Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IPE Exhaust on Stock CATS and Headers (SS vs Ti)

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 10:39 AM
big_willy
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Default IPE Exhaust on Stock CATS and Headers (SS vs Ti)

I'm looking for an exhaust to give me a high pitched note and wondering if anyone has input on the IPE exhaust on stock cats and headers. Videos online I have found don't indicate if it's the full exhaust or just the cat back. Also any insight on stainless steel vs titanium other then the obvious weight savings would be helpful. Do they sound the same? Any droning reported on the IPE exhausts?
Old 06-03-2021, 01:24 PM
hashash
Burning Brakes

Received 213 Likes on 144 Posts

Pls search this has been discussed a million times .

I think if you want the highest pitch
Loud : JCR silenced race or race pipe
medium : IPE
less loud : JCR superlight centre bypass
The following users liked this post:
big_willy (06-03-2021)
Old 06-03-2021, 02:18 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by big_willy
I'm looking for an exhaust to give me a high pitched note and wondering if anyone has input on the IPE exhaust on stock cats and headers. Videos online I have found don't indicate if it's the full exhaust or just the cat back. Also any insight on stainless steel vs titanium other then the obvious weight savings would be helpful. Do they sound the same? Any droning reported on the IPE exhausts?
I will be selling my AWE switchpath system if you are interested PM me
Old 06-04-2021, 12:04 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,528 Likes on 5,055 Posts

Friends don't let friends install iPE products on their cars.
Old 06-04-2021, 11:36 AM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 963 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by big_willy
For a high pitched sound IPE does an incredible job at achieving that with the F1 system. If you pair their muffler with the factory cats and headers it will create a better sound over the factory muffler however I don't believe it will achieve the level of sound that you might want. In my opinion only the full system (headers, cats, and muffler) achieves the ultimate high pitch sound that many crave. The good thing is that these IPE parts can be purchased individually from one another so you can do it step-by-step to see how you like it & installation is relatively simple and straight forward on these cars with access to a lift. If you'd like more info on this unit or any other give me a shout.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
The following users liked this post:
big_willy (06-06-2021)

Quick Reply: IPE Exhaust on Stock CATS and Headers (SS vs Ti)