Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OPF GT3RS vs AMG GT-R Pro

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2019 | 05:53 AM
DE-RS2018
Intermediate

Default OPF GT3RS vs AMG GT-R Pro

The GT3RS with OPF just destroyed the GTR Pro in a direct comparision on Sachsenring. The GTR Pro did 1:28:48 and the GT3RS did 1:26:39. Tomorrow I can share some more details on exact messurements.
Btw. 918 Spyder did 1:26:7x
Old 11-07-2019 | 11:48 AM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

I will say after owning a AMG GTR. It is an incredible car for the second stand alone car being designed and built by AMG. First was the SLS gullwing. Porsche has a much deeper racing history and decades of evolving the 911 platform. So good job AMG in such a short time. I ordered my GTR and it took a year to get it. I also had it for 18 months and put 11k miles on it as well. Did some track time (not in mine) in a GTR also.

My opinion is the car needs to lose some weight it's bloated. Too many bells and whistles for a track car. Bind spot assist, keyless entry, adaptive cruise control, brake and hold feature, power/memory seats and it goes on. Car weighs 3,650 pounds. Needs to lose at least a couple hundred pounds if not more. It also has the 577 HP version of the 4.0 TT and it needs the 603 HP version of the 4.0 TT like in the E63 S sedan. Don't know why they don't give the car a power bump. PDK is on another level compared to the DCT in the GTR. Brakes are weak in this car. They overheat/fade very easily and have to be babied and cooled.

If all of these are addressed in the Black Series GTR. It could get close to the GT2 RS Nurburgring lap time. I'm pretty sure MB doesn't want to launch the car and have it not do a sub 7 lap time on the ring. AMG GTR Pro to me was a waste. A few changes on some aero bits and bobs, digital dash, they ruined the center console. Old one was perfect. Sometimes it seems like manufacturers change things just to change things. Something new to sell and capture some additional sales and market share.
Old 11-07-2019 | 12:00 PM
Apex Ace
Rennlist Member

OPF?
Old 11-07-2019 | 12:07 PM
A/S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Apex Ace
OPF?
991.3 GT3 RS
Old 11-07-2019 | 12:09 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Otto Particulate Filter --> .3 GT3RS for EU
Old 11-26-2019 | 10:33 PM
lucxy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RoyalPink
I will say after owning a AMG GTR. It is an incredible car for the second stand alone car being designed and built by AMG. First was the SLS gullwing. Porsche has a much deeper racing history and decades of evolving the 911 platform. So good job AMG in such a short time. I ordered my GTR and it took a year to get it. I also had it for 18 months and put 11k miles on it as well. Did some track time (not in mine) in a GTR also.

My opinion is the car needs to lose some weight it's bloated. Too many bells and whistles for a track car. Bind spot assist, keyless entry, adaptive cruise control, brake and hold feature, power/memory seats and it goes on. Car weighs 3,650 pounds. Needs to lose at least a couple hundred pounds if not more. It also has the 577 HP version of the 4.0 TT and it needs the 603 HP version of the 4.0 TT like in the E63 S sedan. Don't know why they don't give the car a power bump. PDK is on another level compared to the DCT in the GTR. Brakes are weak in this car. They overheat/fade very easily and have to be babied and cooled.

If all of these are addressed in the Black Series GTR. It could get close to the GT2 RS Nurburgring lap time. I'm pretty sure MB doesn't want to launch the car and have it not do a sub 7 lap time on the ring. AMG GTR Pro to me was a waste. A few changes on some aero bits and bobs, digital dash, they ruined the center console. Old one was perfect. Sometimes it seems like manufacturers change things just to change things. Something new to sell and capture some additional sales and market share.
I think AMG GTR makes over 600 hp based on renntech Dyno numbers . It seems that 577 hp vs 603 is a marketing gimmick..
Old 11-27-2019 | 02:15 PM
tqevo
Pro

Originally Posted by lucxy
I think AMG GTR makes over 600 hp based on renntech Dyno numbers . It seems that 577 hp vs 603 is a marketing gimmick..
The GTR is too heavy and the rear end has traction issues. Not in the same league as the RS
Old 11-27-2019 | 02:48 PM
bli8
Rennlist Member

Doesn't the AMG GT family of cars share pretty much the same basic chassis architecture of the Dodge Viper?
Old 11-27-2019 | 03:08 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bli8
Doesn't the AMG GT family of cars share pretty much the same basic chassis architecture of the Dodge Viper?
Don't think so. Among many differences, the Viper has front transmission and AMG has rear transaxle...

