991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The last batch of Eurospec GT3 rs's

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 12:34 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
This is massively interesting, I wonder if they will give the last few RS is a special designation, or just treated it as a huge surprise for the lucky owners of the end of the model run ?
For free you mean? They've never worked for that
Old 05-15-2019, 12:59 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 416 Posts

Certainly will be rare. Better will be debatable.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:26 PM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 457 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
This is massively interesting, I wonder if they will give the last few RS is a special designation, or just treated it as a huge surprise for the lucky owners of the end of the model run ?
The debate about whether or not the final EU batch of RSs will/will not have the GPFs is a hot topic here in the UK..I finally gave in to curiosity on Monday after phoning the German Porsche factory who were secretive but finally got the info from PGB HQ..
I'm getting one in September/October so i have a vested interest in the spec..I doubt very much it'll be given a special designation however i fully expect other small improvements apart from the engine as a result of continued development..
There is however a very small chance that i was given false info to get me off their backs however i'm pretty sure that's not the case..There is still no official announcement which can be for several reasons..
Old 05-15-2019, 01:34 PM
DaveGordon
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't think there is any doubt the cars will have filters. My contract for June/July build even states this.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:40 PM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 457 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGordon
I don't think there is any doubt the cars will have filters. My contract for June/July build even states this.
I always suspected the last batch WLTP compliant would have to be fitted with the OPFs, however it was a hot debate in the UK as a small number of people were adamant that Porsche would be given a special dispensation..
The question i asked PGB was whether or not the last batch RSs would have the 6 ITBs..
Old 05-15-2019, 02:08 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,018 Likes on 2,838 Posts

Originally Posted by Taffy66
I always suspected the last batch WLTP compliant would have to be fitted with the OPFs, however it was a hot debate in the UK as a small number of people were adamant that Porsche would be given a special dispensation..
The question i asked PGB was whether or not the last batch RSs would have the 6 ITBs..
Seems pretty clear that the ITB's are paired with the filters (required to keep power up and even better for emissions). So, confirmation of filters means confirmation of ITB's afaik...
Old 05-20-2019, 04:37 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

UK configurator now says this on GT3 RS...

"Due to an upcoming revision of specification, this model is not currently available for configuration as a new factory order. Please continue to use the Car Configurator to explore the model. For more information regarding availability please contact your preferred Porsche Centre."
Old 05-21-2019, 04:24 PM
80s
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Talked to the ceo of my porsche center, still no info regarding engine.
What im hoping for:
If itb’s paired w opf, hd throttle response nothing id think id notice while tracking, sort of feels like all or nothing.. but im hoping porsche engineers are doing something creatful regarding sound, itbs seems to be able to sound marvelous on some race-engines. Plus also putting my hopes they wont have that much of a firewall as in the speedster in the rs/perhaps even less sound deadening..
Said it before i got sept build but first of these cars are build in june, porsche must make some sort of annoncement any day now stating engine spec.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:52 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 80s
If itb’s paired w opf, hd throttle response nothing id think id notice while tracking, sort of feels like all or nothing.. but im hoping porsche engineers are doing something creatful regarding sound, itbs seems to be able to sound marvelous on some race-engines.
1. You will be able to appreciate the throttle response on track - these cars are powerful enough that there is no need to use the throttle like a light switch. But even from off to full, it should respond more immediately.

2. When ITB's sound great, they usually are not buried inside an intake plenum. They will be in this case (to optimize torque over the rev band). May still sound a bit better though.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:35 PM
isv
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
1. You will be able to appreciate the throttle response on track - these cars are powerful enough that there is no need to use the throttle like a light switch. But even from off to full, it should respond more immediately.
I somehow really doubt that anyone would really be able to tell if driving the 2 cars back to back if one had the itbs vs not having it to be honest.....
Old 05-21-2019, 07:04 PM
993RR
Burning Brakes

Received 234 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by isv
I somehow really doubt that anyone would really be able to tell if driving the 2 cars back to back if one had the itbs vs not having it to be honest.....
The current delivery mode is brilliant, but suppose there will be a difference else they would not talk about it. Time will tell. Porsche are masters at providing noticeable marginal differences.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:18 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by isv
Have you ever owned a car with ITB's?
Old 05-21-2019, 07:27 PM
isv
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
Have you ever owned a car with ITB's?
A couple of BMW M cars.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:28 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by isv
A couple of BMW M cars.
Maybe you don't feel the same, but my ITB Porsches felt different (better) than the single throttle ones. Granted, the GT3 has very fine throttle response for a single-throttle example, but I still think the ITB version will be noticeably sharper and more responsive.

Did Pete Stout's review of the Speedster not ring true to you?

If someone wants to sponsor a double-blind test, I'm willing to risk embarrassment to test my claim
Old 05-21-2019, 07:46 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 71 Posts

I am genuinely curious on a modern car with drive by wire (where it is really the ECU/mapping that decides how much and how fast the throttle body opens/closes and not your right foot) how much you can tell the difference in a blind/deaf test. OTOH, it will should help the engine breath better/more efficient. Pity, it gets paired with OPF on the other end.

Quick Reply: The last batch of Eurospec GT3 rs's