Sponsored by:

Extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2022, 08:31 AM
geoorlando
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by NHmacan
Michael told me yesterday that GT cars are not eligible for Fidelity ? What am I missing?
Can you clarify- GT cars or just the RS?

Thanks,

G.
Old 05-05-2022, 09:58 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 121 Likes on 84 Posts

Just use our portal, and if any pricing populates for the VIN, then coverage is available.

If the system pulls “Call Dealer for Pricing”, this means there are no options found, therefore coverage is NOT available.

Each vehicle VIN may be categorized differently according to Fidelity, so it’s difficult to tell exactly which vehicles are and are not eligible.

Using the quote system is an easy way to determine which cars qualify.

https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...e-quote.html#/

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)
Old 05-05-2022, 11:23 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars
Just use our portal, and if any pricing populates for the VIN, then coverage is available.

If the system pulls “Call Dealer for Pricing”, this means there are no options found, therefore coverage is NOT available.

Each vehicle VIN may be categorized differently according to Fidelity, so it’s difficult to tell exactly which vehicles are and are not eligible.

Neither your company nor Fidelity offer contracts/plans for RS cars.
Old 05-05-2022, 11:25 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

I was talking about calling a dealer and finding there number. You do know there is a 2,RS with like 27k miles that is CPO for sale right now? So clearly Porsche will CPO an RS. If they were not making money on CPO they would not be in that business. So why would they limit selling CPO to new customers only?
Some dealers will CPO a used car they're selling. That's not the same as getting an extended warranty on a car you already own. Porsche doesn't offer factory extended warranties on RS models.

Last edited by FourT6and2; 05-05-2022 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-05-2022, 12:06 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 112 Posts

I have made a lot of calls and have not come up with anything. GT3, yes. GT3RS - Nope. I have tried pulling strings from two two dealers and they flat out said they can't CPO a car someone already owns. I have tried Fidelity and Easy Care - with zero luck RS are not eligible, or at least my VIN is not eligible. I keep reading these posts hoping one of these companies changes their minds and helps this market!
The following 2 users liked this post by bogey1:
achenator (05-05-2024), catdog2 (05-09-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 02:35 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

For everyone again... Freedom Warranty DOES offer coverage on Porsche 911 GT and GT RS cars, they have just as high of claims acceptance rate as our other extended warranty provider Fidelity, which I know you're familiar with. Freedom Warranty offers coverage for Highline Autos high-end vehicles, that Fidelity does not touch, policies on Ferraris, Bentleys, Lamborghinis, GT cars, and even Bugattis.

As stated before "Complete manufactures extension by Freedom Warranty on a 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, 5 years / up to 100k miles, $7,335, $100 deductible, repairs accepted at all Porsche North America dealers, covered for $275 in labor an hour."

You can reach me at (855) 924-1333 or tgibson@highline-autos.com for quotes, questions, or example contracts.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 05-05-2022, 02:36 PM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 260 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by bogey1
I have made a lot of calls and have not come up with anything. GT3, yes. GT3RS - Nope. I have tried pulling strings from two two dealers and they flat out said they can't CPO a car someone already owns. I have tried Fidelity and Easy Care - with zero luck RS are not eligible, or at least my VIN is not eligible. I keep reading these posts hoping one of these companies changes their minds and helps this market!
As I only DD and do track events-No Racing- I'm glad I went with a GT3 rather than and RS so I can keep an Easy Car-Total Care service contract on my GT3 through 2028.

Last edited by parkerfe; 05-05-2022 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-05-2022, 02:54 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
For everyone again... Freedom Warranty DOES offer coverage on Porsche 911 GT and GT RS cars, they have just as high of claims acceptance rate as our other extended warranty provider Fidelity, which I know you're familiar with. Freedom Warranty offers coverage for Highline Autos high-end vehicles, that Fidelity does not touch, policies on Ferraris, Bentleys, Lamborghinis, GT cars, and even Bugattis.

