Sponsored by:

Would you purchase a PEC Atlanta Car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 12:25 PM
ChrisFL
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR82XS
PEC responded to my inquiry and advised that vehicles are sent to Manheim auctions once retired from the centers.
I also got a response but its seemed like its a private auction for Porsche dealer networks only. Probably best to get with the sales manager at a Porsche dealer.
The following users liked this post:
CHALKGT2RS (05-18-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 12:42 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 413 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTB
That is why we buy Porsche, at least they maintain those cars to be driven like they should ....how much of a discount would be reasonable?

the dealer told me that "PCNA will fix any issue with the car, cosmetic or performance like brakes before it is offered for sale"
Not necessarily true. New tires yes. Brakes, maybe not. My Macan Turbo PP was a PECATL vehicle. The brake pads were roasted and the dealership had to replace them. PCNA did not...
CHALKGT2RS (05-18-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 12:56 AM
CDinSing
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 75 Posts

i wouldn’t hesitate at the right price. We got one of the PECATL cars at our local dealer. The dealer spent $20k in new parts (axles, hubs, etc) and CPO’ed the car. A guy I know bought it and the car was outstanding. It was fast and he had no problems with it. He traded it for another RS that was originally purchased by local guy who babied it and only put under 1000 miles on it. That new car was measurably slower than the PECATL car and he hated the performance difference. I know the former COO at PECATL and the cars are driven hard but well maintained, probably better than some privately owned cars.

Last edited by CDinSing; 05-13-2021 at 01:01 AM.
XLR82XS (05-13-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 09:03 AM
KOTB
Banned

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by CDinSing
i wouldn’t hesitate at the right price. We got one of the PECATL cars at our local dealer. The dealer spent $20k in new parts (axles, hubs, etc) and CPO’ed the car. A guy I know bought it and the car was outstanding. It was fast and he had no problems with it. He traded it for another RS that was originally purchased by local guy who babied it and only put under 1000 miles on it. That new car was measurably slower than the PECATL car and he hated the performance difference. I know the former COO at PECATL and the cars are driven hard but well maintained, probably better than some privately owned cars.
This is exactly what I was told by the dealer, once they get the car, they go over it with a fine tooth comb and anything that is needed will be fixed and they will "hit" PCNA for the $$$......

CHALKGT2RS (05-18-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 10:55 AM
ChrisFL
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 49 Posts

This is exactly what I was told by the dealer, once they get the car, they go over it with a fine tooth comb and anything that is needed will be fixed and they will "hit" PCNA for the $$$......
Let us know which one you get. If its from a recent lot of them, there was a chalk, yellow, and guards red. I was in a guards red one and did a few launches in it

a couple of them were "down" due to people not driving them well.....

Last edited by ChrisFL; 05-13-2021 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-13-2021, 11:01 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

sure, why not?

warranty, serviced as well as any cars out there, driven as intended...

though I was told at Barber, these cars go back through the dealer network
Old 05-17-2021, 09:48 AM
KOTB
Banned

Does anyone know if PCNA has any RS model that are executive driven that they may be selling through dealers? I heard that this was also a possibility....
Old 05-17-2021, 07:29 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 413 Likes on 230 Posts

Does anyone know if PCNA has any RS model that are executive driven that they may be selling through dealers? I heard that this was also a possibility....
You would most likely only be able to check through local dealer inventory and do a carfax search to see how the car was titled. PCNA doesn't sell the cars through the dealer, the dealer will acquire them and then sell them with no PCNA action. Wouldn't you just look for an RS if that is what you are interested in? An executive model isn't going to provide you any benefits that I can think of.
Old 05-18-2021, 07:12 AM
CHALKGT2RS
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 41 Posts

Why do you think there would be a performance difference between a private party owned car vs. a PEC car? Just curious! More redlining?
Old 05-24-2021, 06:03 PM
KOTB
Banned

Originally Posted by CHALKGT2RS
Why do you think there would be a performance difference between a private party owned car vs. a PEC car? Just curious! More redlining?
No idea really....
Old 05-24-2021, 11:06 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,739 Likes on 5,126 Posts

Originally Posted by CHALKGT2RS
No idea really....
Probably because a car that is "babied" from birth is like a child who is never allowed to play outside, and then one day leaves the house and suddenly dies, of all things, the common cold.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:51 PM
CHALKGT2RS
Rennlist Member

Talking

Originally Posted by mooty
wife: no
one night stand : yes
how long u keeping it?

for some one night stands are best
Old 05-25-2021, 12:53 PM
CHALKGT2RS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Probably because a car that is "babied" from birth is like a child who is never allowed to play outside, and then one day leaves the house and suddenly dies, of all things, the common cold.

true for the Child case study and probably also applicable to the cars. A lot of garage queens out there that were never driven or challenged and fail miserably when someone tries to drive them after sitting in the garage for 3--4 -- 5 years!
bogey1 (05-25-2021)
Old 05-29-2021, 02:07 AM
rattlsnak
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Friend of mine bought one unknowingly.. He's had it for 3 years and has put @15K miles on it with zero issues.. (he found out the history @2-3 months after he bought it.
Old 05-30-2021, 07:17 PM
KOTB
Banned

Originally Posted by rattlsnak
Friend of mine bought one unknowingly.. He's had it for 3 years and has put @15K miles on it with zero issues.. (he found out the history @2-3 months after he bought it.

how did he find out the history?

any noticeable difference in performance?

Quick Reply: Would you purchase a PEC Atlanta Car?