Sponsored by:

GT3RS .1 TSB/ Recalls

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 12:38 PM
goldberg
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
Default GT3RS .1 TSB/ Recalls

Not sure if what the exact terminology of it is (recall/ tsb / etc)

But on my last visit to Porsche for routine maintenance and some warranty issues (rattling cage)

They informed me that they needed to replace my rear window (plexi glass)

Rear Springs

Rear shocks

The they said these were all recalls / tsb/ whatever
the springs had an updated design, where at the top of the first few coils were wrapped in a black coating / rubber to help stop noise.

The window apparently was sometimes failing under high speeds and needed to be replaced as there was issues (not that I had any personally)

the shocks in not sure why they replaced them TBH. But they were changed out none the less.

just an FYI for you guys
maybe it has already been brought up here. But if not, may be useful for next time your at the dealer to ask.

im in Sydney Australia. My car is Dec 2016. .1RS

they also updated my PCM software. But no change in appearance or functionality that I saw.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:50 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 682 Likes on 408 Posts

I took my .1RS to the local Porsche for annual service last week and there were two open campaigns - AKB4 reprogramming the airbag control unit and WKA0 supply drivers manual supplement and recode instrument cluster for race track tires.

There was nothing raised about the springs or shocks.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:51 PM
2006Z06
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Dec 8/15 production date for me in Canada....car was just inspected for extended warranty and none of these items presented, nor previously with all service at delearship. several track days (no records being set!) without issue so far...thx for the heads up and enjoy your car

Quick Reply: GT3RS .1 TSB/ Recalls