Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Current pricing for speedster?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2019 | 09:24 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by joejenie
Porsche Chandler has a heritage version on their showroom floor for sale. Asking $400k. They would like to sell it local, but they might let it go out of their area at full price. Talk to Miles. Great SA.
I understand that dealership has been through some personnel the last couple of years. I flew out there with a cashiers check for an SL63 they got on trade. Drove the car when I got there and the low coolant light came on. They topped it off. By the time I drove home 400 miles away it was evident the car had a head gasket problem. Warranty took care of it. My feeling is that should have been taken care of before and not after the fact. Sales person wouldn't return my calls. Then found out shortly thereafter she didn't work there anymore. Tried to get a 3RS from them and nothing again. I won't give them my business. Too many other dealers out there. YMMV.
The following users liked this post:
Perimeter (12-25-2019)
Old 12-25-2019 | 10:30 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RoyalPink
I understand that dealership (Porsche Chandler] has been through some personnel the last couple of years. I flew out there with a cashiers check for an SL63 they got on trade. Drove the car when I got there and the low coolant light came on. They topped it off. By the time I drove home 400 miles away it was evident the car had a head gasket problem. Warranty took care of it. My feeling is that should have been taken care of before and not after the fact. Sales person wouldn't return my calls. Then found out shortly thereafter she didn't work there anymore. Tried to get a 3RS from them and nothing again. I won't give them my business. Too many other dealers out there. YMMV.
Employment at Porsche Chandler is a revolving door, your experience falls right in line with others.

I bought my GT4 when Porsche Chandler opened their doors in May 2016 and had a verbal agreement with my SA and Sales Manager that I would be on the 991.2 GT3 list
3 months later all sales staff and sales manager had departed and I am out no matter how many personal visits,face-to-face and.meet-and-greets I stop by to do.
They stiffed me, and DID NOT even want to put me on a waiting list.

I get it - just go away, we don't have time for you.
I went to the secondary market and paid $30k ADM for my 991.2 GT3

Many departed ex-employees stayed local and you see them at Cars N Coffee then get the real scoop on what the owner is doing
That is enough BS for me to stop buying any more Porsches - great cars, terrible dealerships
Old 12-26-2019 | 12:12 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Porsche Chandler has been good to me so far. My SA seems to get it and luckily, he has been successful there. The owner wants the cars he sells to stay in his territory and won't play games like sell to a local and then local sell it back so he can sell it used with ADM to a better market. I think he will sell out of market, but usually only when he has sat on the car for awhile. Sometimes it's timing as well. Perimeter had a bad experience back with the dealership was really new. It's a little more stable now, but they have lost a lot of SA over the last few years.
Old 12-26-2019 | 01:05 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
the owner didn’t learn his lesson when his 100k over msrp 2rs sat on the flor for a year and they sold it under msrp.

history repeats itself with a convertible gt3.
Old habits die hard.
Old 12-26-2019 | 01:45 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by unotaz
You have my respect Joe!

P.S. I agree with you that the Speedster is 75k overpriced especially when you compare it to the original MSRP of the 911R. Less quantities made and uses the same amount of carbon fiber parts across the board on the R.
Brosef Joseph.. you have my respect Yo.. and it just took a few glasses of good tequila at your house. Forget the speedster, you have a perfect spyder and a gt3..
whojoemama (12-26-2019)
Old 12-26-2019 | 02:07 AM
XrussianX
Pro

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
Crazy ADM at Porsche SD:

Do they include a spyder with that ADM😆 I would laugh at that sticker and keep walking. Work for your money dealer ********
Perimeter (12-26-2019)
Old 12-26-2019 | 02:11 AM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by XrussianX
Do they include a spyder with that ADM😆 I would laugh at that sticker and keep walking. Work for your money dealer ********
Tried to buy an RS from these guys as well. I had to look in a mirror to see if I didn't have stupid written on my forehead. Couldn't believe these guys. They must like having their cars sit on the showroom so they can constantly look at them. Because they surely don't price them to move or seem like they want to do a deal - just my opinion.
Old 12-26-2019 | 02:33 AM
RS911
Racer

