Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bishwei's Chalk 991.2 GT3 Journal

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2021, 06:03 PM
CYKBC
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

My fav aesthetic mod here is the move from factory rolled tips to the Sharky version in black. Tremendous. Enjoy!
The following users liked this post:
bishwei (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 06:21 PM
md1046swt
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Great read and thanks for sharing. The mods you have done look great!
bishwei (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 08:06 PM
bishwei
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Originally Posted by elgato13
Looks great and happy to see you wrenching on it yourself. I’ve always DIY’ed most things but was wondering if I should do it on my GT3, makes me feel a bit better.
Yeah, I'm the same way. The car is surprisingly easy to work on!

Originally Posted by rhk118
Regarding the RS side skirts did you have to heat gun the rear to get the clips to fit to the GT3 hips, interested in this mod and wondering what I'd be signing up for (if you have pics of the gap would appreciate it)
Also heel-toe'ing any easier with the new pedals or just 'different'? I prefer to "ball of big toe and ball of little toe" it but the stock pedals really don't allow that in this car for me.
I heel toe similarly so I found it easier since these make the gas pedal more of a rectangular shape.

For the side skirts, I did use a heat gun, but it didn't really do much tbh. The side skirt itself has enough give so you can get it to fit the narrow body - the trick is getting it to hold that curve. To do that, I ended up extending two of the rear holes on the RS side skirt so that I could clip them in, which helped close the gap.
Here's a picture of the gap - feel free to message me if you end up doing this and have any questions. Happy to help

Originally Posted by famoruwa
Nice journal bishwei. Was that you at Porsche Fremont yesterday? Saw this exact same car pulled in at Fremont upon dropping by to put in an allocation on the 992 GT3RS with Raj. If so, looking good. Also local here in the SF Bay.
Yup that was my car! Dropped the car off earlier in the week for its three year service. Congrats on the allocation, that's exciting!

rhk118 (01-01-2022)
Old 12-31-2021, 08:41 PM
typehxr1
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bishwei
I've had the pleasure of owning this car for just over a year now and figured it would be a good time to reflect and finally start a journal.

I always regretted not doing this for my previous car, so here we go!

Spec
- Chalk
- 3 pedals
- PCCB
- Leather / Alcantara Interior (Black w/ Platinum Grey Stitching)
- Carbon fiber interior trim
- LWB
- Sport chrono
- Extended tank
- PDLS headlights
- Satin black wheels

Modifications
Engine
- BME Air Filters
- Dundon Long Tube Street Headers
- Dundon Loud Muffler

Exterior
- Acexxon reflector delete
- GT3RS Side Skirts

Interior
- 911R Shift **** in Alcantara
- ClassicFX Seat Inserts (911R material)
- EdGuard LWB Seat Bolster Covers
- Numeric Racing Pedals

After a year, how was brake does with the PCCBs? Also, and as a point of reference for me in the future if you are okay with sharing, what did the full body PPF run you?
Oileater (08-27-2022)
Old 01-01-2022, 02:20 AM
smceo
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 411 Likes on 194 Posts

Nice write up. Hope to see you around the area!

SYSTEM MOTORSPORTS
RAYS / ADVAN / BBS - RETAIL / WHOLESALE
@thomsonsss / @systemmotorsports

bishwei (01-01-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 02:38 AM
homesauce
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 59 Posts

The RS sideskirts look great, and I am also interested in doing this mod. Can you provide more details on which holes and how you extended the holes to get it to fit?
Old 01-05-2022, 02:04 AM
ghost_of_onyx
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

12/2021

Installed some seat covers from Gary at ClassicFX that are made using gem 911r material. Really happy with how these look

Closed out the year by doing some more driving!

Also ran into a matching GT2RS!

Whew, that was a lot of typing. It’s been an amazing first year of ownership - this car is such a blast to drive and every bit as amazing as I thought it would be. I ended up putting 3000 miles on the car over the last year, which means I already drove this more than the previous two owners . Looking forward to putting even more miles on the car next year!

Thanks for taking the time to read, I’ll do my best to keep this updated next year. Happy New Year everyone!

