Sponsored by:

Dundon Loud Muffler - Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 09:13 PM
hashash
Burning Brakes

Received 213 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Atlas911TT
Does anyone here have the Crack Pipe with OEM headers????

If so please chime in on how this sounds in comparison to the JCR race pipe.
my guess is that it will be similar in loudness
Old 08-21-2020, 11:53 AM
bulldog_YYC
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

I just got the catted street headers and loud muffler installed. I only had about 45 mins of seat time post install but the change from stock is material and incredible. The car should have come from the factory this way.

Power - the gutless low to mid range feeling in the stock .1RS without PDK sport is eliminated. With PDK sport on, its like a different vehicle in the low to mid range. Having additional power was one of the reasons I went with the Dundon setup, in addition to the quality of the parts. Install was relatively easy and the techs commented on the superior fit and finish of the parts, including the weight savings that help. The car's performance is noticeably better and feels like there is much less resistance revving up across the range. I understand that it takes a tank of fuel for the ECU/car to fully adapt to the new exhaust and performance continues to improve until then.

Sound - incredible. The stock .1RS has the looks, performance but IMO, one area it lacked severely was the exotic car sound (unless you were letting it scream at 7-8k RPM range). This setup has changed the sound completely. I haven't heard the cold start but warm start sounded as it should, deep/heavy but still refined to fit with the profile of the car. With some limited urban, highway (in traffic) driving, the exhaust sounds great with exhaust button on. I havent tested with button off yet, but wanted to ensure that the car could still play somewhat civilized without exhaust button on. The sound is much louder in the cabin, as it should be for a performance vehicle. Low end sound is great - muscle car like (knowing you dont have a big v8) and high end/rpm range, very exotic sounding; a great combination. Hard to not pull the paddles back and free rev while waiting at lights etc.

Service - 10/10. Jamie is always available and responds to emails quickly. I counted >40 emails exchanged during our communications from ordering to delivery. Being OCD, engineering background and now in finance (similar to typical RL profile I suppose), I tend to ask alot of questions and like having good dialog with service providers. Jamie was able to accommodate all of the interaction on a timely basis and had good replies. Dundon is so popular that they are running full out and that means some parts may take longer to arrive to their facility etc (particularly due to COVID) - so if they have your parts in stock/on hand, order now before they sell out!!

Cost - these are the most expensive upgrades I have ever put on a vehicle. With the C$, it hurts even more! But worth every penny in my view. These are thoroughly researched and well designed parts, made in the USA with high quality materials and experienced/trusted technical staff and management. Everyone works hard for their dollars and I feel proud to support such a great business initiative and hope the team continues their development/progress for our vehicles. As entrepreneurs, the Dundon team deserves the accolades and cash in their jeans for the product and service they offer.

Future - will be looking at other Dundon parts, inc. intake/TB (intake runners are in development) and potentially a ECU tune. I like the shadow ECU solution they have with m-engineering (was a big Cobb fan back in the day and had both my 335 and x6 FBO tuned by them) to stay onside with warranty. While these bolt ons dont need a tune, we all know that a tune is required to 'pull everything together' so things are running optimized and safe.

Will update as I get more seat time with the car (currently waiting on some parts for a warranty repair) so has been "resting" in the garage.

Last edited by bulldog_YYC; 08-21-2020 at 12:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Jamie@dundonmotorsports (08-22-2020)
Old 08-21-2020, 12:49 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,751 Likes on 720 Posts

Patience is a virtue. After a long wait finally received my loud muffler last week to pair with the street headers. To reiterate what everyone else has been saying, the sound is incredible. The car is complete. there’s literally nothing else I’d want to do to it, perfect in my book. Build quality is top notch. I see why it’s called the lifetime center. Also love the 4” tips as I always wanted to keep oem look but have a larger diameter. They nailed it.

The following 4 users liked this post by Jbravo23:
bogey1 (08-22-2020), bulldog_YYC (08-21-2020), Holdens (08-21-2020), Jamie@dundonmotorsports (08-22-2020)
Old 08-30-2020, 11:10 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 368 Likes on 204 Posts

Thanks for the love fellas...
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports

Quick Reply: Dundon Loud Muffler - Review