muffler still, or are you running the JCR center as well (silenced or non-silenced)? I don't want to run cat deletes because it would require a tune to get rid of CELs, and I don't want to jeopardize my CPO warranty. Any suggestions you have for exhaust improvements I'd appreciate. Listening to sound clips online is so tough to discern which systems would be best.

Sorry for the hijack OP!
Old 04-02-2023 | 08:51 AM
hashash
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WhySock
I just picked up a 2RS and kept my 3RS (.2) as well. I agree with all of your above statements. It rides better (which I found odd, but somehow it does), and the steering is more responsive/better (not that the 3RS is bad, but you can feel the difference between the two). My ONLY disappointment with the 2RS is the sound. Probably 50%-60% of my enjoyment of my 3RS is the fantastic sounds it makes. A full throttle entry onto the freeway is so much fun with the engine screaming towards redline, but I think it might actually be even more fun to listen to it bang downshifts as I'm coming in hot to a turn under the freeway before goosing it inside the underpass to hear it roar. That is almost completely missing on the 2RS. If I could get more sound out of the 2RS I'd probably be totally in love with it, but as of now I'm kinda torn between the two.

You mentioned you have JCR sport cats, and you recommend any type of sport cat to get some better sound. Do you have a center muffler still, or are you running the JCR center as well (silenced or non-silenced)? I don't want to run cat deletes because it would require a tune to get rid of CELs, and I don't want to jeopardize my CPO warranty. Any suggestions you have for exhaust improvements I'd appreciate. Listening to sound clips online is so tough to discern which systems would be best.

Sorry for the hijack OP!
i would suggest the JCR hi flow cats (100 cel) . And retain the OEM muffler . This results in a big difference between closed and opened valves . The car is way too quite in stock configuration.
this improves the experince but wont give you the high pitch gt3rs similar sounds . But it gives nice turbo sounds , whistles and flutters .
or if you want to go all out maybe you can try the dundon inconhell . But the car will be seriously loud all the time.

Last edited by hashash; 04-02-2023 at 08:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
WhySock (04-02-2023)
Old 04-02-2023 | 10:14 AM
WhySock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hashash
i would suggest the JCR hi flow cats (100 cel) . And retain the OEM muffler . This results in a big difference between closed and opened valves . The car is way too quite in stock configuration.
this improves the experince but wont give you the high pitch gt3rs similar sounds . But it gives nice turbo sounds , whistles and flutters .
or if you want to go all out maybe you can try the dundon inconhell . But the car will be seriously loud all the time.
Thanks. Seriously loud all of the time isn't bad if it's a good sound. I agree the stock is too quite, and at idle (sitting at traffic lights) it tends to drone. My wife doesn't like the 70mph drone either, but never complains about the sound of 3RS which has no mufflers and the AWE switch path. The Dundon Inconhell is tempting, but I'm not so sure flames shooting out the back is my cup of tea. Seems like it might end up melting the rear bumper over time.
Old 04-02-2023 | 11:59 AM
hashash
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WhySock
Thanks. Seriously loud all of the time isn't bad if it's a good sound. I agree the stock is too quite, and at idle (sitting at traffic lights) it tends to drone. My wife doesn't like the 70mph drone either, but never complains about the sound of 3RS which has no mufflers and the AWE switch path. The Dundon Inconhell is tempting, but I'm not so sure flames shooting out the back is my cup of tea. Seems like it might end up melting the rear bumper over time.
the inconhell by it self does not shoot flames , you have to have a tune/map that supports that.
Old 11-09-2023 | 01:16 PM
Thrownaway
Rennlist Member

Any updates on the 992 GT2RS production from those 'in the know'?

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying a GT2RS