Sponsored by:

colorado porsche mechanics

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2022, 10:22 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,337 Likes on 704 Posts
Default colorado porsche mechanics

This week I took out my 991.2 GT3 for a drive as the weather warmed up in the rockies. Last drive was for a couple hours during a warm weekend 6 weeks ago. Unfortunately, 5 minutes into my drive this week (while I was still driving gently to warm up the car) I got an error message that said there was an engine issue but safe to drive. I turned around for home, but the car died and wouldn't start again. Engine did not sound good while I was trying to start it again as if metal was pulling apart and there was a bit of a burning smell, but no smoke. Car would not start again. Had to have the car towed back to my house, as I didn't see how it could make it to the dealer service department on a weekend.

My question to you all is this. What porsche dealer(s) do you recommend in colorado for possibly a major engine repair? (my GT3 is still under warranty) Hopefully I'm wrong about major repair. The closest dealer is Fort Collins, though they are small dealership (combo VW,Audio, Porsche type dealer) so I guess I worry how many times they've done major surgery on a GT3.

I'm relatively new to the area, so I thought I would ask the group for opinions. Please let me know if you could recommend the mechanics or a particular mechanic at a specific Colorado Porsche dealer for potentially a major GT3 engine repair.

(BTW, I did already communicate with one CO resident on RL, who was very gracious and helpful with his perspective on the various dealers) Thank you very much.

I just thought to get a couple more opinions before I send my lady to the hospital.......
Old 03-28-2022, 01:57 AM
Cyclman
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 310 Posts

Maybe call 3R Racing, if they can’t do it they’ll recommend someone.
Old 03-28-2022, 09:15 AM
MonsterMLT
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had great luck at Prestige Porsche in Littleton, CO. They have a great service team and outstanding service manager who is very involved in the PCA community!!
Old 03-28-2022, 11:03 AM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Porsche Colorado Springs is heavily involved in the Pikes Peak hill climb. They have extensive experience with racing engines. If I was in Fort Collins or Denver. I would take mine there.
The following users liked this post:
Blrmkr (03-28-2022)
Old 03-28-2022, 11:46 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

My local dealer is Porsche Colorado Springs and would certainly recommend them.
Old 03-30-2022, 01:18 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 237 Likes on 135 Posts

I would recommend Colorado Springs also. Please keep us updated on issue with the motor
Old 04-03-2022, 12:16 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,337 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by MonsterMLT
I have had great luck at Prestige Porsche in Littleton, CO. They have a great service team and outstanding service manager who is very involved in the PCA community!!
Thank you,
I'm a bit confused by your post because there are two porsche dealerships in denver, Prestige Porsche which is located in Lakewood, and Porsche Littleton which is located in.....Littleton.

I assume you meant Prestige Porsche. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding.

And I appreciate all the votes and info regarding Colorado springs. I work long hours during the week and I'm not excited about needing to travel to CS, but it sounds like their shop does more GT car mechanical work than any other Porsche dealer in the state.
Old 04-03-2022, 11:50 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Thank you,
I'm a bit confused by your post because there are two porsche dealerships in denver, Prestige Porsche which is located in Lakewood, and Porsche Littleton which is located in.....Littleton.

And I appreciate all the votes and info regarding Colorado springs. I work long hours during the week and I'm not excited about needing to travel to CS, but it sounds like their shop does more GT car mechanical work than any other Porsche dealer in the state.
Give the guys at Porsche Colorado Springs a call as they also have enclosed trailers and can arrange pickup and delivery (not sure of the costs).
Old 04-03-2022, 12:26 PM
MonsterMLT
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Thank you,

that is correct. Prestige Porsche on Colfax. In short, everyone has their favorite. I am sure we have all herd horror stories from other dealers. In short, I would trust Prestige, CO Springs, or Stevenson (now Littleton since it was sold last year). In the end you are doing a major “warranty” coverage. Stick with one of the key dealers in my view. I would also always pick the place where I know or trust the service manager. That relationship will be critical. No matter your choice, this is a critical warranty issue, talk to the Service Managers and see who you best relate to and trust.

Quick Reply: colorado porsche mechanics