Sponsored by:

Touring Owner car insurance question

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 12:35 AM
hiroshikato1
Racer

Received 322 Likes on 173 Posts
Default Touring Owner car insurance question

I have owned my 2019 Touring for almost two years and was asked by friend if I had come to an agreed value for the replacement of my car. I have to admit that even though I have owned three GT3’s prior to this, none of them appreciated during my ownership. Is it something other owners have or are doing? Also, is there any bearing on what would happen if another driver were to hit our car? As in, would the other insurance pay book value and then my insurance pay the delta if the car is totaled?
I have no issues on my driving totaling my own car but I do have issues with someone else causing an accident which causes my car to be totaled.
I apologize if this seems like an idiotic question but I have never had an major accident that was my fault, nor an accident which totaled a car due to someone else’s actions.
Hiro
Old 04-05-2021, 08:03 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

Ask your insrance agent to confirm it is being titled as a GT3 Touring and not a GT3RS.
I received my 2019 GT3 Touring and had to have Porsche NA write a letter as everybody decoded my VIN as a GT3RS. My guess is that Porsche pushed our GT3Ts into 2019 and we overtook spots previously reserved for 2019 GT3RS and the VIN shuffle had not propogated to insurance writers database yet.

I dropped USAA when they refused to accept the Porsche NA letter that this was not the $60k more expensive GT3RS and I was told "we only can use the boxes in the form provided and that is autofilled from the VIN"
These truly are special cars that Porsche made accommodations to produce.

Last edited by Perimeter; 04-05-2021 at 08:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Porsche911GTS'16 (04-05-2021)
Old 04-05-2021, 08:58 PM
itrsteve
Burning Brakes

Received 725 Likes on 401 Posts

Just get a stated value policy. Problem solved.
Old 04-05-2021, 11:39 PM
hiroshikato1
Racer

Received 322 Likes on 173 Posts

I understand that will be agreed upon value for the car but is that only if I crash and total it? Or does also go into force if someone else is at fault and totals my car? I am not worried about me crashing and totaling my car, if that happens, sucks to be me but I will swallow that loss. I am worried about other people rear ending me and totaling my Touring. Again, never really thought about it until recently as replacement value would be considerably higher than what insurance would pay. I will be calling my agent tomorrow but figured I would throw the question out there.

Quick Reply: Touring Owner car insurance question