Sponsored by:

Fabspeed CF Tips Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 05:23 PM
Zach Bailey
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fabspeed CF Tips Issue

Has anyone else had similar issues with their exhaust tips from Fabspeed?

Old 09-28-2020, 07:36 PM
JesseRohr
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 108 Posts

I bought a car that had those tips once. They were in worse shape. All delaminated and discolored. Put a factory setup on that car to sell it.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:05 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 217 Posts

That is poor quality. Ouch.
I bet it drones too.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:08 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,030 Likes on 5,242 Posts

Another reason not to buy Fabspeed.
The following users liked this post:
Domer911 (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 01:11 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,061 Likes on 547 Posts

Poor engineering.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:47 AM
hashash
Burning Brakes

Received 221 Likes on 147 Posts

lol !
i never dealt with them , but contact them i am sure they will change it out .good luck !
Fabspeed Motorsport (09-30-2020)
Old 09-30-2020, 11:25 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 689 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by Zach Bailey
Has anyone else had similar issues with their exhaust tips from Fabspeed?

Hey Zach, I tried reaching out to you in another thread. We are always here to help out with systems that are having issues. Feel free to contact me directly or send pictures to Service@fabspeed.com and we can get you taken care of ASAP! We have actually updated this setup about a year ago! Thanks again for your patience!

Old 11-25-2020, 01:04 PM
Zach Bailey
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Update

So, after 2 months of back and forth, and a $400 install bill (pipe cutting, alignment and flange cutting- rattle), the tips are finally on. This process took way too long and the shop had to end up cutting pipes and putting on the ball joint tips onto the straight pipe to make the new tips align. We are worried that these May ultimately fall off due to the misaligned styles.

Fabspeed ended up giving me a 10% discount on the new tips and now they are running a 20% discount for the holiday. FAIL

My setup is their original “prototype” build which is understandable that their new tips are not a direct fit. This was never made clear to me and I would have went another route with the tips as I prefer the GMG matte black style best.

Summary- sounds great, looks good, but service and resolution time -

No bueno.
Old 11-25-2020, 01:35 PM
JesseRohr
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 108 Posts
Red face

So, after 2 months of back and forth, and a $400 install bill (pipe cutting, alignment and flange cutting- rattle), the tips are finally on. This process took way too long and the shop had to end up cutting pipes and putting on the ball joint tips onto the straight pipe to make the new tips align. We are worried that these May ultimately fall off due to the misaligned styles.

Fabspeed ended up giving me a 10% discount on the new tips and now they are running a 20% discount for the holiday. FAIL

My setup is their original “prototype” build which is understandable that their new tips are not a direct fit. This was never made clear to me and I would have went another route with the tips as I prefer the GMG matte black style best.

No bueno.
Wow, why even bother posting in your thread if they didn’t plan to make you whole?! Makes it looks even worse for their support.
AnthonyGan (11-25-2020)
Old 11-25-2020, 03:50 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 956 Posts

No bueno.
I dont understand. Why/how would you need to cut pipes to address something like this? Every exhaust tip I dealt with in any brand had their tips bolt on using either band clamps or bolts/nuts. Why would you go these extra lengths to address something like this, wouldnt it be better to just remove this system completely, send it back to the manufacturer and buy a new full system at a substantial discount?
Old 11-25-2020, 05:27 PM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 78 Posts

fabspeed sucks!!!! period (fought with them over some parts for my old GT4, and will not even consider any of their stuff again). their customer service is horrible, plain and simple. sounds like you got treatment that is par for the course..

Quick Reply: Fabspeed CF Tips Issue