Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 LWB DIY mod (rear warning sticker delete)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 02:27 PM
ThEnder
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Does anyone have a good suggestion on how to remove the glue residue from leather? I removed the sticker from the back of my leather covered 18-ways but haven't had complete success in removing all the residue.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:17 PM
Rgwirtz
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 63 Posts

As much as I would hate to waste Tito’s on anything but my gullet, would it work on Alcantara? I hate the stickers more than I mourn the loss of good booze.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:20 PM
DucatiSPS
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 28 Posts

Turns out those stickers saved me from a lengthy lawsuit after my detailer "climbed into the back seats" to detail the rear window and found himself stuck, alone at this shop for hours. He was threatening damages and mental distress from the event, but when I pointed out the stickers to his overpriced legal team, the lawsuit magically disappeared.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:03 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by sterno
Now you need to remove the leather plug that come on US cars. It is a simple task but make sure you get the Porsche OEM removal tool ;-).
+1....sell them to the European guys here on RL...they are always looking for extra sets???
Old 11-01-2019, 07:51 PM
Rgwirtz
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by DucatiSPS
Turns out those stickers saved me from a lengthy lawsuit after my detailer "climbed into the back seats" to detail the rear window and found himself stuck, alone at this shop for hours. He was threatening damages and mental distress from the event, but when I pointed out the stickers to his overpriced legal team, the lawsuit magically disappeared.
I hang temporary signs on the back of the seats when the car is in for service! And I have a team of sticker lawyers on retainer.
The following users liked this post:
DucatiSPS (11-04-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 09:51 AM
Christian Plyler
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by DucatiSPS

Now that is interesting. They didn't argue that the stickers couldn't be read until it was too late?

Quick Reply: GT3 LWB DIY mod (rear warning sticker delete)