991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.1 Carbon Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2020 | 08:10 AM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

How big a job was getting the front wing louvres fitted ?
Old 12-03-2020 | 03:42 AM
goldberg
Racer

I did it myself.
Taking the front fenders off isnt too hard.
Bumper Bar Off
Headlights out
Wheels off
Fenders off.

Removing the OEM louvers was a pain. Got there in the end. Takes about 10 mins per side.
Used a dremel to "cut them out", then again used the dremel to clean it up.

From the factory, they are glued / bonded / whatever to the CF Fenders. There is no "nice" way to remove them, but i did a very good job. Just gotta take your time.
The first side took me maybe 20 mins, as i was going slow etc, but the 2nd side was like 5- 10 mins.

Then used panel bond to put the new ones in. Clamped & taped them down. Let it set overnight, then installed everything back on the car.

Any specific questions, feel free to post here
Old 04-03-2024 | 03:04 AM
dash267
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by goldberg
I did it myself.
Taking the front fenders off isnt too hard.
Bumper Bar Off
Headlights out
Wheels off
Fenders off.

Removing the OEM louvers was a pain. Got there in the end. Takes about 10 mins per side.
Used a dremel to "cut them out", then again used the dremel to clean it up.

From the factory, they are glued / bonded / whatever to the CF Fenders. There is no "nice" way to remove them, but i did a very good job. Just gotta take your time.
The first side took me maybe 20 mins, as i was going slow etc, but the 2nd side was like 5- 10 mins.

Then used panel bond to put the new ones in. Clamped & taped them down. Let it set overnight, then installed everything back on the car.

Any specific questions, feel free to post here
Reviving the old thread haha, hi! I was looking for sforza carbon stuff for porsche and came across this. If you don’t mind me asking, how was the fitment and finish from the sforza? Did the carbon weave pattern match identically to the Porsche 2x2 on wing of exposed hood carbon? Thanks tons!

Quick Reply: 991.1 Carbon Upgrades