Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hypercar Invitational.. (next one gets a GT3RS & GT2RS)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2020 | 01:45 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts
Default Hypercar Invitational.. (next one gets a GT3RS & GT2RS)

Dear Rennlist friends.

I wanted to share with you a little project that I've been working on together Merit Partners, Jonathan and Burt, whom you may know as two of the most respected & coolest guys in the car business. Our concept is called Hypercar Invitstional, and it was born out of the idea of bringing a group of friends together to share their love of driving and experiencing performance cars on track. We wanted to capture this experience in a way which was more relatable to people's idea of driving sports cars, which meant creating more than just a youtube show with famous personalities telling you what it felt like. So, our idea was to invite both amateur and professional drivers together to share and compare their different perspectives. At the end of the day, we then gather and discuss in a non-scripted, laid back atmosphere. This became, Hypercar Invitational.

Today Hypercar Invitational has developed into 2 main objectives:
1. A way to bring a community of enthusiasts together, both pro drivers and amateurs, to capture the true emotion and insights offered by these incredible machines in a multi-stop tour of race tracks and close-road courses around the world. We edit and produce these events and then share them on Youtube and other social media outlets.
2. A charitable organization where proceeds from invitees and guests will go to Make a Wish Foundation.

Our first event, HI1 happened at road atlanta late last year, and we just launched our first two YouTube episodes from that day . Again these are not scripted like a tv show for excitement, this was normal people sitting down and letting fly. First episode is almost all conversation of friends excited about the day ahead. Episode 2 released this morning where Randy Pobst & other pros tested the cars. Episode 3 will be the amateurs driving and the conclusion. This first event was a dry run. Hypercar Invitational 2 happens this summer on the west coast and will be a big 'un, where we will include overachiever super cars like GT2RS to go up against hypercars for greater latitude, with more pros joining like our own CJ Wilson.. should be fun.

This was purely an effort among friends with everyone pitching in to try to offer something we had always wanted to see ourselves. We hope you enjoy it.
Sincerely,

Alessandro, Jonathan & Burt (Merit Partners)

Please check out subscribe and like our new Youtube channel where new episodes will be posted. You can also follow on instagram @Hypercar_Invitational where we feature some unobtanium by Robert Linton to drool over also.

GRAZIE!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7e...TQOsBw8VPT1B_Q
The following users liked this post:
Gary(SF) (05-24-2020)
Old 05-21-2020 | 02:09 PM
dmac
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Sonoma? Eagerly awaiting more details for the next one.
Old 05-21-2020 | 03:19 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by dmac
Sonoma? Eagerly awaiting more details for the next one.
Laguna.. you don't take the King of Laguna away from his kingdom. We will have Randy again there to tell us what is what.

my favorite segment is probably here, where you can see the speed differential between a hypercar and a "normal" track car.. check out the accel of the pagani.
Old 05-21-2020 | 03:38 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Laguna.. you don't take the King of Laguna away from his kingdom. We will have Randy again there to tell us what is what.

my favorite segment is probably here, where you can see the speed differential between a hypercar and a "normal" track car.. check out the accel of the pagani.
https://youtu.be/zmXVXfUmwOw?t=386
That was actually me driving the Pagani in that footage. ;-)
The following 2 users liked this post by Seth Thomas:
BlazinPond (05-21-2020), paradocs98 (05-24-2020)
Old 05-21-2020 | 03:46 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
That was actually me driving the Pagani in that footage. ;-)
yes.. and thank you Seth.. I've been meaning to call you to catch up. I was impressed with the great editing that Ryan's team did to cobble together what we were missing and make it a cohesive story. This couldn't have happened without you and everyone who pitched in. I hope you had fun, we are going to bring this back to Atlanta asap... and this time, i have a model to follow so we will be including many people in the footage, you're great on-camera dude!
Old 05-21-2020 | 03:51 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,183 Likes on 5,296 Posts

Subscribed.

Good stuff.
Old 05-21-2020 | 04:44 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 191 Posts

Awesome! Can't wait to hear Randy's thoughts on the cgt. Thanks for posting.
Old 05-21-2020 | 06:17 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Awesome! Can't wait to hear Randy's thoughts on the cgt. Thanks for posting.
the CGT was in some separate "outtake" footage which we didn't use as part of the same film. here it is:

in epiisode 3 which comes out tomorrow.. we all talk about it ;-D.
i gave some demo laps at much slower speed in it also.

​​​​​​
Old 05-22-2020 | 03:46 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Episode 3, where the amateurs get their turn, and then we sit down to share our thoughts. Find out what happens. Ep 3 premiers tomorrow morning, 6am PST.
Old 05-22-2020 | 08:51 AM
odwa
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Alessandro, Burt and Jonathan. Simply put, thanks for your efforts.
Old 05-22-2020 | 09:17 AM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 113 Posts

Randy was on Vinwiki where he discussed the 918 vs P1 vs LaFerrari and the Pagani. His favorite was the Pagani!

Old 05-22-2020 | 09:00 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by fskof
Randy was on Vinwiki where he discussed the 918 vs P1 vs LaFerrari and the Pagani. His favorite was the Pagani!

https://youtu.be/PdP5zUy10Wo
if you catch teh end of episode 3, we sat at the table and discussed it amongst ourselves also.. it really is more of a hypercar than the others.. meaning, it not only looks like handmade jewelry, but it performs in a more predictable and dare i say fun way than the others. And.. it simply spanked the other 3 in lap times.
Old 05-22-2020 | 10:16 PM
pw-sherman
Instructor

Received 223 Likes on 50 Posts

I thoroughly enjoyed watching this, thanks for putting it together.
Old 05-24-2020 | 02:22 PM
Dilusha
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CAlexio
if you catch teh end of episode 3, we sat at the table and discussed it amongst ourselves also.. it really is more of a hypercar than the others.. meaning, it not only looks like handmade jewelry, but it performs in a more predictable and dare i say fun way than the others. And.. it simply spanked the other 3 in lap times.
Did you guys get any lap times? Is BC really faster than the other three?
Old 05-24-2020 | 03:45 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 873 Likes on 597 Posts

Enjoyed the video's. i am sure lap times are tough as there were others on the track etc. i like the debriefs after and comparisons / differences car to car. sometimes Randy's audiio is quiet. Thanks for putting these up and subscribed..

Quick Reply: Hypercar Invitational.. (next one gets a GT3RS & GT2RS)