Sponsored by:

Oil Pressure Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2021, 11:38 AM
shunut
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Pressure Issue

I have a 2014 GT3, ~26,000 miles, I'm running into a weird issue with my oil pressure, and can't find any similar issues. This issue started after a track day, on the way back to the hotel from the track. I noticed at very low speed and RPM, my oil pressure was pegged at 5 bar, this is anything over 35 mph, RPMs were less that 2000. I limped my way back to the hotel, luckily it wasn't far way, and let it sit and rest for a couple hours. I then drove it around a little bit, taking it very easy at first and slowly ramping up the load I was putting on the engine. Everything seemed normal until my final test when I opened it up to full throttle. At full throttle oil pressure seemed normal, but once I backed off, and started driving normally again, the oil pressure stayed at 5 bar and would not back down, unless I was going extremely slow. Oil was changed within the last 500 miles, probably about 2 months ago, and the oil level is good. Any ideas? Faulty sensor? I'm planning on taking it in to Porsche but won't be able to that for a couple weeks, as I'm going out of town tomorrow.

Thanks,
Josh

Quick Reply: Oil Pressure Issue