ADMs

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2022, 10:21 AM
geoorlando
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by parkerfe
I don't know how I feel about that?
In a supply-demand economy, lower supply and/or higher demand equals higher prices.
I would not like it if a multi-national company told be how much I could charge for my goods or services.
But, I also don't want to overpay for anything either.
If no one would agree to pay over MSRP, ADM markups would disappear.
Far be it for me to defend Dealers or ADMs but I agree with you. This is basic economics and when you combine high demand with low supply (never mind extreme scarcity) asset prices usually go up. The opposite is true too and in a downturn how many folks congratulate themselves for buying at a discount and seem pretty happy about it. Who gets hurt there? How does a Dealer, or a Seller of any product for that matter, stand by and watch Customers walk out the door with their product and immediately flip it for a serious profit? Especially in this day and age where there is a secondary market or exchange for almost everything. One policy that can (partially) protect everyone from opportunism on the Buy and Sell-side is to sell w/o an ADM and give the Dealer a ROFR to buy it back at an agreed upon price for a space of time. Imperfect but at least it discourages bad behavior all around. I don't disagree that ADMs can (not will) damage a brand but there is more at play here than bad behavior by Dealers..
Old 03-23-2022, 11:43 AM
itrsteve
Rennlist Member

Received 757 Likes on 420 Posts

Although the ethics of the ADM conversation is beat to death, I learned something interesting from my dealer the other day. Apparently they can auction off allocations to other dealers, my dealer is MSRP by policy but they auctioned off a GT3T allocation to an ADM dealer in trade for 4 "normal" vehicles just so they had something to sell since inventory is paltry across the board.
The following users liked this post:
Perimeter (03-27-2022)
Old 03-23-2022, 08:51 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by parkerfe
I don't know how I feel about that?
In a supply-demand economy, lower supply and/or higher demand equals higher prices.
I would not like it if a multi-national company told be how much I could charge for my goods or services.
But, I also don't want to overpay for anything either.
If no one would agree to pay over MSRP, ADM markups would disappear.
Then I could hand the stealer a C note and get an allocation?
Old 03-27-2022, 11:26 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

Porsche corporate tells us they have the goal of "building relationships" but do ADMs directly contradict this claim?

Originally Posted by mooty
loyalty goes BOTH ways.

Last edited by Perimeter; 03-27-2022 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-27-2022, 11:57 AM
homesauce
Instructor

Received 171 Likes on 60 Posts

They want to build relationships with people that pay ADM.
Old 03-29-2022, 01:57 PM
Skibum1963
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

If people are willing to pay full MSRP for a Cayenne during an economic downturn, then by all means bemoan the ADMs. But until then...

Quick Reply: ADMs