Redlinerobert
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 119 Posts

Great looking car. Congratulations!
Old 09-01-2020, 11:26 AM
bli8
Rennlist Member

Received 218 Likes on 119 Posts

38D please give us a ride comparison between the ACR and the 2RS once you have some seat time in the 2RS.
Old 09-01-2020, 07:34 PM
customryder
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Was the Viper tracked or garage queen? any issues with the car? Any problems with the car ever?
thanks,
Jeff
Old 09-01-2020, 08:42 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 797 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
Was the Viper tracked or garage queen? any issues with the car? Any problems with the car ever?
thanks,
Jeff
I tracked it I think 4 times total. The only problem I had was when I first got the car, there was a weird check engine light issue. They replaced the passenger a seat harness and was fine even since. Car was always rock solid.
Old 09-03-2020, 02:54 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts

Wow! That’s stunning! Congrats!

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 09-04-2020, 07:47 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by RSUV
The video above is fantastic and does give a real insight into what the 2RS is like at speed. I’m not a driver at that level but I have tracked and owned lots of GT cars and Ferraris so can perhaps add something to the conversation (actually drove our Pista spider at Donington today - first time tracking the Pista and it’s absolutely brilliant).

Recently swapped a 991.2 GT3RS for a 2RS. Took it to Silverstone (never driven either car or track before) and I only began to scratch the surface by the end of the day. Learning a car and a track that both take some working out, at the same time, slows progress a bit. I looked at the video of my last track day, the 3RS, and I reckon I was no quicker in the 2RS. That’s not to say the 2RS is slower, it most definitely isn’t, it’s just that on an unfamiliar track it’s hard to extract the lap time the extra power can give you. The braking points all get messed up because you are approaching turns 10 to 20 mph faster. So you have to brake earlier - heavier car, faster speed, same brakes. And then if the car is not settled as you enter the turn, you will not be quicker. I have read from others that you need to adapt your driving style to get the most out of it. Sounds right. The great thing about it though, is that you have the 3RS’s aero, balance and grip but with loads more torque and power. The power can get you out of a hole that it probably helped put you in! If you get the entry wrong and end up with a slower corner speed, easily solved. And you know that when you get it right, it will take a very fast driver or very fast car to get away from you.

The 2RS is very quick. It’s Pista quick, maybe the Pista feels slightly quicker but it’s very close. I think the Pista is a bit more linear in its delivery and definitely friendlier on track - it’s a car you can get on track and get lap times down quickly with. I love it. Might be that I have a lot more experience driving Ferrari V8s on track but whatever it is, they give me confidence quicker than the GT cars. The 3RS is pretty close though, just a lot more effort to get going quickly since you need the engine screaming to get real performance from it. The two turbo cars have performance everywhere and when you really go for it, they are borderline insane for the road. I’m not normally one to think that way but full throttle for more than 5 seconds generates speeds that are beyond reasonable, even for very fast, competent drivers, on clear roads with no one around, except on the autobahn.

Neither car has that ‘electric torque’ feeling though. Electric cars deliver maximum torque from zero, usually through 4wd traction. The 2RS and Pista, and it will be true of the 765 too, use engines where the torque delivery is mapped to give an increasing amount of power with engine speed increases and 2wd traction. That feeling in the pit of your stomach comes at much higher speeds than with, say, a Taycan Turbo.

Should you (or anyone) buy a 2RS? It is absolutely unique in the motoring world. It’s different to a Pista, very different to a Turbo S and not easy to work out. A friend of mine once bought an Aventador, thinking it was a car to tame. He was right, but he hated it. The effort in taming it was only rewarded by knowing you could do it. The effort you give to taming the 2RS makes you faster, better. I think it is going to be brilliant on the track. It’s already better (for me) on the road since the turbos make the performance so plentiful that you can get back up to speed quickly after you have had to slow.
Great post. I have not driven gt2RS but Pista on track (road atlanta) and it really impressed. It's almost Hypercar LaF fast the way it accelerates, very neutral handling, allows you to keep going progressively faster... then drive home with ease and use daily. Amazing machine... too damn expensive though for track use
Old 09-04-2020, 09:42 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,476 Likes on 792 Posts

Originally Posted by A/S
The 991 GT2RS is the best street car I have driven on a racetrack. I lapped Palm Beach Intl Raceway faster than any other car I have driven there (most McLaren, Audi, Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, etc.), except two of my cars on Hoosier (a 991.1 GT3RS and a 991.1 Turbo S).

It sounds nice inside, not CGT nice, not GT3 nice, but the linear and brutal acceleration out of turns moves the emotional factor of corner exit to such a level, that you forget about sounds, and it is more about sensations. It needs slicks, the Cup2 on this car are useless.
So which do you think would be faster at Sebring/Daytona a 720s or gt2rs?
Old 09-04-2020, 06:01 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 286 Likes on 131 Posts

^^^Assuming equal tires grip between both cars (call them slicks, hoosiers, Kumho-ACR or Cup2R that both can run), Daytona should favor the 720S (low downforce and long full throttle sections), Sebring should favor the GT2RS (due to T1, Bishop's bend, and the slow turn exits that favor any 991).

These two cars are too close in lap times when equipped with optimum track tires.

Old 09-04-2020, 07:00 PM
customryder
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

How does that gt2rs look in the sun? anything like stryker purple?
Old 09-08-2020, 12:06 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 797 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
How does that gt2rs look in the sun? anything like stryker purple?
it’s not at all like Stryker purple which is much, much brighter in all lighting conditions. It’s more like a Smokey purple. Viola metallic is the closest to Stryker purple in the pcar world, but nothing is like Stryker to be honest.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:09 PM
jp884
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 179 Posts

Nice move, congrats!
Old 09-10-2020, 09:53 AM
goldberg
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

That colour is off the charts. One of my FAVS!

Quick Reply: Bye bye ACR, hello 2RS!