Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 Touring Soul Performance Side Muffler & Center Muffler Delete

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 12:55 PM
9000 rpm
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 991.2 GT3 Touring Soul Performance Side Muffler & Center Muffler Delete

I posted my Soul Performance project before randomly. I wanted to create a new post to give the the guys @ Soul Performance some props. Especially John Brandenberger, Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. He was very helpful and personable in my purchase and installation of his product. Taking apart a new GT3 Touring and putting on some after market parts is pretty scary. The valved Side Muffler delete pipes & the Center Muffler delete pipe fit like butter. The shipping and craftsmanship & quality were way above my expectations. Below is my journey.

It started @ sunset in Wisconsin when I had too much to drink. I thought about how much I loved my new car & how I wanted the whole;e world to hear her sing.

The next day after a little hair of the dog, i started taking her apart. My Wife thinks I'm crazy.

Rear bumper very easy to remove

Big, Nasty, Hot & Heavy side muffler.

Beer:30

More pretty.

Pretty.

Extra heat shielding installed since I have her apart. www.pegasusautoracing.com

Keep the air intake boxes above the center muffler cooler.

Soul Performance valved side muffler bypass pipes. The fit and finish of this product is way above my expectations.

Super nice fit.

She's back together. Ran the crap out of her. Exhaust tone is a little different but very pleasing. Kinda like a Rottweiler in heat that's had some Opera training. Maybe 30 - 40% louder. I can actually feel the weight reduction in the back.

Then this year with the Chinese Death to America/World Virus Attack, I was working very little & bored out of my mind. I loved the new sound of my GT3 but since my neighbor has straight pipes on his 996 GT3, I had to up my game. So, I took her apart again.

much easier to take the rear bumper skirt off with the wheels removed. Needed new Big *** breaker bar.

Waiting for Soul pipes.

Opened up the air filters & vacuumed them.

Still needing something to do while waiting for my Soul pipes so I polished headers & cats.

Still waiting because of this ****ing Chinese Virus thing so I ceramic coated rear bumper skirt.

Yeah!!!!!

Went together like butter.

Keep everything loose. Then when its all back together, center everything & then tighten up all the nuts & bolts.

Now waiting for the weather to get nice & **** off the neighbors with LOUD pipes!

.....And I drove her down to Chicago & I got to meet Geddy Lee. Thank you for viewing.
The iPhone videos I have just don't do the sound justice. I didn't think this car could be more awesome but with the new pipes, Holy Crap Bat Man!!!! She orgasmically Screams a Heavenly Note. Does anyone want to buy an essentially new GT3 stereo. I will never use it. Pure beautiful combustion Symphony comes out the rear pipes.
The following 2 users liked this post by 9000 rpm:
-Ryan- (04-27-2020), erik_plus8 (04-27-2020)
Old 04-27-2020, 06:02 AM
SocalTouring
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts

Did yours come stock with gold heat shields?
Old 04-27-2020, 08:26 AM
SPIKES
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

"Extra heat shielding installed since I have her apart. www.pegasusautoracing.com"
how many feet did you need?

Old 04-27-2020, 09:20 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks, very nice write up! And Geddy Lee on top - brilliant!
Old 04-27-2020, 10:30 AM
9000 rpm
Intermediate

I purchased the gold tape/sheet from here, www.pegasusautoracing.com
if you do it this project, the surface has to be clean & dry.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:33 AM
9000 rpm
Intermediate

I don't remember. I think I got about 6' of the stuff. The surface that you're going to stick the gold sheild/tape to has to be clean & dry. It takes a little patch work and cutting.
The following users liked this post:
SPIKES (04-27-2020)
Old 04-27-2020, 10:39 AM
9000 rpm
Intermediate

Thank you. I don't give a **** about celebrities etc....... but I have to admit, I was a little choked up & verklempt meeting Geddy. I think my first RUSH concert was their Hemisphere's Tour in 1977 @ the Los Angeles Forum. I've been a huge fan ever since. Still saddened by the passing of Neil Peart.
erik_plus8 (04-28-2020)
Old 04-27-2020, 10:53 PM
-Ryan-
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for the write-up. If you think the GT3 was 30-40% louder with the side deletes, what percentage would you give for sides + center delete? I'm debating whether to do just sides or sides + center.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:14 PM
9000 rpm
Intermediate

With sides & center delete, easily 100% louder under load with nice deceleration popping/barking. With the side deletes, you get a lot a weight reduction & you get a lot of heat trapping reduction in those rear wheel wells near the tires.
-Ryan- (04-27-2020)

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 Touring Soul Performance Side Muffler & Center Muffler Delete