Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 02:03 AM
Semitone
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlottesBest
Thank you for this information!
I found a 2016 Voodoo blue GT3RS for $239,998
Yeah..I saw that one. It looks like a good choice given your constraints. I suggest you get it before prices go up in the summer. My friend down in NC had one similar and said the wing was really useful because he could put a gun rack on it.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:26 AM
CharlottesBest
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
The most important thing here is that if you do get him the GT3 RS to ensure you get European delivery so that your son gets the full track car experience. Believe it or not but it's a totally free option now. Prostitution is legal in Germany and after your son lowers his testosterone levels he can practice his race car driving skills on this relatively unknown racetrack called the Nurburgring. Basically, if you go the smart route and choose European delivery, your son can proverbially kill two birds with one stone. Ensure you send plenty of condoms because from what I've seen at the local German pharmacy it's significantly more expensive for condoms in Europe. He's going to need to save every penny he can from his job across the street to pay for those expensive oil changes but with the right mindset it's totally doable!
I love European delivery! I have done it on almost every AMG I have purchased! You need to be 18 to drive in Germany though, and from what I’ve read, Porsche doesn’t give you a discount for European delivery. Mercedes gives you 7% off and that money saved should pay for a flight and hotel if you plan ahead of time.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:31 AM
CharlottesBest
Intermediate

Originally Posted by obbob
I’m personally fine with buying my children supercars but if my son was a cashier making $11/hr, no way in hell I would reward that with a GT3 RS...unless I wanted him to be a cashier forever.
He’s working $11/hour in high school. Once he gets a degree, he’s working for me. Being completely honest, I can hire him right after high school. I don’t want to. If I hire him right out of school, he’s not going to get a degree, and if a recession ever happens again, he won’t be in the best position.
Old 04-20-2019, 03:13 AM
BA73
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 100 Posts

SMH. Just be sure you get him that voodoo blue otherwise he won't ever learn the value of hard work.
Old 04-20-2019, 03:33 AM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

I grew up with extremely wealthy friends so understand better then most getting Ferraris at 18. The last thing I’d do is tell you how to parent but I couldn’t imagine a gt3rs as a first car. May as well give them a needle and heroin. Let them fulfil their own dreams in their own time. Maybe start with a civic Type R in cash and in his name, if he doesn’t like it let him sell it and take his income earnings to upgrade. Maybe even match cash on what he wants? It sounds like you’re spoiling yourself, not your son. Foresight is priceless.

Last edited by Dot23RS; 04-20-2019 at 04:21 AM.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:03 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,451 Likes on 755 Posts

Get him an M3. Plenty fast and sporty but not too over the top
Old 04-20-2019, 05:17 AM
Beam
8th Gear

My parent bought me one of my dream supercar when I was 22 , I was choosing between the 911.2 GT3RS and the Huracan Performante as they are the same price range In UK market , told them I want the Porsche as its not too over the top , while there were about $50000 mark up on the Porsche which is just ridiculous.But I had collected my gt3rs and been enjoying for 2 months now , so id say go for the Porsche if you are looking for reliability , cheaper and easier maintenance , less flashy but fast and so much fun and that Miami blue spec is stunning !. Goodluck finding one !!
Old 04-20-2019, 06:10 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 882 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Get him an M3. Plenty fast and sporty but not too over the top
I just bought my 18 year old a 2011M3. That said, it was after 2 years of driving. A Porsche GT car for a teen is a HORRIBLE idea.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:30 AM
azzurri
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 95 Posts

If this is legit even however far-fetched the story seems, sorry dude, but the idea of buying someone (child) who is making $11/hour a GT3RS is unbelievable. The implications of what value is in the world is totally missed and has got to be one of the worst educational moments to provide as a parent. He can't even pay for his own insurance on that kind of income, much less living expenses etc. The idea that he even thinks it is appropriate speaks volumes of what is missing.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:31 AM
obbob
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 75 Posts

Once again, I’m not saying buying your children nice things is bad. But raising them to feel entitled to luxuries is bad. In this situation, based off what information we have, I already see worrying signs of entitlement.

For example, the son knows he’s getting a GT3 RS at his parents cost. He then goes and specs one of the most expensive and bloated cars I’ve ever seen. The son literally added $70K of unnecessary extras, including extravagant options that add nothing to the car. To me that indicates he’s milking every dime out of this gift rather than treating it like a huge blessing. It’s like if your pal offers to pick up the bill at an expensive dinner and you agree, but then order 2 bottles of Crystal champagne to take home.

Second sign: it’s clear OP knows little about cars, while the son knows a ton. Yet he’s putting the huge inconvenience on his parents to do all the annoying research such as ADM, playing dealer games, etc. If he wanted to show gratitude, he would do all the research and effort himself, and only contact the parent once payment is needed. If he knows about PTS, he knows how much of an effort it is to find a GT3 RS allocation at MSRP. That effort is even harder for someone who knows nothing about cars. Yet he lets his parents go through that trouble anyways.

TLDR: OP says “son, I’m getting you a $200K car. Son: “okay I’ve added $70K in options on top and only want a super rare color, now go do all the work of finding it for me thanks.”
Old 04-20-2019, 07:09 AM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

This guy is such an idiot.That car would be totaled within weeks and if not totaled it would be keyed by every jelious kid in town.Can you imagine out drinking and parting every night with your buddies.This guy is a joke.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:53 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
The most important thing here is that if you do get him the GT3 RS to ensure you get European delivery so that your son gets the full track car experience. Believe it or not but it's a totally free option now. Prostitution is legal in Germany and after your son lowers his testosterone levels he can practice his race car driving skills on this relatively unknown racetrack called the Nurburgring. Basically, if you go the smart route and choose European delivery, your son can proverbially kill two birds with one stone. Ensure you send plenty of condoms because from what I've seen at the local German pharmacy it's significantly more expensive for condoms in Europe. He's going to need to save every penny he can from his job across the street to pay for those expensive oil changes but with the right mindset it's totally doable!
hahahhaahahaha, best response ever!
Old 04-20-2019, 09:27 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,153 Likes on 468 Posts

I know this is a fake troll post, but in case its not I just have to weigh in on one small point.

I am a track junky, spend a lot of days on track each year. a few years ago I was driving my 2016 RS when a massive rain storm hit. Obviously this car comes equipped with Cup 2 tires which are great for the track, not so great for anything but warm dry pavement. I lost control of my RS on the highway after hitting a large puddle/collection of water. Thankfully my track experiences saved my rear end because otherwise this thing would have been totaled. My wife was in the car and she made me stop, almost wouldn't get back in the car ever again.

So, if you are truly a father and not a troll, and if you love your kid, DO NOT do this. Let him get experience driving a normal car for a few years, then if he is responsible and shows he can drive in a safe way, then by all means get him whatever you want. But as a starter car, these things can be very dangerous if not treated with respect.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:51 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

I’ll pay for the insurance. It’ll be much cheaper if it’s under my name and he’s just a “driver”
. He can pay for the tires for street use, as if he drives conservatively on the street they shouldn’t wear too quickly, but if he does ever track the car I’ll take care of those expenses. But thank you for the oil change advice, I’ll call the dealership and some European car shops nearby.
So the car will be in your name, and your son will be listed as a part time driver? It's been a long time, but my recollection is that you will have to list the percentage of the time that your son will be driving the car. If you answer the question truthfully, the Insurance premium will be extraordinarily high. If you are untruthful, you'll be committing fraud.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:59 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

amazing how many people falling for this

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3RS for my son!