991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any red flags here?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2019 | 05:29 PM
stephen k
Rennlist Member

You don't need FAL if you know how to drive a lowered car and the Bose gets very distorted with the exhaust/exterior noise.

Must have that its missing for me would be LED headlights but not a deal killer. If that car did not have the extended fuel tank that would have been my deal killer.. Looks great, light spec, low options, deal on it and drive it home ..
Old 12-18-2019 | 05:52 PM
FORENN
Banned

No FAL would be a dealbreaker for me, and given the take rate, I suspect many others. But since it does not have it, use it to your advantage to get the price down. 6MT and buckets are must haves, so you are set there. Missing too many important options for me, but if you get the price down $7-8k, go for it.
Old 12-18-2019 | 06:16 PM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Originally Posted by LionelB
No FAL ? Would be an issue for me.
This!
Old 12-18-2019 | 08:03 PM
itrsteve
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LionelB
No FAL ? Would be an issue for me.
x2. In my searches, it seems that many of the bottom-priced cars are lacking it. FAL is one of those weird things for some of us; it's a non-optional, option.

It's not a "cool to have" feature like PDLS or Bose but a necessary evil for some. If your friend doesn't need it, awesome... But it's something to be mindful of on the back end that it shrinks your buyers market to some degree.

.02 from a guy that had to have his entire driveway ripped out and re-poured to accommodate a GT3 w/ FAL.

But with that being said - Guards red, buckets and 6MT is pretty bitchin'... especially at that price.
Old 12-18-2019 | 08:36 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by itrsteve
x2. In my searches, it seems that many of the bottom-priced cars are lacking it. FAL is one of those weird things for some of us; it's a non-optional, option.

It's not a "cool to have" feature like PDLS or Bose but a necessary evil for some. If your friend doesn't need it, awesome... But it's something to be mindful of on the back end that it shrinks your buyers market to some degree.

.02 from a guy that had to have his entire driveway ripped out and re-poured to accommodate a GT3 w/ FAL.

But with that being said - Guards red, buckets and 6MT is pretty bitchin'... especially at that price.
Exactly.

I laugh when someone assumes others don't know how to drive a lowered car on the idea that the other person feels the FAL is a required option. More than enough threads.

Quick Reply: Any red flags here?