Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New "Full Contact" LWB Seat Angle Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 05:53 PM
ngamountains
Racer

Received 273 Likes on 150 Posts

I got the brackets from TPC last weekend and finished with the install today. I had a small hiccup with a config that had not been seen before for the passenger occupant sensing module, but after a couple videos on my end to convey the issue and a supplemental video (immediately above) from Tom made while modifying a similarly-equipped car in-shop, I was able to finish the install up. Tom was great, and spent a considerable amount of time understanding my issue and helping me to get it resolved.

Regarding the result, I am thrilled with the modification to the seats, as is my wife. My first impression on reinstalling the driver’s seat and taking a seat in the garage was that it felt like more recline than I expected from what seemed a small “lift” to the seat bottom, but after getting the car out on the road I drove 200 miles over two days, and I love it. The seat is much more comfortable, and ingress/egress is significantly improved. My one caveat would be there is initially a bit more thigh pressure from the forward edge of the seat on clutch actuation compared to pre-mod, but I’ve gotten used to it quickly and would never go back. Based on my installation experience, as others have said there is no need to disconnect the battery, and no post-mod issues or warnings lights. Just be sure to have the key removed from the ignition when you unplug/reconnect the yellow electrical connector at the seat base.

This is a great product from Tom and the guys at TPC - highly recommended! If anyone else does this DIY and has issues mid-install, feel free to give me a shout.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:54 PM
ngamountains
Racer

Received 273 Likes on 150 Posts

Got my P1Designs inserts delivered today. Between the memory foam inserts and the TPC recline brackets, comfort is off the charts compared to stock, and ingress/egress is vastly improved. If you’re on the fence, do it.

The following 2 users liked this post by ngamountains:
P1Designs (05-08-2021), Tom@TPC Racing (05-10-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 01:40 PM
Rgwirtz
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 63 Posts

Anyone ever use these in a Speedster or would it lean the seat back too far, given that there’s a “backstop” that doesn’t exist in the other GT3 models?

Quick Reply: New "Full Contact" LWB Seat Angle Brackets