Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 05:55 PM
Aku700
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default ARMYTRIX exhaust?

Anyone familiar with this system?
https://www.armytrix.com/product/porsche-911-gt3-rs/ti

I'm looking to buy .2 and has this bypass, I'm familiar with the standard ones like gmg, shark, soul, but armytrix?

Old 09-08-2020, 01:00 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 213 Likes on 184 Posts

Are there any questions you have about this exhaust that we can answer? We've sold plenty of Armytrix systems.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Old 09-08-2020, 01:04 PM
Aku700
Instructor

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Are there any questions you have about this exhaust that we can answer? We've sold plenty of Armytrix systems.

-Josh
Oh, cool, ya, thx, let me know what's the deal with this system? What's good, whats bad? I saw its about $5k? So its more expensive vs gmg, gtp, etc, but why? Also, is it california emissions compliant?
Old 09-08-2020, 03:28 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 213 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Aku700
Oh, cool, ya, thx, let me know what's the deal with this system? What's good, whats bad? I saw its about $5k? So its more expensive vs gmg, gtp, etc, but why? Also, is it california emissions compliant?
Hey,

Depending on which tip system you choose it comes out to about $4700 MSRP. It is more pricey because its a "brand name" type of exhaust, its popular among the car community for lot of Youtubers and influencers running their system. Also it has valves to open and close ( be loud /quiet where other exhausts don't) I believe this system is not carb compliant as it replaces the factory cats.

-Josh
Old 09-08-2020, 03:36 PM
Aku700
Instructor

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Hey,

Depending on which tip system you choose it comes out to about $4700 MSRP. It is more pricey because its a "brand name" type of exhaust, its popular among the car community for lot of Youtubers and influencers running their system. Also it has valves to open and close ( be loud /quiet where other exhausts don't) I believe this system is not carb compliant as it replaces the factory cats.

-Josh
Josh, really appreciate the info, because if it doesn't pass California smog, i will pass on this car, unless you have any suggestions?
Old 09-08-2020, 05:19 PM
AhsanU
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't think there's much of a reason to spend money on an Armytrix exhaust when manufacturers like @Jamie@dundonmotorsports, @Soul Performance, @JCR-Porsche, @gmgracing, etc. exist. Armytrix, to me, is the brand that endorses YouTubers and have generally overall lower quality products, and spends more of their money on marketing than actual R&D. It feels, dare I say it, like the juvenile option to an otherwise polished list of exhaust manufacturers with a good reputation and solid products found on these forums.

I am ignorant to California laws and how they work, but I'm sure an actual representative of the aforementioned manufacturers would be more than happy to supply you with an alternative to Armytrix.

And in regards to valves - there are plenty of aftermarket options that retain valve function. I have no clue where the claim that many other exhausts don't have valve functionality - there's usually an option to have it. JCR's race pipe can be purchased with valves or without; Soul's modular system has a valve option, Dundon's full long tube headers system can go into their lifetime center muffler and retain the valves, and so forth.

I suppose my point isn't "don't buy Armytrix" as much as "why buy Armytrix when there are better products at a similar price". Just my $.02

Last edited by AhsanU; 09-08-2020 at 05:20 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by AhsanU:
AdamSanta85 (09-09-2020), gmgracing (09-08-2020), zac5 (09-09-2020)
Old 09-08-2020, 05:23 PM
Aku700
Instructor

Originally Posted by AhsanU
I don't think there's much of a reason to spend money on an Armytrix exhaust when manufacturers like @Jamie@dundonmotorsports, @Soul Performance, @JCR-Porsche, @gmgracing, etc. exist. Armytrix, to me, is the brand that endorses YouTubers and have generally overall lower quality products, and spends more of their money on marketing than actual R&D. It feels, dare I say it, like the juvenile option to an otherwise polished list of exhaust manufacturers with a good reputation and solid products found on these forums.

I am ignorant to California laws and how they work, but I'm sure an actual representative of the aforementioned manufacturers would be more than happy to supply you with an alternative to Armytrix.

And in regards to valves - there are plenty of aftermarket options that retain valve function. I have no clue where the claim that many other exhausts don't have valve functionality - there's usually an option to have it. JCR's race pipe can be purchased with valves or without; Soul's modular system has a valve option, Dundon's full long tube headers system can go into their lifetime center muffler and retain the valves, and so forth.

I suppose my point isn't "don't buy Armytrix" as much as "why buy Armytrix when there are better products at a similar price". Just my $.02
Yes, i would agree with you, wish the car had GMG, Shark, GRP, etc on it, but sadly this car has armytrix on it. And so far, i cant get a hold of armytrix, i sent email, i dm on instagram, no reply, so ya, not good service. When i called GMG, they picked up and i chatted with them, simply enough. Customer service is everything.
The following users liked this post:
gmgracing (09-08-2020)
Old 09-08-2020, 05:32 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 450 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Aku700
Yes, i would agree with you, wish the car had GMG, Shark, GRP, etc on it, but sadly this car has armytrix on it. And so far, i cant get a hold of armytrix, i sent email, i dm on instagram, no reply, so ya, not good service. When i called GMG, they picked up and i chatted with them, simply enough. Customer service is everything.
Thank you for reaching out, and great chatting with you! Don’t hesitate to give us a call if you need anything!

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 09-08-2020, 05:41 PM
RENN GTS
Rennlist Member

Received 209 Likes on 122 Posts

Literally the last exhaust system I would ever put on a GT3. Unless you have 1,000,000 youtube followers
Old 09-09-2020, 12:01 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,026 Likes on 5,240 Posts

Originally Posted by RENN GTS
Literally the last exhaust system I would ever put on a GT3. Unless you have 1,000,000 youtube followers
Even ahead of iPE?
Old 09-09-2020, 12:08 AM
Zubehor
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 42 Posts

I think everyone is missing the point hes looking at a car with this exhaust already installed. Its OK and if you don't like it, it can very easily be removed/replaced (ill trade you my stock exhaust for it lol haha), if you like the car this shouldn't be the deciding factor.
Its also just a catback so your stock cats are still there so youre good with CA smog.

Last edited by Zubehor; 09-09-2020 at 12:10 AM.

Quick Reply: ARMYTRIX exhaust?