Sponsored by:

Wrap quality

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2022, 10:25 PM
murox
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Wrap quality

I have a guards red 991.2 GT3 that I'm considering wrapping just for a change of pace. Love the guards red, but I've been wanting an olive green GT3 pretty bad for about a year now, and have no interest buying in the current market. I have no experience in wraps, and kinda consider them tacky, but it may give me a year or two of the variety I'm looking for without too much hassle.

What are pros and cons? What's the best wrap that will look the most like paint and not vinyl?
Old 03-24-2022, 12:25 AM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Received 416 Likes on 219 Posts

To this day I have never seen a wrap that looked great up close in person. Some of the Inoztek wraps look good in pictures but haven’t seen one in real life yet.
The following users liked this post:
murox (03-26-2022)
Old 03-25-2022, 09:44 PM
jordanw
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts

I’ve had wraps on several vehicles. I’ve used different films, colors, finishes (gloss / satin), and installers, and not a single one of them looked as good as paint up close. Vinyl is also very thin and not very durable. At highway speeds rocks can chip it up pretty easily. 3M vinyl pulled paint off of one of my cars. There are so many variables at play as to why the paint was damaged. It’s just not worth the risk to me. I’ll never wrap a car again.

I’d really consider the pros and cons before making a decision. Unless you plan on getting the door jambs done and having the bumpers / fenders pulled, going from one color to another can look weird.

I’ve had really good luck with Xpel PPF. I’ve used the stealth and regular gloss and both have come out great and do a great job at protecting the paint.
murox (03-26-2022)
Old 03-29-2022, 12:37 AM
thunderdent
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by murox
I have a guards red 991.2 GT3 that I'm considering wrapping just for a change of pace. Love the guards red, but I've been wanting an olive green GT3 pretty bad for about a year now, and have no interest buying in the current market. I have no experience in wraps, and kinda consider them tacky, but it may give me a year or two of the variety I'm looking for without too much hassle.

What are pros and cons? What's the best wrap that will look the most like paint and not vinyl?

Check out this thread above if you’re looking for Olive green. He lists the wrap in there.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1288084-omg3rs-olive-military-green-gt3-rs.html

You close to Huntington? I’m in Ona/Barboursville and have a RS Green 3RS. We should meet up and run sometime if so. Grab some pics.

Go Herd!

Name:  zeHJx76.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  143.0 KB

Name:  m73HAzC.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  263.7 KB
murox (03-30-2022)

Quick Reply: Wrap quality