As stated before "Complete manufactures extension by Freedom Warranty on a 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, 5 years / up to 100k miles, $7,335, $100 deductible, repairs accepted at all Porsche North America dealers, covered for $275 in labor an hour."

You can reach me at (855) 924-1333 or tgibson@highline-autos.com for quotes, questions, or example contracts.
Yeah, Freedom seems to be the only option. We're just lamenting about how Porsche doesn't offer a factory warranty.
Old 05-05-2022, 03:07 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Yeah, Freedom seems to be the only option. We're just lamenting about how Porsche doesn't offer a factory warranty.
I agree, even we find it strange that Fidelity does not offer the same coverage they offer the rest of the Porsche 911 line up, even with an acceptable price adjustment?
Old 05-05-2022, 10:07 PM
NHmacan
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 134 Posts

I don’t know why you are wasting peoples time you point blank told me GT cars are not eligible for the Fidelity warranty? So are they or arnt they?
The following users liked this post:
Highline-Autos.com (05-06-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 10:15 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I don’t know why you are wasting peoples time you point blank told me GT cars are not eligible for the Fidelity warranty? So are they or arnt they?
There is not table of eligible models to refer to, rather just a VIN decoder. The only true way to know if a vehicle is eligible is to enter the VIN in the Fidelity system and see what pulls populates. With our portal, customers can now have direct access to the backend Fidelity system for a quick way to know if coverage is eligible.

It’s pretty common practice with users here to use the tool even prior to purchasing the vehicle to determine if and how much coverage is available, if any at all.

If I could give a clear yes or no answer, I would, but everything is always VIN specific.

From most experience however, I’ve never seen a GT3 model pull any available coverage with Fidelity.
Old 05-06-2022, 02:12 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Just ignore them, this is not the first time they have been "unfamiliar" with their products they are selling, we both have access to the following information:

Vehicle Service Contracts New & Used Eligibility Requirements​​​​​​
Excluded Vehicles
  • Model
Porsche- Carrera GT, GT2, GT3, GT3RS, GTS, 918 Spyder, Panamera Exclusive, Panamera Turbo E-Hybrid, Speedster
Old 05-06-2022, 02:52 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Just ignore them, this is not the first time they have been "unfamiliar" with their products they are selling, we both have access to the following information:

Vehicle Service Contracts New & Used Eligibility Requirements​​​​​​
Excluded Vehicles
  • Model
Porsche- Carrera GT, GT2, GT3, GT3RS, GTS, 918 Spyder, Panamera Exclusive, Panamera Turbo E-Hybrid, Speedster
Haha, “unfamiliar”. I’m sure the hundreds of Rennlist Members who do business with us would say otherwise.

Just another poor attempt from a new seller to try and make a name for themselves by bad-mouthing dealers. Not something we like to participate in - we respect all sellers, both new and old, even when the childish banter continues. Good luck selling the plans / glad another dealer has joined the forum to help answer questions for the community.

Old 05-06-2022, 03:15 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Haha, “unfamiliar”. I’m sure the hundreds of Rennlist Members who do business with us would say otherwise.

Just another poor attempt from a new seller to try and make a name for themselves by bad-mouthing dealers. Not something we like to participate in - we respect all sellers, both new and old, even when the childish banter continues. Good luck selling the plans / glad another dealer has joined the forum to help answer questions for the community.
Michael you just told @NHmacan "There is not table of eligible models to refer to..". Fidelity literally gives us a table of ineligible models...
Old 05-06-2022, 03:38 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Michael you just told @NHmacan "There is not table of eligible models to refer to..". Fidelity literally gives us a table of ineligible models...
Our backend system of information and resources is mainly specific to Volvo Cars - as a "used-seller", your backend system must have different resources specific to off-brand vehicles. Trust me here, if I could locate the ineligible models for Porsche, I would have posted for sure. I'm actually glad to see you have access to that list as it helps clear up major confusion.

Quick Reply: Extended warranty