Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joined the GT3 family- new to me 991.1 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 09:47 PM
ubtrippin
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Congrats man. Same color as mine. Guards red. I have the red theme inside mine which is a plus. The gt3 platform is fantastic. But so is the gt4. Put foot to *** and it will scoot just as well as any car. Now go get an exhaust to wake up the beaat
Old 06-23-2019, 10:07 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt4doc

Love lizard green!! Are you in Rochester by chance??

!

Buffalo suburb (Clarence)---what kind of Doc are you?
My buddy from med school is an Orthopod there and sees another Lizard RS there from time to time.

P.S.-- I have clear side markers from my 991.1 that will not fit on the RS, if you are interested in buying?
Old 06-23-2019, 11:29 PM
Gt4doc
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
No roll bar and harnesses with those seats though...
Love the car and color! Congrats!
For the 2/3 events I do a year - I found they were too much of a pain and prevented me from driving the car more.. thanks for the compliments

Originally Posted by masti99
Congrats, enjoy in good health!
thank you
Originally Posted by ubtrippin
Congrats man. Same color as mine. Guards red. I have the red theme inside mine which is a plus. The gt3 platform is fantastic. But so is the gt4. Put foot to *** and it will scoot just as well as any car. Now go get an exhaust to wake up the beaat
Best color, I agree. I was thinking sharkwerks exhaust?
Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
Buffalo suburb (Clarence)---what kind of Doc are you?
My buddy from med school is an Orthopod there and sees another Lizard RS there from time to time.

P.S.-- I have clear side markers from my 991.1 that will not fit on the RS, if you are interested in buying?
Im a family doc - my wife is a radiologist.
I've never seen a lizard RS in Syracuse. There are UV and a Lava .1 RSs but no Lizards. Theres a new Lizard .2RS in Rochester who's a neurosurgeon - with mag wheels.
Yes- Id absolutely be interested in buying the clear sides
Old 06-23-2019, 11:37 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,503 Likes on 963 Posts

I agree on the GT4...underpowered...I don't care if they don't depreciate...they need another 30-50 bhp in my opinion. Maybe the upcoming 4.0 will help it, I think it picks up about 40 hp.

I recall test driving a GT4 with the 3.8 and I didn't like it either.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:41 AM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

For the 2/3 events I do a year - I found they were too much of a pain and prevented me from driving the car more.. thanks for the compliments

thank you

I've never seen a lizard RS in Syracuse. There are UV and a Lava .1 RSs but no Lizards. Theres a new Lizard .2RS in Rochester who's a neurosurgeon - with mag wheels.

yes, I should have clarified, my friend is in Rochester, that's why I figured you asked if I lived there.
PM me about the side markers.
I also had the Sharkwerks bypass on my 991.1 GT3...highly recommended.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:20 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts

Hello everyone!!! I figured I’d introduce myself- I’ve been lurking on the forums for a year or so and finally got a GT3 so I wanted to say hi and discuss this car’s future value.... just joking, I know how popular and infrequent value threads are.

I live in Syracuse NY which is a really small Porsche community to the point I can name everyone with a .1 and a .2 GT3. The point is I entered the Porsche world this winter by buying a GT4 thinking I’d love it. I tracked a bunch with bmw cca and am in the Solo run group and had 4 previous Ms that I loved and convinced myself that a GT car was the next evolution. So I started searching and found a great 2016 guards red GT4 this winter. It had full buckets, I put in harness, roll bar had a local race shop do full adjustments and I was pumped!!!

Then i started to drive the car and loved it on the streets. Loved the manual for around town but my wife who also tracks hated it. I taught her how to drive manual (she only tracked dct cars) and thought we were good. She continued to say she’d never drive it on the track and wanted a GT3 pdk. I hesitated but said let’s give the car a chance (started searching for a GT3 anyway) - but the more I drove the less I liked it. The seats were absolutely terrible (I’m I big guy so getting in and out was a comedy itself) and I found myself never able to drive it (I could never take it to work as I have a toddler who I drop off at daycare) and on weekends there is always too little time to just have me drive.

So so a few weeks ago I took it to Wakins Glen for its first track event and I came away hating the car. I loved the manual for the streets but it was slow as hell on the track. The car itself was lightweight but I found unsettled because of the weight over the bus stop and curbs . The biggest issue- it’s way under powered. Also- with a Hans and helmet- even with seat brackets, my head was rubbing on the ceiling. In addition- the seats were the most uncomfortable I’ve ever been in and I’ve been in race seats. Needless to say I really made the push to find a pdk GT3 and admitted the wife was right, this wasn’t the car for us.

I found my GT3 after a few months of looking and 2 weeks of hardcore searching. I just made the 6 hr drive down with the gt4 and 6 hr drive back up with the new GT3 after finding it at Tyson’s Corner Porsche. It’s a 2016 CPO (my GT4 wasn’t cpo’d), 18 way seats and I’ve never loved a car as much as this one. Even after the 6 hrs drive home I didn’t want to stop driving it!!!

With out further delay- here are some pics!!!

Congrats!! Enjoy in good health!!

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 06-24-2019, 11:38 PM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Gmg racing exhaust a must. congrats on car.
The following users liked this post:
gmgracing (07-02-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 11:53 PM
aaa335
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Congrats on the the Gt3 , sounds like it is the perfect car for you.....I trained in Rochester .... I do NOT miss the winters
Old 07-02-2019, 12:11 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts

thank you

Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
Gmg racing exhaust a must. congrats on car.

We agree with FrstPorsche, GMG Exhaust is a MUST! But we may be a tad bit biased..

Old 07-02-2019, 12:23 PM
vodavoda
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats! I've owned a lot of "stuff" and driven a lot of "stuff" and it is my opinion that the GT3 is the best car out there bar-none. If there wasn't that underlying finger follower issue, this may be the most perfect car ever made.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:32 PM
soupy
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 23 Posts

Oh wow, so that's your GT4 sitting at Tyson's right now. I was there that same day you collected your GT3 and your GT4 was sitting outside about to be backed into the showroom. I stopped by that afternoon to chat with my SA. At first I thought it was my buddy's car with very similar specs, but then I noticed the NY inspection stickers and the track scrubbed tires and knew it couldn't have been his. If track days is a huge part of the car, this was a very worthwhile trade up.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:41 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 636 Likes on 304 Posts

GMG exhaust is a must.
The following users liked this post:
gmgracing (07-02-2019)
Old 07-03-2019, 10:28 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts

Congrats!!
By all means Sharkwerks!
Old 07-03-2019, 11:33 AM
Jickel180
Rennlist Member

Received 446 Likes on 240 Posts

Congrats. Love GR and more .1 GT3 content.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:41 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 636 Likes on 304 Posts

Great car. I found the GT4 slow as hell also. Not a fan of that car. Or more explicitly of the drivetrain!

Quick Reply: Joined the GT3 family- new to me 991.1 GT3