​​​​​​I too picked up a GT3 (new to me) from Porsche Minneapolis this October.....GT silver - would love to meet up sometime as I see you're in the bay area!
bishwei (01-09-2022)
Old 01-09-2022, 12:54 AM
bishwei
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by homesauce
The RS sideskirts look great, and I am also interested in doing this mod. Can you provide more details on which holes and how you extended the holes to get it to fit?
Unfortunately I didn't take many photos during install, but it's very straightforward especially once you line up the RS sideskirt with the narrow body side skirt.

In the following picture, what you want to do is to try and get the clips outlined in red to snap in. Once you do that, you'll then need to extend the holes (outlined in blue) just a tad so that those clips can go.

Old 01-09-2022, 01:05 AM
bishwei
Rennlist Member

1/2022

First drive of the year! It's been raining a ton lately, but luckily was able to have a few clear days to head out for a drive

Also got to wash the car. I bought a pressure washer over Christmas, so was excited to finally get the chance to try it out

Old 08-03-2022, 03:36 AM
bishwei
Rennlist Member

8/2/2022

Wow haven't posted in eight months! Not much to update on the car but have been enjoying driving it whenever I get the chance.

Most recently, the car spent ~a month at Porsche Fremont to address an oil leak and an evap related check engine light. As always, Michelle and the team over at Porsche Fremont took great care of my car - if you're in the bay area and looking for service, definitely don't hesitate to take your car there.

Spotted this beautiful 997 in the showroom while I was picking up my car:

Also saw this 992 in the bay:

The following 5 users liked this post by bishwei:
911Vintage (08-03-2022), Guaji (08-03-2022), jmporsche944 (08-06-2022), Rick GT3 (08-07-2022), Ro_Ja Boy (08-05-2022)
Old 08-05-2022, 09:20 PM
jmporsche944
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 20 Posts

Awesome thread - thanks for sharing updates. We are twins on different ends of California 🍻

It's tough to tell from the picture - but is the 911R houndstooth from Classic FX indeed grey and black? I never pulled the trigger on similar seat inserts as I thought white/black houndstooth would clash with the Chalk exterior. Are you happy with them?
Old 08-06-2022, 01:39 AM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 225 Likes on 146 Posts

Did you keep the Trackspec sear recliners?
Did you find them too leaned back? Been toying with the idea of trying them out.
Old 08-06-2022, 01:59 PM
Aidan Vo
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm in northern California too! hopefully we'll bump into each other sometime. A bunch of porsche guys are heading to Coffee bar tomorrow for the Menlo park car and coffee meet.
Old 08-06-2022, 10:35 PM
bishwei
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jmporsche944
Awesome thread - thanks for sharing updates. We are twins on different ends of California 🍻

It's tough to tell from the picture - but is the 911R houndstooth from Classic FX indeed grey and black? I never pulled the trigger on similar seat inserts as I thought white/black houndstooth would clash with the Chalk exterior. Are you happy with them?
Yeah its grey/black (closer to a silver i think). its a pretty decent match for the silver deviated stitching. i was honestly on the fence as well but after installing them i think they go really well with the car.

here's a picture with a piece of white paper just to get a sense of the contrast (if it helps)

Originally Posted by STALKER99
Did you keep the Trackspec sear recliners?
Did you find them too leaned back? Been toying with the idea of trying them out.
I had them in for ~1000 miles and ended up taking them out. I don't think they're too leaned back but I do prefer the stock position.
If you're interested, I still have them for sale. lmk!

Originally Posted by Aidan Vo
I'm in northern California too! hopefully we'll bump into each other sometime. A bunch of porsche guys are heading to Coffee bar tomorrow for the Menlo park car and coffee meet.
Good to know, thank you! I've been to that meet before (not with my gt3). Hopefully I'll see you around as well
Old 08-09-2022, 08:28 PM
jmporsche944
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah its grey/black (closer to a silver i think). its a pretty decent match for the silver deviated stitching. i was honestly on the fence as well but after installing them i think they go really well with the car.

here's a picture with a piece of white paper just to get a sense of the contrast (if it helps)
BIG thanks for that photo - super helpful. I also have the silver deviating stitching, so I think this will work well

Quick Reply: bishwei's Chalk 991.2 GT3 Journal