This comparison shows some other differences in chassis and suspension architecture, etc:

https://www.thecarconnection.com/car...nz_amg-gt_2017
Old 11-27-2019 | 03:17 PM
Snakebit10
Advanced

That was the SLS that was based on the Vipers chassis. I'm not sure if the current models are still based on the Vipers chassis though.

If it still is, don't forget the Viper TA was right there with the GT3 RS lap time-wise at Laguna etc but then again the Viper is tuned for the track more than the GTR and much lighter. Can't expect the same GT3 RS /TA levels of track focus with all that added luxury weight on the GTR. Let us put Panamera levels of luxury in the GT3 RS and you know what will happen to that RS magic.
Old 12-01-2019 | 12:16 PM
MegaLoL
Advanced

Originally Posted by tqevo
The GTR is too heavy and the rear end has traction issues. Not in the same league as the RS
Ohh yes? So why i'm always faster on any tracks than all GT3/RS cars with R tires? If you know how to handle this car it's very very fast. It's not that easy to drive like Porsche GT cars.
Old 12-01-2019 | 06:09 PM
groundhog
Race Car

Originally Posted by MegaLoL
Ohh yes? So why i'm always faster on any tracks than all GT3/RS cars with R tires? If you know how to handle this car it's very very fast. It's not that easy to drive like Porsche GT cars.
It is if you know what you’re doing - the current RS is better than the GT R in all conditions and is more versatile as well. In the wet the GT R is poor and in all conditions relies very heavily on the nannies.
Old 12-02-2019 | 02:28 AM
MegaLoL
Advanced

Originally Posted by groundhog
It is if you know what you’re doing - the current RS is better than the GT R in all conditions and is more versatile as well. In the wet the GT R is poor and in all conditions relies very heavily on the nannies.
To be fair GTR is a rival for a GT3. PRO is a rival for a RS. I'm saying that GTR is faster than 991.1 RS and on better tires than regular Cup 2, still can beat new RS. This car is very capable platform and you don't need to relies on the nannies when you smoothly use his potential.

What do you mean by "versatile"? Both cars are not daily cars and of course all 911 have more grip in the wet conditions. Where they have an engine and a powertrain? All RWD 911 have more grip in wet conditions than other competitiors.
Old 12-02-2019 | 11:10 AM
lucxy
Rennlist Member

AMG GTR vs .2 RS.. If I had to pick one -- RS for me for sure. But I also think GTR is a great addition to any garage since it is completely different form RS -- sound, engine, architecture, feel, etc..
Both are great..
Old 12-02-2019 | 11:44 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MegaLoL
To be fair GTR is a rival for a GT3. PRO is a rival for a RS. I'm saying that GTR is faster than 991.1 RS and on better tires than regular Cup 2, still can beat new RS. This car is very capable platform and you don't need to relies on the nannies when you smoothly use his potential.

What do you mean by "versatile"? Both cars are not daily cars and of course all 911 have more grip in the wet conditions. Where they have an engine and a powertrain? All RWD 911 have more grip in wet conditions than other competitiors.
Then why is the 991 GT3 RS faster, on average by about 2-3 seconds, than the GT R on tracks, long and short, throughout the world?

GT R lap times: https://fastestlaps.com/models/mercedes-benz-amg-gt-r

GT3 RS lap times: https://fastestlaps.com/models/porsc...s-991-facelift

And definitely the GT3 RS is more versatile. Just look at this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...re-thread.html

Quick Reply: OPF GT3RS vs AMG GT-R Pro