Sponsored by:

Is it the right time to sell?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2021, 02:21 PM
TRACKD
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
We heard this same caution for the 991.2 production and dealers ended up with many waves of allocations.
I would suggest a grain of salt when you hear these words
Be patient, you actually have a great chance as Porsche is building quite a number of these.
This is absolutely correct. I heard from a very good source that initial allocations are limited and dealers will be using the short term supply demand situation to charge the ADM. Later allocations will be much easier to get our peasant hands on. Keep your current car to enjoy at DE events and see what the next 12 to 18 months bring. (I’m struggling to heed my own advice too, but the 991.1 GT3 is still tons of fun around Sebring).
Old 04-11-2021, 03:05 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 673 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
Amen brother...P cars dealers in CA suck besides for Mr Wilson in Fresno
Marin and San Diego both sell at sticker, just long wait list. There’s others as well, I tried to deal with Fresno when I got my gt3rs and that went nowhere. No clue why people are obsessed with Fresno Porsche here. There’s like 25 different dealers in just California, you can find one that is going to be fair.

if I were you I would sell the 991.1 and order a 992
Old 04-11-2021, 04:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,594 Likes on 2,339 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric

Should you sell....No

Old 04-11-2021, 05:15 PM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

Received 510 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
Amen brother...P cars dealers in CA suck besides for Mr Wilson in Fresno
I'm biased because he's my partner in the Throttle Dogs and all.. but I would agree. I buy all my regular cars from him to support getting more allocations for the cool cars.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:44 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 240 Posts

Thank you all for sharing your opinion's and thoughts. I will digest, consider and take to heart as I move forward. The Porsche emphasis on EV, coupled with supply chain issues make the future no less predictable as to allocation and actual price to be paid for the 992 than a crap shoot. Seems that I stand "pat" for the next year at least. As I tried to convey, this was not about $$ in my pocket, but how to leverage the increase in the market price, if possible. In any event, I have a new Taycan on order to keep me interested sometime in June - should help to alleviate the burden of boredom!!.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:47 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
We heard this same caution for the 991.2 production and dealers ended up with many waves of allocations.
I would suggest a grain of salt when you hear these words
Be patient, you actually have a great chance as Porsche is building quite a number of these.
About the caution, my build completion has just been pushed back a week today. It is starting production on the same initial date, but instead of a week to complete, it is now two weeks. I have no clue what is going on, but thankfully this is not a car I need to have immediately.
Old 04-12-2021, 12:21 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I wish I never sold any of my GT3's. Just picture going in the garage and no GT3.

Quick Reply: Is it the right time to sell?