Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to purchase a GT3 soon and have a few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2022, 08:45 PM
dkhm3
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

Gorgeous. Very familiar with that color. Enjoy in good health.
The following users liked this post:
Airbag997 (01-19-2022)
Old 01-16-2022, 09:47 PM
hectorlopez
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dkhm3
I agree with what you are saying and see prices flattening. I am in the market for a gt3 as well. The 20-30k price increase over the last 6 months is nuts but so is the increase in my 991.2 c2s. If the prices dip a bit so will my trade in on my car. It’s close to a wash it seems. If one has nothing to trade it may make sense to wait.
This is exactly where I am at. My M5 competition is 30k over my lease buy out(1 month away). If I buy it and wait 6-8 months and the GT3's turn out to be less, so will my M5. As far as the seats go, I am a bit bigger than the average GT3 owner. Just trying to find the best seat for me. Buckets fit me snug which is nice, but not for foe everyday. I've sat in a bucket, a 4 way and an 18 way and found the 4 way seems to be the most comfortable. I will prob do what a previous poster said, and just keep a bucket for track days.

Thank you everyone for your input.
H
Old 01-18-2022, 11:28 PM
NHmacan
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by eviligloo
The power seats are great and you don't have to be a gymnast to use it. Let's not start this debate.

Yes they are the same. No difference between the two generations.

As far as what Airbag997 said I agree. I've been daily tracking the market and there has been a noticeable increase in pricing since the 992 started getting absurd ADM's tacked on. If you wait another 6-8 months you will be in a better position. Prices have already started to stagnate if you watch BaT, Pcarmarket, and Ebay. I've been tracking the market daily since August looking for one and we seem to be that point where inventory is sitting longer and longer but people aren't ready to budge yet on high prices. Suggest waiting until at least spring when more 992's are delivered and even more inventory comes on the market of the .1 and .2.
I’ve also been tracking the market, and last Aug there was only a hand full is .2s on the market under $195 and nothing under $180. There are now many cars in the $180 range and also a few $170-179. I am also thinking there will be some .1 and .2 owners who make the switch to a GT4 further open up some inventory next year.

Quick Reply: Looking to purchase a GT3 soon and have a few questions.