Sponsored by:

New BAT GT3-engine trim needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 08:24 PM
CSTROH
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New BAT GT3-engine trim needed

I just purchased a 2016 GT3 from BAT. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...che-911-gt3-4/

Could anyone help identify the part #’s for the missing engine bay trim pieces? Looks like a need the corner engine bay trim piece opposite the oil/coolant fill. It looks like ill also need a trim piece that bridges the small gap between the thin grill and fan cover. I cannot find these pieces or corresponding part #’s on the usual parts websites.

Thank you,

Christopher
Old 04-17-2020, 08:50 PM
itrsteve
Burning Brakes

Received 725 Likes on 401 Posts

IMO, that's a prime candidate part from a junkyard. I'd give http://www.ladismantler.com/ or somebody similar a shout.

Most importantly, great win today. That was entertaining watching multiple parties duke it out past the $100k mark. Proving the RL economists wrong with the 991.1, I love it.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:24 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 204 Posts

Any idea why that part is missing? Seems very strange, hopefully not a sign of any bodywork or repairs...

As for your question, believe it is on page 248:

https://www.porsche.com/all/media/pd..._991%20GT3.pdf
Old 04-17-2020, 09:32 PM
CobaltCr
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

the big black bolts holding the tail lights and the carbon trim are wrong. something happened to that rear end and the right parts were not used to put it back together.
The following users liked this post:
Tpup (04-27-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 10:06 PM
CSTROH
Intermediate

Unfortunately I do not have any insights into why the parts are missing. The MBRP exhaust could certainly indicated that there could have been a “value conscious” owner at some point.. hopefully no important corners were cut. There is probably also a reason that the car was auctioned off and not sold off of the Ferrari Seattle dealership lot. Car allegedly traded in for an F12. It really intrigues me, and I hope I don’t have any catastrophic surprises. I do know from tinkering with my 991 C2S that those parts are all easily removable. I am remaining (perhaps stupidly) optimistic that it was just a curious owner wanting to get a peak at the engine and botching reassembly. With that said, paint meter readings seem very consistent for a car with front end PPF and a clear Carfax, but anything is possible.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:10 PM
CSTROH
Intermediate

This pic is form my ‘14 C2S engine bay.

I am holding up the corner engine trim piece having un-clipped it to reveal a similar harness. This piece is basically mirror image to the trim on left hand side fo engine bay except left side has oil/coolant fill.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:18 PM
CSTROH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Vise
Any idea why that part is missing? Seems very strange, hopefully not a sign of any bodywork or repairs...

As for your question, believe it is on page 248:

https://www.porsche.com/all/media/pd..._991%20GT3.pdf

Thank you this is helpful.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:19 PM
CSTROH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CobaltCr
the big black bolts holding the tail lights and the carbon trim are wrong. something happened to that rear end and the right parts were not used to put it back together.

Hopefully I wasn’t too Corona Crazy. I don’t don’t disagree but fingers crossed that all is straight forward.
Old 04-18-2020, 03:52 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

OMG, you got Roberto Perrina'ed

Are you saying Ferrari of Seattle knew about a prior incident, poorly repaired it, did not disclose it and left the buyer holding the bag ?
Old 04-18-2020, 04:48 AM
CSTROH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Perimeter
OMG, you got Roberto Perrina'ed

Are you saying Ferrari of Seattle knew about a prior incident, poorly repaired it, did not disclose it and left the buyer holding the bag ?
What does that mean exactly? Does this seller have a bad unscrupulous reputation?

Has he misrepresented vehicles before?

Last edited by CSTROH; 04-18-2020 at 05:37 AM.
Old 04-18-2020, 05:09 AM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Received 401 Likes on 210 Posts

Well this may get interesting...
The following users liked this post:
CSTROH (04-18-2020)
Old 04-18-2020, 08:37 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

It's the silver bolts that hold the tail lights in, two on each side. The black bolt has a cover on it and that's also missing, looks more like a bumper. The carbon trim looks correct, what is wrong with it?

Old 04-18-2020, 11:38 AM
CSTROH
Intermediate

It will be interesting to get it looked at by my local Porsche dealer. As far as records indicate, nothing should be “wrong” with it. just missing a few trim pieces
Old 04-18-2020, 12:53 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 538 Posts

If an owner had the bumper cover off for an exhaust or filter service some of the hardware may have been misplaced. Rather than making a trip to the dealer for the appropriate parts the owner may have just sourced 'if it fits it works' hardware from his local hardware store. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen this behavior.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:54 PM
CobaltCr
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd B
It's the silver bolts that hold the tail lights in, two on each side. The black bolt has a cover on it and that's also missing, looks more like a bumper. The carbon trim looks correct, what is wrong with it?

same thing. the silver bolts holding the carbon trim have been replaced with those large black bolts. and the corner of the plastic cover for the oil and coolant is broken.

Quick Reply: New BAT GT3-engine trim needed