Sponsored by:

GT3 Bucket Seats and Golf Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 12:41 PM
NelsonF
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
I realize that putting the clubs in the front seat is no issue. I do it in my Pista and 720 all the time. I was just wondering with the buckets, can you fit them in the back so you can have a passenger in the front seat? If not with the buckets, with the 18 or 4 way?
Yes, Its possible to fit a regular bag in the bag with the buckets-barely, just move the front seat up appropriately. However, gotta be careful of scratching the carbon backed buckets-use a towel to prevent contact. You may need to remove your driver from the bag. For this reason, I typically just use the front passenger seat for my bag.

Last edited by NelsonF; 10-11-2020 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-11-2020, 12:45 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,266 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by NelsonF
Yes, Its possible to fit a regular bag in the bag with the buckets-barely, just move the front seat up appropriately. However, gotta be careful of scratching the carbon backed buckets-use a towel to prevent contact. You may need to remove your driver from the bag. For this reason, I typically just use the front passenger seat for my bag.
I need to go find a car to check. Can some take a pic of the passenger bucket seat moved all the way forward- how much room there is?

No rush however as the entire car search has been put on hold for a bit as my wife just decided that she wants to put an offer in on a beach house. Have to see how that plays out before pulling the trigger.
Old 10-11-2020, 03:25 PM
928cs
Race Car

Received 543 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Holdens
why couldn’t we get folding buckets...
Because they don't have the height adjustment which is mandatory in the USA, now.
Old 10-11-2020, 04:00 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 326 Posts

Is that the new 2021 GT3? If not, have no clue what this has to do with the thread or the question asked.
JS...this or my F150 Fx4 is my golf club with wifey and/or the boy hauler. Trying to put clubs, especially two sets, in the back of a LWB car is pretty much folly, and besides anyone who owns a GT car has the wherewithal to own another vehicle better suited for the task. On top of all that, having played golf since I was a young man I for one am not real keen on taking my GT car to a place where hard urethane ***** that travel at over 100 MPH are in use by people who a large portion of have no idea where their ball is going on any given swing

Last edited by usrodeo4; 10-11-2020 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-11-2020, 04:11 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usrodeo4
JS...this or my F150 Fx4 is my golf club with wifey and/or the boy hauler. Trying to put clubs, especially two sets, in the back of a LWB car is pretty much folly, and besides anyone who owns a GT car has the wherewithal to own another vehicle better suited for the task. On top of all that, having played golf since I was a young man I for one am not real keen on taking my GT car to a place where hard urethane ***** that travel at over 100 MPH are in use by people who a large portion of have no idea where their ball is going on any given swing
Unfortunately I can only afford one car and am saving every penny for the GT car.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:37 PM
Porsche444
Rennlist Member

Received 549 Likes on 269 Posts

I wasn't playing golf back when I had my Touring and RS and therefore never had a reason to get access to the back. However, regularly playing golf and with all my other cars I put the clubs in the front seat. This is fine when Im solo but it precludes me from taking my wife in one of those cars to the course. Are you able to move the bucket seats out of the way to slide a set of golf clubs in the back? Or is that only possible with the 18 way or 4 way seats? TIA.
if you have a passenger, just strap them to roof and make em hold his/her bag, so technically 2 people and 2 bags can fit. Tell passenger not to open mouth while driving. 😜🤪😝

Last edited by Porsche444; 10-14-2020 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:03 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,527 Likes on 5,055 Posts

Originally Posted by pimpinon
With buckets, put towels on the rear shelf and backseat area. Take all the clubs with head covers out of of the bags. Push one seat all the way forward and the other all the way back. Slip the carry bags between the seats with the iron heads on the rear shelf and the bag on its side with the bottom of the bag on the rear seat so it won’t slide around. Put all clubs with head covers between the bags.

Make sure all pockets are zippered shut, *****, tees, coins will fall out.
Originally Posted by NelsonF
Pictures or it didn't happen.

Old 10-15-2020, 10:01 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 759 Likes on 386 Posts

Unfortunately I can only afford one car and am saving every penny for the GT car.
Definitely easier with sofa seats, but 2 normal sized bags fit in the back easy and like others said, you have to pull the woods out of the bags. I see a 992 Touring with Sofas in your future.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:50 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,751 Likes on 720 Posts

Tested this out as I’m playing down in Newport this weekend and rolling with a buddy. It’s definitely doable. Driver seat full forward passenger seat all the way back. I have a decent size stand bag as you can see in the pic. Put bottom of bag in first then top. You have to remove woods. Might want to add blanket and a couple pillows or something because the bag will tilt a$$ up from weight of irons. Couple pillows should do the trick. You’re welcky 😏

sorry for crappy pics. Low light in garage and before someone asks. The crease in seat back is from child seat I just took out to take a pic. It goes away. 😬

Last edited by Jbravo23; 10-16-2020 at 12:08 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jbravo23:
1971hss (03-12-2021), Porsche444 (10-15-2020)
Old 10-16-2020, 03:27 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
Tested this out as I’m playing down in Newport this weekend and rolling with a buddy. It’s definitely doable. Driver seat full forward passenger seat all the way back. I have a decent size stand bag as you can see in the pic. Put bottom of bag in first then top. You have to remove woods. Might want to add blanket and a couple pillows or something because the bag will tilt a$$ up from weight of irons. Couple pillows should do the trick. You’re welcky 😏

sorry for crappy pics. Low light in garage and before someone asks. The crease in seat back is from child seat I just took out to take a pic. It goes away. 😬

ok- pausing on the golf clubs to admire your seats!
Old 05-01-2021, 03:15 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 161 Posts

Good thing I saw this before I posted my own thread.

And the below seats are sweeeet! Makes me go for the LWBS for a GT3T.

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
Old 05-01-2021, 04:26 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,751 Likes on 720 Posts

ok- pausing on the golf clubs to admire your seats!
thank you. P1 designs. Kim’s the best.

Originally Posted by direkallan
Good thing I saw this before I posted my own thread.

And the below seats are sweeeet! Makes me go for the LWBS for a GT3T.
thanks. Added a proper golf cart to the stable. Much easier to load and I can still get there fast!

Old 07-26-2021, 12:32 AM
touringGT3
Pro

Reviving this thread again. Asking if anyone can kindly post pictures of the golf bag in the front seat. Also, to anyone who does this often, how is your front seat holding up? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:17 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by direkallan
Reviving this thread again. Asking if anyone can kindly post pictures of the golf bag in the front seat. Also, to anyone who does this often, how is your front seat holding up? Thanks in advance.
I put my bag in the front seat of my GT4 with buckets all the time. If you’re careful in and out it’s no problem and no wear at all. The bottom of the bag sits in the floor well and the bag only touches the seat along the front edge of the seat.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:06 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I put my bag in the front seat of my GT4 with buckets all the time. If you’re careful in and out it’s no problem and no wear at all. The bottom of the bag sits in the floor well and the bag only touches the seat along the front edge of the seat.
Good to hear. Thanks!

Quick Reply: GT3 Bucket Seats and Golf Clubs