Sponsored by:

Track Precision App – Initial Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 04:41 AM
donR
Pro

Received 202 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by JlewGt3
have you tried to put the overlay on GoPro video? It auto overlays on my iPhone.
I've done both. I find the GoPro footage much more stable but it is really hard to sync the GoPro footage with the Iphone or Android PTPA data. In Sydney Australia for some reason when I try to import the video footage from the GoPro to the App it adds 11 hours to the time which is really confusing as its hard to tell which video to choose, something to do with GMT despite the time being set correctly on the GoPro and Iphone so really stupid PTP app. Otherwise it works ok.

At my last track day my PTPA failed to record lap data after about half way through the day. Only difference was that I had the advanced lap timer on and I had the PTPA automatically strarting the GoPro recording. Otherwise not sure why it stopped working. I also only use the Iphone for PTPA and have everything else switched off so no issues with internal iphone interference.

Track day before it worked almost perfectly but I manually would start the GoPro and no advanced features on the recording. Seems like the App can get easily overwealmed. I think I will run the bare basics next time.

This is my most recent footage with the GoPro and PTPA overlay recorded on my Iphone 8, but I almost cried trying sync the two! I really like the App but I wish it was more consistent. Much easier if you record the video simultaneously on your actual phone!

Old 03-22-2021, 08:26 PM
1DarkChaos
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by M3the01
Ive used several times and no issue but eats my phones battery... i will be experimenting more.
Hi, what phone/system do you use?
Old 05-01-2021, 02:15 PM
ralphmusic
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Anyone have problems with vbo export? I can export the other two format types via email. On vbo it just returns the session summary page I selected to export data.

Latest app, iPhone 8S latest iOS
Old 05-01-2021, 03:59 PM
tdlondon
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Phone holder

Hi everyone. What do you guys use for a stable phone holder? I have the iPhone 11 max it’s big and heavy and all holders I’ve tried so far aren’t stable enough. I mean with suction cup to put on the windshield abs record videos. Thank you!

Quick Reply: Track Precision App – Initial Impressions