Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New "Full Contact" LWB Seat Angle Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 06:50 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,610 Likes on 2,347 Posts

I liike the design of the TPC mounts vs some others, but its a hassle with the wiring loom install...
The following users liked this post:
moebiusone (10-07-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 12:52 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 951 Likes on 528 Posts
Default Product Updates 04/2021

We have two updates we would like to share:

1) We have tested our TPC Racing Full Contact Seat Angle Brackets to be compatible with side plate-mounted sub-belt brackets from BBI, CMS, and Cantrell Motorsports.

2) We have new installation video that has more closeup views. Our brackets are the same great product as before. This new video below illustrates a more tidy way to route the wiring loom.

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Old 04-13-2021, 07:07 AM
obcabahug
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish you would make the same quality brackets but with 50% less recline angle. I have your original one which is of great quality but just too reclined for my height/size.
Hopefully you can make one. How much would a one off be?
Thanks
Omar
Old 04-13-2021, 11:02 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by obcabahug
I wish you would make the same quality brackets but with 50% less recline angle. I have your original one which is of great quality but just too reclined for my height/size.
Hopefully you can make one. How much would a one off be?
Thanks
Omar
Thank you for your input. I have looked into this further, but unfortunately your request cannot be filled due to physical limitation in the distance indicated by the red arrows in the image below. The two holes on the bracket cannot be made closer to each other. The brackets should put drivers 5'5" height(and above) with average torsional length in better driving position. Alternatively or additionally, custom made seat cushion like some pro race car drivers use can be added for exact tailoring of seating position.

Last edited by Tom@TPC Racing; 04-13-2021 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:50 PM
amsmike
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

I have a set of your TPC brackets and have yet to install them, thanks for the updated video. My question...does the battery need to be disconnected?
Old 04-13-2021, 02:52 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,610 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by amsmike
I have a set of your TPC brackets and have yet to install them, thanks for the updated video. My question...does the battery need to be disconnected?
me too!
Old 04-13-2021, 02:59 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by amsmike
Originally Posted by Larry Cable
me too!
Good question. Don't need to disconnect the battery. Just make sure the ignition is turned OFF before unplugging the yellow connector under the seat.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:37 PM
sasportas
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts
Default TPC Seat Brackets

I have the TPC seat angle brackets installed in my RS without any problems.

I also have the sub bracket installed with Schroth harnesses.

The install was easy - just unplug the wire harness and re-route after installing the brackets.

I told Tom that my recaro seats are sitting in my living room now because the stock seats are perfectly positioned.

The brackets completely transformed the stock seats.
Tom@TPC Racing (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 04:53 PM
amsmike
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom@TPC Racing
Good question. Don't need to disconnect the battery. Just make sure the ignition is turned OFF before unplugging the yellow connector under the seat.
Great. Thank you Tom!

I will get this done over the weekend.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:54 AM
ngamountains
Racer

Received 273 Likes on 150 Posts

Tom, I watched and appreciate your latest detailed video, and am on the cusp of ordering. Question - do the brackets/instructions when shipped come with torque specs for all the bolts you are loosening/removing, at reinstallation? Playing with things like seat attachment to the floorpan and belt attachment to the seat frame it feels to me like those ought to be done in a more precise way than the Gutenteit method, especially for your bolt, which I presume threads into a metallic insert in the CF seat shell. I haven’t yet seen any numbers mentioned. Thanks in advance and enjoy the 3RS!
Old 04-14-2021, 01:06 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ngamountains
Tom, I watched and appreciate your latest detailed video, and am on the cusp of ordering. Question - do the brackets/instructions when shipped come with torque specs for all the bolts you are loosening/removing, at reinstallation? Playing with things like seat attachment to the floorpan and belt attachment to the seat frame it feels to me like those ought to be done in a more precise way than the Gutenteit method, especially for your bolt, which I presume threads into a metallic insert in the CF seat shell. I haven’t yet seen any numbers mentioned. Thanks in advance and enjoy the 3RS!
Thanks! The four M10 bolts that hold the seat to the floor of the car is OEM-spec 37 ft-lbs. I am afraid to publish the torque value to the M8 side bolts because, like you said, the side bolts thread into inserts. I could be wrong, but I don't the aftermarket racing seat companies publish those either. Using a torque wrench for such a low-torque application can potentially break the inserts from the shell. With the M10 floor bolts tight the side plates aren't going the move, so the side bolts torque is less critical, IMO. I have not seen one race car mechanic use torque wrench on the side bolts... I do it like I do on oil filters, make it snug, and a tug with a standard length 3/8" ratchet. The potential fail in using a torque wrench here is the user won't be able to feel the insert breaking away from the shell. Whereas snug & tug the user should feel the yield point.
Old 04-14-2021, 01:12 PM
ngamountains
Racer

Received 273 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom@TPC Racing
Thanks! The four M10 bolts that hold the seat to the floor of the car is OEM-spec 37 ft-lbs. I am afraid to publish the torque value to the M8 side bolts because, like you said, the side bolts thread into inserts. I could be wrong, but I don't the aftermarket racing seat companies publish those either. Using a torque wrench for such a low-torque application can potentially break the inserts from the shell. With the M10 floor bolts tight the side plates aren't going the move, so the side bolts torque is less critical, IMO. I have not seen one race car mechanic use torque wrench on the side bolts... I do it like I do on oil filters, make it snug, and a tug with a standard length 3/8" ratchet. The potential fail in using a torque wrench here is the user won't be able to feel the insert breaking away from the shell. Whereas snug & tug the user should feel the yield point.
Thanks for the floor bolt torques and explanation!

Order placed; will post install and use experiences here.

Last edited by ngamountains; 04-14-2021 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Added order note
Old 04-15-2021, 06:11 AM
obcabahug
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom. Thanks for checking into this. I appreciate your attention to detail. I am using a custom made cushion which works.
Do you think a shorter bracket can be made and attached to the rear bolts to make it less recline?
Thanks!
Old 04-16-2021, 03:49 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by obcabahug
Tom. Thanks for checking into this. I appreciate your attention to detail. I am using a custom made cushion which works.
Do you think a shorter bracket can be made and attached to the rear bolts to make it less recline?
Thanks!
No, I do not think so because the rear cannot be a double-pivot. Thank you for your post.

Last edited by Tom@TPC Racing; 04-16-2021 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-23-2021, 04:23 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Supplement Video - Passenger LWB Seat

Here is a supplemental video for passenger side LWB seat equipped with grey color plastic module. This video illustrates routing the wire loom above the metal bar for the increased decline angle. This process takes approximate 3 minutes. No cutting required, can be completely reversible to stock.

Last edited by Tom@TPC Racing; 04-23-2021 at 04:28 PM.
ngamountains (04-23-2021)

Quick Reply: New "Full Contact" LWB Seat Angle Brackets