Sponsored by:

CAT delete on Gas Particle Filter Cars

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 12:43 PM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts
Default CAT delete on Gas Particle Filter Cars

Personally I would be very interested to hear the sound change from going catless on Gas Particle Filter car, as removing the CATS is the easy bit, whilst removing the GPF is not, as its electronically interlinked with the ECU
Old 11-16-2019, 01:14 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard.
Personally I would be very interested to hear the sound change from going catless on Gas Particle Filter car, as removing the CATS is the easy bit, whilst removing the GPF is not, as its electronically interlinked with the ECU
I have to believe that JCR is the closest to cracking this
Old 11-16-2019, 05:53 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

if Am. ot mistsken AP suggested not messing up with exhaust gas back pressure on PF cars
Old 11-16-2019, 06:30 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,321 Likes on 614 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
if Am. ot mistsken AP suggested not messing up with exhaust gas back pressure on PF cars
Correct.

Said the ITBs were set up with the full exhaust system considered—cats, PFs (or mesh for US cars, which creates similar or same back pressure), etc. Of course, hot-rodders will be hot-rodders (and I love hot rods when they're done well)—but my experience in the Speedster suggested the new setup's high-definition throttle response > more noise. OMMV, and will be interesting to see if anyone comes up with a no-downsides setup.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:51 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero

Originally Posted by stout
Correct.

Said the ITBs were set up with the full exhaust system considered—cats, PFs (or mesh for US cars, which creates similar or same back pressure), etc. Of course, hot-rodders will be hot-rodders (and I love hot rods when they're done well)—but my experience in the Speedster suggested the new setup's high-definition throttle response > more noise. OMMV, and will be interesting to see if anyone comes up with a no-downsides setup.
Btw the fuel injectors much increased pressures would require an ECU Remap for PF backpressure delete compensation?

apart the exhaust mods, not so plug n play as in the past, these OEMs fuel super high pressures there to balance filters increased restrictions, do make the overall system more stressed that is less durable ?

Last edited by fxz; 11-17-2019 at 05:23 AM.
Old 11-17-2019, 04:42 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 939 Likes on 431 Posts

We have it done and in testing now, the OPF can be deleted without any ECU work, same as the Cat too.

Our Inconel OPF Race Manifolds features a 200cel race cat in place of the factory OPF.

Direct replacement, no tune required and no CEL. Win win win.

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
The following users liked this post:
Rennolazine (11-18-2019)
Old 11-17-2019, 09:54 AM
mafoofan
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
We have it done and in testing now, the OPF can be deleted without any ECU work, same as the Cat too.

Our Inconel OPF Race Manifolds features a 200cel race cat in place of the factory OPF.

Direct replacement, no tune required and no CEL. Win win win.

JC
What about AP’s statements that the back-pressure from the OPFs is integral to optimizing power?
Old 11-17-2019, 05:28 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mafoofan
What about AP’s statements that the back-pressure from the OPFs is integral to optimizing power?
I highly doubt anyone in his position within any manufacturer would condone or encourage altering parts. It’s just not in their nature.

We gained power and torque and removed a pretty serious flat spot with our OPF back silencer replacement products already, I expect our OPF replacement race manifolds will make great gains in power and torque over and above that.

Check out the video below which shares results

JC
Old 11-17-2019, 08:14 PM
fxz
Race Car

Can we keep the marketing aside for a while ??
Old 11-18-2019, 02:47 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by fxz
Im answering the question’s and backing up my answers with proof of our findings.. Rather than speculating on what AP said in an interview.

I’ll let all the others who have direct experience on this specific platform chime in from now on

JC

Last edited by JCR-Porsche; 11-18-2019 at 04:13 AM.
nxfedlt1 (11-18-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 06:29 AM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Great to hear, there will likely be solutions to GPFs, at least Porsche unlike Ferrari, seems to be taking a regional approach !
Old 11-18-2019, 06:43 AM
EST
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
If you have a product that is related to this forum then marketing this product is absolutely fine!
The following 2 users liked this post by EST:
JCR-Porsche (11-18-2019), Richard. (11-18-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 09:13 AM
mafoofan
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
Im answering the question’s and backing up my answers with proof of our findings.. Rather than speculating on what AP said in an interview.

I’ll let all the others who have direct experience on this specific platform chime in from now on

JC
I wasn’t speculating. Just asking a question.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:17 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by fxz
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I wasn’t speculating. Just asking a question.
Mafoofan,

I was referring to the above comment hence the structure of my answer and the relevance of posting the proof and findings. I was trying to be helpful providing real world data and findings.

Apologies for any confusion

JC
Richard. (11-19-2019)

Quick Reply: CAT delete on Gas Particle Filter Cars