Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which JCR exhaust should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 05:09 PM
C_G
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve a 991.2 GT3 RS and I am also looking at a JCR setup. I’m in California and have seen several comments from CA residents regarding JCR.

I’m looking at headers and either a valved race pipe or silenced race pipe. I may just do the exhaust and skip the headers.

I need to maintain CA smog legality. The test is done electronically through OBD II port so I’m not sure what works and what does not.

Can anyone provide feedback on whether each of these options would work in CA and whether any type of ECU tuning is required?

1- Inconel manifold + valved race pipe
2- Inconel manifold + silenced race pipe
3- Valved race pipe only
4- Silenced race pipe only

Thanks

Old 03-04-2020, 09:03 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 586 Likes on 363 Posts

You won't need to get the car "smogged" (tested) for 7 years in most counties (some none at all I believe) so I wouldn't worry about it until 2025. I'm not an expert on all the parameters that are tested but I know in the case of my local garage he'll test a car using some other gizmo besides the official machine to make sure the car will pass before the official test so it won't be reported as a fail.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:07 PM
C_G
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RDCR
You won't need to get the car "smogged" (tested) for 7 years in most counties (some none at all I believe) so I wouldn't worry about it until 2025. I'm not an expert on all the parameters that are tested but I know in the case of my local garage he'll test a car using some other gizmo besides the official machine to make sure the car will pass before the official test so it won't be reported as a fail.
I am in an “enhanced” county that requires smog checks every other year. They test via OBD II port so I’m not sure how they would flag a modified car if it’s not throwing Check Engine Lights and some associated code(s).

I have searched here and haven’t found much information so far.

Last edited by C_G; 03-04-2020 at 09:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Which JCR exhaust should I get?