Sponsored by:

GT2RS ON EBAY, prices dropping?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 09:36 PM
dmac
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by dewilmoth
Awesome, great excuse to meet my brother in Vegas. Thanks for the heads up.
Do it! When I was looking at options for cars I had an interest in purchasing, I went there and rented a 570S, Huracan, and 488 Spyder from them. I really wanted to drive their 720 but it was in the shop . Great people to deal with and they've grown substantially since I was there in Jan '19. They also manufacture the Ryft exhausts.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:38 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,028 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by dgoldenz
Or you can buy it here for only $542k!

http://www.viperexchange.com/vehicle...tx-id-26512098
Hahahaha They have their numbers mixed up.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:41 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by StanfordCardGT3
I've been looking at dealers with the specs I want and negotiating. They aren't budging. The gulf between expectations and reality is still wide on here.

And $299k list isn't inclusive of taxes fees etc. I suggest you have cash on hand and look harder
Dude, let the dealers sit on those damn cars then because many dealers still have dreamer prices. They are idiots for not selling them now because prices are only going lower when reality sets in. Let the price come to you.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:42 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,243 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanSD
I dont like to see it as well but this shows that you HAVE to have a savings/cash. Unless you own a toilet paper factory
We've got more TP than we know what to do with here in Green Bay, how many rolls for a GT2RS? I'll load up the trailer and head out!
The following users liked this post:
destaccado (04-28-2020)
Old 04-20-2020, 01:34 AM
silvertige
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Dude, let the dealers sit on those damn cars then because many dealers still have dreamer prices. They are idiots for not selling them now because prices are only going lower when reality sets in. Let the price come to you.
Seriously, talk about catching a falling knife...
Old 04-20-2020, 01:43 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by silvertige
Seriously, talk about catching a falling knife...
I find it funny how people think the market hasn't correctly just because you have a bunch of stubborn sellers (most are dealers). The reality is that there is a big delta between the bid (buyers) and the ask (sellers) and buyers don't have any reason to raise their offer prices. Here's what I would do...if I offered a dealer $275k for a car and they told me to pound sand and they were to call me back weeks/months later that they'll take $275k, I'd drop my offer price lower because I know that they are turning and there are no buyers at $275k for the car.
thunderdent (04-28-2020)
Old 04-20-2020, 02:02 AM
StanfordCardGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I find it funny how people think the market hasn't correctly just because you have a bunch of stubborn sellers (most are dealers). The reality is that there is a big delta between the bid (buyers) and the ask (sellers) and buyers don't have any reason to raise their offer prices. Here's what I would do...if I offered a dealer $275k for a car and they told me to pound sand and they were to call me back weeks/months later that they'll take $275k, I'd drop my offer price lower because I know that they are turning and there are no buyers at $275k for the car.
I'm not raising my price to meet dealers. However, the market takes 2 to tango. Buyers can want to buy a porsche for a $1 or some other low price that might never come to fruition. In that case, who is being stubborn?
Old 04-20-2020, 02:11 AM
Engeljizzle
Pro

Received 125 Likes on 54 Posts

Omg, we're gonna die.
D1ESEL (04-20-2020)
Old 04-20-2020, 03:21 AM
silvertige
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 119 Posts

People have a tough time waiting weeks to months when they want to buy, but yeah, prices will adjust accordingly. The economic uncertainty is incredible right now. Dealers are sweating for sure.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:05 AM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Most delivery mile CPO 2019 GT3RS are realistically selling at msrp now or with miles/used still selling within 10% of sticker.

GT2RS are older and therefore less factory warranty remaining so I’d expect 10%+ off msrp in this climate.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:45 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 425 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by StanfordCardGT3
I'm not raising my price to meet dealers. However, the market takes 2 to tango. Buyers can want to buy a porsche for a $1 or some other low price that might never come to fruition. In that case, who is being stubborn?
And here we go. Finally, a no reserve BaT auction.

Quite a lively discussion over there:

"Does seller here own the car or representing it on behalf of the 2nd owner who registered in MT after the first flipped it to the dealer in Chicago ?I’m genuinely interested in the economics of these cars which get almost no use and trade multiple times and are either losing money for every private owner or taking up space and flipping from dealer to dealer with little profit added. It would be a lovely game to be able to play in, but seems like a risky one as well. At least in the case of these they seem rare enough to not have been hit as much as the various GT3 variants.It seems like the only sure winners in the equation are the original buyer if they paid sticker and the fourth or fifth owner who catches the downswing and gets the nearly new car a few years down the road for a discount from new."
Old 04-28-2020, 03:29 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 160 Posts

EXACTLY! Or, to put it another way, the prices on these cars are not going to suddenly reverse and go back up! They are heading south....not north
Old 04-28-2020, 04:39 PM
StanfordCardGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mchrono
And here we go. Finally, a no reserve BaT auction.

Quite a lively discussion over there:

"Does seller here own the car or representing it on behalf of the 2nd owner who registered in MT after the first flipped it to the dealer in Chicago ?I’m genuinely interested in the economics of these cars which get almost no use and trade multiple times and are either losing money for every private owner or taking up space and flipping from dealer to dealer with little profit added. It would be a lovely game to be able to play in, but seems like a risky one as well. At least in the case of these they seem rare enough to not have been hit as much as the various GT3 variants.It seems like the only sure winners in the equation are the original buyer if they paid sticker and the fourth or fifth owner who catches the downswing and gets the nearly new car a few years down the road for a discount from new."
it was 100k yesterday starting. What does this prove exactly? With 9 days to go too. People who bought GT2s (probably mostly with large 100k+ ADMs) are pretty insulated from the macroeconomic volatility
Old 04-28-2020, 05:23 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Dot23RS
Most delivery mile CPO 2019 GT3RS are realistically selling at msrp now or with miles/used still selling within 10% of sticker.

GT2RS are older and therefore less factory warranty remaining so I’d expect 10%+ off msrp in this climate.
I saw someone selling one on here for $30k+ off MSRP. Think that equates to ~15%. And that's just listed price, I'm sure there's some wiggle room. Here's a WP car at $40k off MSRP on autotrader.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Old 04-28-2020, 08:02 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,877 Likes on 970 Posts

$210k MSRP not including whatever ADM might have been extracted. Hammered at $170k. Prices are normalizing.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ign=2020-04-28

Quick Reply: GT2RS ON EBAY, prices dropping?