Purchase vs. Lease Preowned - Tell me how you finance

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 09:28 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,384 Likes on 803 Posts

Originally Posted by M&Abanker4life
Admirable to who exactly?
The non yolo folks. You dont agree? No sweat off my back. Finance whatever you like
Old 02-18-2022, 07:30 PM
josephvman
Racer

Received 250 Likes on 129 Posts

Seriously. Which part do you have an issue with? I personally believe if you need 10 or 12 years to finance a toy then you need to re-evaluate your priorities, but YMMV. I've financed cars, as have most of us, but in my opinion, someone stretching a loan that far is doing so to hit a payment. In my experience, payment buyers typically aren't people doing responsible things with their money, but people living above their means. I'd love to hear your opinion of how paying for a toy car for a period of ten years makes financial sense.

Originally Posted by hectorlopez
SERIOUSLY???
Old 02-18-2022, 07:55 PM
hectorlopez
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by josephvman
Seriously. Which part do you have an issue with? I personally believe if you need 10 or 12 years to finance a toy then you need to re-evaluate your priorities, but YMMV. I've financed cars, as have most of us, but in my opinion, someone stretching a loan that far is doing so to hit a payment. In my experience, payment buyers typically aren't people doing responsible things with their money, but people living above their means. I'd love to hear your opinion of how paying for a toy car for a period of ten years makes financial sense.
It was meant to be a joke.
Old 02-18-2022, 08:53 PM
M&Abanker4life
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by josephvman
Depends on what the value of the car will be through the loan. Does the value of GT3s usually go to zero or depreciate like other cars? A "10 year loan" on a CGT, 911R or Touring sure looks interesting in hindsight, doesn't it?
The following users liked this post:
Brainofjjj (08-19-2022)

Quick Reply: Purchase vs. Lease Preowned - Tell me how you finance