991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To buy or not to buy from Penske

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2020 | 03:40 PM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Porsche Marin has always been my go to. I got my 991.2 GT3 at MSRP brand new (got an allocation) and I wasn't a previous buyer there, it was my first Porsche!! Talk to Andrew Proaps, he is awesome! I think they have a Speedster there.
Old 06-23-2020 | 04:20 PM
rop3
Pro

Originally Posted by JAM2
I am actually surprised to read this. I have purchased 3 cars from them in the past year, and all have been low pressure / easy experiences. I did purchase my Speedster from them, and that process involved being a bit more decisive, in a shorter time period, as there really aren’t that many of them out there. I have also referred a few friends to them who have utilized other Porsche dealerships in the past. Their feedback is that they won’t go anywhere else but Porsche Fairfield. We deal directly with the GM, and Finance manager. They are great people.

I have seen your posts with regards to this matter. I read your comments thinking that this transaction cannot have flipped in the manner described, especially knowing them as well as I do. You blast them for not holding the car until 6/22, until you put physically saw it, while announcing to us all on Rennlist that you bought a different car last week. Above in the highlighted blue excerpt, it appears that they state that they will hold it until your intended return on 6/22 - 6/24.

For what it’s worth, I have purchased 3 other low mileage cars, sight unseen from different dealers as well. I did not delay the process with needing to see the car in person, as they were in the same low mileage condition as the Fairfield speedster. There are many of us on Rennlist that are unbiased 3rd parties that could have put eyes on the car for you. @rshanholtz isn’t a client of Fairfield, as he has a long term relationship with Danbury, and he commented on one of your posts as to seeing the car in person. To me, it appears that you were trying to delay the process as long as possible to decide which speedster you could purchase for the best price.
Therefore, I am questioning your defamatory tactics on a public forum, especially because the past information you shared with the RL community is a bit contradictory.

Regardless, the Irish green car is gorgeous. Enjoy it good health, and put all of this negativity to rest.

Its not really worth any more any more airtime but if you knew the chronology, they said they would hold, then they said they would not, reached out the SM 6/7 times before buying the other car to assure he would wait ( not trying to create any delays for sure, was 1,200 miles away with Covid/business/kids cant really hop a plane that quick) and confirmed I would be there, Bought another car because they would not call back even though they had asked for a deposit ,signed order and the underlying fact they were pushing and hedging then not calling back.His final e-mail last Friday sums it up saying we wont hold it, it may sell, if so we will inform you as to not waste a trip.

IMO it would have certainly been acceptable if we didn't have the agreement contingent upon seeing it, there would have been no expectation set. Since we had that they should have informed the 2nd 3rd and 4th buyer that they had to wait till the agreed date. Its happened to me many times when a toy is under contract. But to change the game midway is not the right thing to do, they were hedging, per the other rennlisters post they told his buddy $10k higher than my contract. So Tony decided to take a gamble.

Mauricio asked me to write a better review, and I am sure many have had good experiences. This was mine first and last. In the end it worked out far better for me better equipped vehicle less cost. And a dealership I love that's local. not sour about it just wanted to share the experience as i don't think it should be a stressful one. All done now excited about getting the new car this week.

Last edited by rop3; 06-23-2020 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-23-2020 | 07:59 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

Hi “rop3”. Congrats on the new Speedster. That said, if you don’t post pics it never happened!!!
The following users liked this post:
paddlefoot64 (06-23-2020)
Old 06-23-2020 | 09:51 PM
hiroshikato1
Pro

I will stand by Fairfield Porsche and their team there. I purchased my 2015 GT3 and my 2019 Touring from them. Were they the best price? No but they were fair and really straight shooters. Mauricio really goes out of his way to keep the clients happy. Heck, they even took my 2015 M4 Convertible on trade when the Penske Audi dealer next door tried to change the agreed upon price due to a management change in the dealership.
It sounds like it all worked out with the other dealer but it sounds like you had "buyer's remorse" on a car you only put a deposit down on. Holding a car with just a deposit while shopping for another car really doesn't warrant bad mouthing a dealership.
If they sold it or didn't hold it for you... but it sounds like you got a better deal on another car while they kept their car on hold for you while possibly losing a sale.
Just saying.
Hiro

Quick Reply: To buy or not to buy from Penske