Sponsored by:

extended service contract 2016 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2020 | 08:46 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 2008whitegt3
fidelity warranty services
I called the warranty salesman I have used in the past who sells a lot of Fidelity contracts, and he said Fidelity still will not cover GT3s. This has been the case for several years. Please confirm that you are able to get the Fidelity contract as that would be an interesting development.
Old 02-26-2020 | 10:16 PM
ugotgrossed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Formerly Known As: 2008whitegt3

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
I called the warranty salesman I have used in the past who sells a lot of Fidelity contracts, and he said Fidelity still will not cover GT3s. This has been the case for several years. Please confirm that you are able to get the Fidelity contract as that would be an interesting development.
they (porsche dealer) called fidelity with vin # and yes it's covered as of today
Old 02-26-2020 | 10:22 PM
ugotgrossed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 02-26-2020 | 10:27 PM
ugotgrossed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Got three quotes from three different places. ^^^^ Above is the cheapest w/ $250 deductible @ $3300 afrter 45% discount off list price. . Spoke to perry @ Walnut creek porsche and gave quote of $3900. Porsche livermore $4100. Quote above is from someone in NJ
Old 02-28-2020 | 01:30 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 2008whitegt3
Got three quotes from three different places. ^^^^ Above is the cheapest w/ $250 deductible @ $3300 afrter 45% discount off list price. . Spoke to perry @ Walnut creek porsche and gave quote of $3900. Porsche livermore $4100. Quote above is from someone in NJ
I was hopeful that Fidelity decided to start covering GT cars, but I was forwarded a list of excluded vehicles and the GT3 & GT3RS are still excluded from coverage. When the 2014 GT3 and 2019 GT3RS VINs were entered for me by Troy Dietrich at FD-Warranty, they came back as NOT eligible for contract coverage. It appears there is an error in the Fidelity VIN decoding and your 2016 RS is for some reason coming up as a standard 911, which I would add is reflected in the pricing. I think you could successfully get the contract written at present time, but a Fidelity manager stated that if they issued the policy, they would deny the claim if they found out it was issued on an ineligible model. I would recommend you review the contract language regarding their ability to cancel the policy under these circumstances, and then make a decision as to how you wish to proceed. I would just hate to have you think you are covered when potentially you are not.
Old 02-29-2020 | 07:40 PM
ugotgrossed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
I was hopeful that Fidelity decided to start covering GT cars, but I was forwarded a list of excluded vehicles and the GT3 & GT3RS are still excluded from coverage. When the 2014 GT3 and 2019 GT3RS VINs were entered for me by Troy Dietrich at FD-Warranty, they came back as NOT eligible for contract coverage. It appears there is an error in the Fidelity VIN decoding and your 2016 RS is for some reason coming up as a standard 911, which I would add is reflected in the pricing. I think you could successfully get the contract written at present time, but a Fidelity manager stated that if they issued the policy, they would deny the claim if they found out it was issued on an ineligible model. I would recommend you review the contract language regarding their ability to cancel the policy under these circumstances, and then make a decision as to how you wish to proceed. I would just hate to have you think you are covered when potentially you are not.
that would be pretty messed up if contract written by a porsche dealer with vin number and claimdown the rd denied by fidility. At that point, i would consult an attorney and hold porsche dealer for breach of contract or something

Quick Reply: extended service contract 2016 GT3 RS