Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me '18 gt3... question

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 09:31 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

Park the car. Look at the center rear view mirror and pick something, like a tree or car, that is the left-most object you can see in that center rear view mirror. Close one eye at a time to make sure you can see it with both eyes. Now adjust the driver's side exterior mirror so that you can barely see that object in the right-most portion of that mirror. This will adjust that side mirror to point way more to the left than most people are used to, but when you get used to it, you'll like it and not have a blind spot. Be extra careful for the first several hours driving like this.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:47 PM
Rgwirtz
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 63 Posts

Also just in case your GT3 is too low slung to be seen . . .

The following users liked this post:
fijibubba (11-09-2020)
Old 11-09-2020, 10:42 PM
mjdcolo
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Rgwirtz
Also just in case your GT3 is too low slung to be seen . . .

LOL! I may need one of these!
Old 11-09-2020, 11:05 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,529 Likes on 5,056 Posts

Originally Posted by rob944s2
I found these, might be worth looking into...

Talk about ruining the lines of the car ...
Old 11-10-2020, 07:37 AM
Bullitt44
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by BeepBeep88
Took her out this morning for a test drive and I noticed that at speed, with the clutch engaged and the sport button activated, it won't let you rev the engine. After two - three prods of the gas pedal it'll finally let the engine rev out. With the sport button off, the engine will rev freely while at speed and with the clutch in. What's up with that? I'm guessing it has something to do with the auto blip function being on vs off but would love to know the skinny. It's a completely different gear box, but my 18 GTS manual would rev freely in sport plus mode (auto blip) at speed...

As far as the car goes, it's a screamer. I couldn't even get to 8k rpms in third gear without running out of road first. And the handling was lights out. Epic early morning starbucks runs await!

Also, I was surprised to see that LCA was missing from the build at $185k. With the buckets there's very little visibility to check your driver side blind spot when changing into the left lane. It's border line dangerous. Was LCA not offered? I have my suncoast shopping cart filled with goodies, the aspheric blind spot mirror for the driver side being one of them. It's not cheap with adding auto-dimming but it's a must have or am I just getting old?
With "Sport" buton: If you are at a stop and clutch engaged the car will not rev past ~4K as this is the manual launch control. Sport mode also activates "no lift shift", which I wish could be defeated.

Old 11-10-2020, 08:55 AM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,751 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullitt44
With "Sport" buton: If you are at a stop and clutch engaged the car will not rev past ~4K as this is the manual launch control. Sport mode also activates "no lift shift", which I wish could be defeated.
sport mode has nothing to do with no lift shift. You can no lift shift at any time. That’s how it was designed. The sport mode activates the throttle blipping (rev match) function during downshifts.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:26 AM
PorscheFrank
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BeepBeep88
Took her out this morning for a test drive and I noticed that at speed, with the clutch engaged and the sport button activated, it won't let you rev the engine. After two - three prods of the gas pedal it'll finally let the engine rev out. With the sport button off, the engine will rev freely while at speed and with the clutch in. What's up with that? I'm guessing it has something to do with the auto blip function being on vs off but would love to know the skinny. It's a completely different gear box, but my 18 GTS manual would rev freely in sport plus mode (auto blip) at speed...

As far as the car goes, it's a screamer. I couldn't even get to 8k rpms in third gear without running out of road first. And the handling was lights out. Epic early morning starbucks runs await!

Also, I was surprised to see that LCA was missing from the build at $185k. With the buckets there's very little visibility to check your driver side blind spot when changing into the left lane. It's border line dangerous. Was LCA not offered? I have my suncoast shopping cart filled with goodies, the aspheric blind spot mirror for the driver side being one of them. It's not cheap with adding auto-dimming but it's a must have or am I just getting old?
hey congrats on the car by the way what color is your GT3?

Quick Reply: New to me '18 gt3... question