Hey they came down $50k. The sad thing is that they are also driving the car. This one will sell at the end at or below msrp.
Old 12-26-2019 | 05:13 AM
XrussianX
Pro

Tried to buy an RS from these guys as well. I had to look in a mirror to see if I didn't have stupid written on my forehead. Couldn't believe these guys. They must like having their cars sit on the showroom so they can constantly look at them. Because they surely don't price them to move or seem like they want to do a deal - just my opinion.
Originally Posted by RS911
Hey they came down $50k. The sad thing is that they are also driving the car. This one will sell at the end at or below msrp.
I guess I shouldn’t poke fun at those who can easily drop that kind of coin for getting what they want. I’m just speaking for the other 99% this is beyond stupid if you are in that percentile. The 911R should have taught folks no?
Also why the hell are they driving it? Wow🤦‍♂️ I wish there was a double face palm
Old 12-26-2019 | 07:44 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

the owner of Porsche Chandler didn’t learn his lesson when his 100k over msrp 2rs sat on the flor for a year and they sold it under msrp. history repeats itself with a convertible gt3.
Old habits die hard. Owner Richard Cjanovich comes from his Honda/Acura dealerships, obviously he hasn't learned to cultivate a Porsche Clientele.
Americans a very bad consumers - you can b*tch slap them and they still return for more abuse. German people would never put up with playing games, they would blacklist that dealer

I guess I shouldn’t poke fun at those who can easily drop that kind of coin for getting what they want. I’m just speaking for the other 99% this is beyond stupid if you are in that percentile. The 911R should have taught folks no?
Also why the hell are they driving it? Wow🤦‍♂️ I wish there was a double face palm
Why wouldn't the dealership let one of its good guy, best customers spec and buy this car?
Follow the extra money....

I understand that dealership, Porsche Chandler, has been through some personnel the last couple of years. I flew out there with a cashiers check for an SL63 they got on trade. Drove the car when I got there and the low coolant light came on. They topped it off. By the time I drove home 400 miles away it was evident the car had a head gasket problem. Warranty took care of it. My feeling is that should have been taken care of before and not after the fact. Sales person wouldn't return my calls. Then found out shortly thereafter she didn't work there anymore. Tried to get a 3RS from them and nothing again. I won't give them my business. Too many other dealers out there. YMMV.
Porsche Chandler has shown you their true colors and they got your green.

I bought my GT3 from Hennessy in Atlanta and it was a completely different dealership experience. Very impressive customer commitment and SAs have been there for decades.
Hennessy is a very well run dealership

Last edited by Perimeter; 12-26-2019 at 08:09 AM.
Old 12-26-2019 | 08:35 AM
whojoemama
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
Crazy ADM at Porsche SD:
they put those up to keep the tourists away from the car. the real number is in there somewhere.
Old 12-26-2019 | 12:40 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RS911
Who is driving the car? The GM? Owner/s?
Old 12-26-2019 | 12:47 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Theres an all black car a friend has in LA that I think is still for sale, I think like 40-50k over asking...they came down fast.
Old 12-26-2019 | 01:54 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Theres an all black car a friend has in LA that I think is still for sale, I think like 40-50k over asking...they came down fast.
they will come down more. There is nothing in this car that justifies a 300k price tag let alone the added mark up.

500hp convertible with an ugly silver and white paint scheme??? Big deal. Do you know how many great cars there are out that in the 300-400k range.
The following 4 users liked this post by Yippiekiaye:
AlexCeres (12-26-2019), Freddie Two Bs (12-26-2019), Perimeter (12-26-2019), raclaims (12-26-2019)
Old 12-26-2019 | 02:45 PM
Vintage72
Rennlist Member

they will come down more. There is nothing in this car that justifies a 300k price tag let alone the added mark up.

500hp convertible with an ugly silver and white paint scheme??? Big deal. Do you know how many great cars there are out that in the 300-400k range.
My brain agrees with you on every point 100%, but my heart still wants one. My build would have been simple, agate with silver wheels and black leather.

Quick Reply: Current pricing for speedster?