Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with PCCB’s, what brake pads are you using for street/track use?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 08:16 PM
AllAboutThatP
Burning Brakes

Received 557 Likes on 278 Posts
Default Those with PCCB’s, what brake pads are you using for street/track use?

My GT3RS has the stock rotors and pads. I’m doing a track day in a few weeks and wondering what others are using and trying to decide what route I want to take.

I’m not necessarily afraid to wear out the PCCB rotors as I would probably just replace with surface transforms when that happened. If I go that route, what pads would you recommend I use with the PCCB rotors that would give both good track and street performance?

On the other hand, if I decide to go with aftermarket brakes, what would give me equal, if not better performance? The PFC system looks nice and is one I was looking at.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:01 PM
johnsopa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 148 Posts

Stock pads work great with PCCBs. No reason to try anything else.

I also would say just run the PCCBs unless you are running ten days a year or more and/or you are not a smooth driver and the nanny lights are coming on all the time.

Even then the PCCBs would be hard to give up
The following 2 users liked this post by johnsopa:
kart driver (08-27-2020), Mthrice (10-08-2023)
Old 08-22-2020, 01:48 AM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 115 Posts

Use only the Pagid RSC1 pads or you will toast your rotors and overheat your ceramic caliper pucks.
The following users liked this post:
Perimeter (08-23-2020)
Old 08-22-2020, 05:44 AM
RS Clubsport
Pro

Received 346 Likes on 99 Posts

I've been using Endless pads for 5-6 years on my Carrera GT and also 991.1RS and more recently 991.2 GT3 Touring.

For anyone that tracks the cars, these are a far better solution to OEM. Not only are they less harmful to the PCCB rotor, but they last way, way longer without any tapering of the pad. I've done 20 track days on a set. Much better pedal feel (firmer) easier modulation, no downside apart from the price! From Endless :

CCD-A

FOR CCM DISCS
OEM Brake pads for Carbon ceramic discs has been deemed to have certain weakpoints in pad wear and temperature resistance. The CCD-A was born from the CCD-R, and can be used for both street and circuit use. This pad has good heat resistance, pad wear, anti-fade characteristics and pedal feeling. This pad requires the use of OEM anti-noise shims.

https://endless-brake.info/products/...for-ccm-discs/
Old 08-22-2020, 12:09 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by RS Clubsport
I've been using Endless pads for 5-6 years on my Carrera GT and also 991.1RS and more recently 991.2 GT3 Touring.

For anyone that tracks the cars, these are a far better solution to OEM. Not only are they less harmful to the PCCB rotor, but they last way, way longer without any tapering of the pad. I've done 20 track days on a set. Much better pedal feel (firmer) easier modulation, no downside apart from the price! From Endless :

CCD-A

FOR CCM DISCS
OEM Brake pads for Carbon ceramic discs has been deemed to have certain weakpoints in pad wear and temperature resistance. The CCD-A was born from the CCD-R, and can be used for both street and circuit use. This pad has good heat resistance, pad wear, anti-fade characteristics and pedal feeling. This pad requires the use of OEM anti-noise shims.

thanks very informative. So you running the CCD-A pad?

Old 08-22-2020, 01:45 PM
SterlingatBOM
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 72 Posts

CCD-A

FOR CCM DISCS

Where do you find the CCD-A pads? I can’t find them for sale online. I can get the Pagids though.
Old 08-22-2020, 02:18 PM
AllAboutThatP
Burning Brakes

Received 557 Likes on 278 Posts

I see Northstar Motorsports carries endless pads. I may give them a call.

I don’t see CCD-A specifically listed. They list a bunch of different compounds and not sure what to pick.

https://www.northstarmotorsports.com...ing+Brake+Pads

Last edited by AllAboutThatP; 08-22-2020 at 02:20 PM.
usrodeo4 (08-22-2020)
Old 08-22-2020, 03:14 PM
RS Clubsport
Pro

Originally Posted by neurotic
thanks very informative. So you running the CCD-A pad?
On both 991.2 GT3 Touring and prior to that 991.1 GT3RS, and the predecessor to CCD-A on my CGT.

CCD-A is what Endless suggest for ceramic rotors for street and track use.
neurotic (08-22-2020)
Old 08-22-2020, 06:16 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 326 Posts

CCD-A

FOR CCM DISCS

Do you know if they have any American distributors? Edit: Spoke to John at Northstar who told me he would have to call Endless in Cali to see if they have any imported and available for the 991.2 RS, supposed to call me back Monday.

Last edited by usrodeo4; 08-22-2020 at 06:33 PM.
SterlingatBOM (08-22-2020)
Old 08-22-2020, 09:02 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 954 Posts

Anyone know what pads Manthey supplies with their MR kit?
Old 08-23-2020, 04:14 AM
RS Clubsport
Pro

Originally Posted by Nizer
Anyone know what pads Manthey supplies with their MR kit?
They are made by Pagid don’t know more than that.

Also worth noting on the Endless in the UK at least the distributor offers 20% discount on RRP.
usrodeo4 (08-23-2020)
Old 08-27-2020, 03:20 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Looks like this place has the Endless pads
https://www.northstarmotorsports.com...ing+Brake+Pads
https://www.northstarmotorsports.com...roductID/10252
https://www.northstarmotorsports.com...roductID/10249

It's $1900 for a full set! That is double the price of the OEM pads. How much longer do they last, and how much easier are they on the rotors?
Old 10-07-2023, 05:27 PM
BermHopper
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usrodeo4
Do you know if they have any American distributors? Edit: Spoke to John at Northstar who told me he would have to call Endless in Cali to see if they have any imported and available for the 991.2 RS, supposed to call me back Monday.
@SpeedFreaksUSA is a master distributor (reply is mostly via PM). Sponsor here for nearly a decade, mostly on the technical side for answering questions. Each chassis since the 997 is actually at the facility and product is tested by staff (you should visit the facility in Illinois at some point... it's wall to wall 60k square feet of every car, every generation formatted into track use).

Quick Reply: Those with PCCB’s, what brake pads are you using for street/track use?