Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First drive in 991 Speedster

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019 | 11:33 PM
Pcar81
Instructor

Thanks Grant.

thats how I took it as well but just want confirmation.

makes sense to me
Old 05-06-2019 | 11:36 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Great stuff, thanks Pete!

Get on the list to get one. Delivery PEC LA and drive up the coast (including Mooty food tips along the way)
Old 05-06-2019 | 11:40 PM
Pcar81
Instructor

Another question stout..

And I know I’m being very basic/redundant with my questions, but on NA (US) cars, is the mesh a REPLACEMENT for the mufflers or is it IN ADDITION TO in order to simulate pressure backflow like the OPF?

Thanks
Old 05-06-2019 | 11:43 PM
Pcar81
Instructor

And will the netting/mesh reduce power?
Old 05-06-2019 | 11:57 PM
tasman
Race Car

Thanks Pete
Old 05-07-2019 | 12:26 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pcar81
Another question stout..

And I know I’m being very basic/redundant with my questions, but on NA (US) cars, is the mesh a REPLACEMENT for the mufflers or is it IN ADDITION TO in order to simulate pressure backflow like the OPF?

Thanks
This is my interpretation:

All 1,948 Speedsters produced will have a new exhaust configuration: headers with integrated cats, otto particulate filter where the side mufflers used to be, and a center muffler

In markets with less stringent emissions protocol, the filter housing will remain, and there will be mesh inside that will create backpressure (per Pete), and potentially also attenuate horsepower and sound (unknown for now)
Old 05-07-2019 | 12:30 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

^ That was the way o understood it as well.
Old 05-07-2019 | 03:53 AM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Many thanks Pete for going to a lot of effort to give us Rennlisters so much info.As i suspected the ITBs and OTF come as a pair and the former counteracts some of the negatives caused the latter..With this pairing confirmed am i correct in assuming that this is the same setup used in the second batch EU only 991.2 GT3 RSs..I have a vested interest as i have an UK RS coming late summer..
Old 05-07-2019 | 04:46 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Taffy66
Many thanks Pete for going to a lot of effort to give us Rennlisters so much info.As i suspected the ITBs and OTF come as a pair and the former counteracts some of the negatives caused the latter..With this pairing confirmed am i correct in assuming that this is the same setup used in the second batch EU only 991.2 GT3 RSs..I have a vested interest as i have an UK RS coming late summer..
Yes would love to know the answer to this one. Great news that weight doesn't increase!
Old 05-07-2019 | 06:31 AM
928cs
Race Car

I hope that the link to the German configurator will work:
https://cc.porsche.com/icc_euro/ccCa...start%2fall%2f
Old 05-07-2019 | 06:34 AM
80s
Racer

Im also quite concerned regarding this question.

Is there any production at all at this moment 3 rs w eurospec??

When will the generation 3 rs enginespecs be official?
Old 05-07-2019 | 07:33 AM
wegentop
Intermediate

aus configurator is working now
Old 05-07-2019 | 08:00 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Old 05-07-2019 | 08:46 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 928cs
I hope that the link to the German configurator will work:
https://cc.porsche.com/icc_euro/ccCa...start%2fall%2f

Looks like Lizard Green is going to be an option.
Old 05-07-2019 | 10:08 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Super glad if some info was helpful—running to next flight, but…

Originally Posted by CAlexio
You're in Porto Cervo, my second home! Pics you posted are literally walking distance from my parent's home.. you have some amazing driving roads there to take. If you're allowed, head into the hinterlands, some amazing twisties!

Thanks for the info. Exciting to hear about the itb's excellent throttle response because my humble bet is they will show up on 992 GT3.
You sir, are from a beautiful part of the world. Simply fantastic—and some of the roads are FABULOUS! When are we doing Smokies IT?

Originally Posted by mooty
how much overmsrp
who do I pay
where do I sign
Ha. It's a value thread, after all...

Originally Posted by john weires
If USA cars do not have an OPF, will the horsepower be artificially limited to the same as OPF European models, or will USA have more rated horsepower?
If horsepower is the same how and why did they reduce it for USA cars?
Yes, 510 PS or 502 hp, or so I was told.

Thanks stout.

How much additional weight will the mesh contribute compared to current existing cars without mesh/ OPF?
No extra weight. Apparently the same.

Originally Posted by GrantG
Sounds like the exhaust of US cars with mesh will weigh less than current cars’ (they no longer have the heavy side mufflers, if I’ve understood correctly).
Correct.

Originally Posted by signes
Great stuff, thanks Pete!

Get on the list to get one. Delivery PEC LA and drive up the coast (including Mooty food tips along the way)
Did you say food tips? I will help Mooty by driving his CGT north....

Another question stout..

Thanks
Side mufflers deleted, mesh goes in, center muffler does the muffling, 22 pounds saved.

And will the netting/mesh reduce power?
Originally Posted by Guest89
This is my interpretation:

All 1,948 Speedsters produced will have a new exhaust configuration: headers with integrated cats, otto particulate filter where the side mufflers used to be, and a center muffler

In markets with less stringent emissions protocol, the filter housing will remain, and there will be mesh inside that will create backpressure (per Pete), and potentially also attenuate horsepower and sound (unknown for now)
Yes. Need to see how the sound thing plays out with US cars.

You are welcome! The pairing is critical, and there is more to it than that. The ITBs are not going to be an easy or even attractive upgrade for an existing car, imo with the info I have so far.

Ok, off to the next flight!

Quick Reply: First drive in 991 Speedster