Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Tint Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 01:15 PM
sbartmess
AutoX

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a white Touring with blue livery stripes on it. I don't like tinted windows, but my dermatologist said the darkening spots on my left side of my face were "Driving Spots". Since both my Dad and Sister have endured Chemo for skin cancer, and we live in dreary Illinois, this got my attention.

I opted for Llumar ceramic film. They have a "70" film with a slightly blue hue to it (not a green one like early Porsche Tint). It's a subtle compliment to my blue livery stripes and its plenty visible inside and out. I can really feel the difference in light intensity reduction on my face, but I can't see the difference.

Caveat Emptor - When they put the film (of any shade level) on your rear window with adefroster, it will look like you've had too much to drink when driving at night looking out your rear view mirror. If you would be driving the car at nights, think about omitting film on the rear.
The following 2 users liked this post by sbartmess:
Perimeter (04-26-2021), usrodeo4 (04-24-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 12:37 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by sbartmess
I have a white Touring with blue livery stripes on it. I don't like tinted windows, but my dermatologist said the darkening spots on my left side of my face were "Driving Spots". Since both my Dad and Sister have endured Chemo for skin cancer, and we live in dreary Illinois, this got my attention.

I opted for Llumar ceramic film. They have a "70" film with a slightly blue hue to it (not a green one like early Porsche Tint). It's a subtle compliment to my blue livery stripes and its plenty visible inside and out. I can really feel the difference in light intensity reduction on my face, but I can't see the difference.

Caveat Emptor - When they put the film (of any shade level) on your rear window with adefroster, it will look like you've had too much to drink when driving at night looking out your rear view mirror. If you would be driving the car at nights, think about omitting film on the rear.
That sounds like a nice setup and yeah here in Florida it certainly helps to have some UV/IR light reduction. As to the rear view mirror, no worries there, as the Weissach Package GT2 RS does not come with a rear window defroster.

Last edited by usrodeo4; 04-24-2021 at 12:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Window Tint Recommendations?